Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:01:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Stablecoins have a future?  (Read 16403 times)
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 01:18:43 PM

in my opinion, stable coins have a bright future.
If the market goes up, we can convert/sell coins with stable coins, and when the market goes down we can buy it again.
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 01:54:22 PM

People are using stable coins and they are pretty useful. I have no doubts that stablecoins have a great future, but the only question is if we really need so much stable coins that are on the market now. We can easily handle our transactions with only several stablecoins. I do not need 20 of them.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 03:16:12 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2019, 04:39:37 AM by Ararbermas

Stable coin have no future mate because volatility is the must when it comes investment ,so no one will trust on it and will try to put money because of being stable and no profits will be made. which is it'l will become useless only on this kind of market IMO.  
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:33:12 PM

~snip~
For me not, just for investors who has knowledgeable to cryptocurrency they will ignore to invest in stable coin. For them stable coin just for short term trading not use for long term investment, they will choose stock who has had a permission from the government because that place is really safe rather than cryptocurrency especially stable coin. I used stable coin just for short term trading when the price bitcoin meet increasing price, as you know if the price bitcoin fall then many investor or trader will move they money into stable coin like USDT. I guess your question mean is just for the profit that will get by investor for long term investment so I have an answer no, the stable coin will not give a huge profit although we use it for long term investment.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

I think that stablecoins have a future. Since cryptocurrencies are very volatile, there must be some kind of stability in this market. Stablecoins just called to be such a guarantor. This is a kind of bridge between the market of cryptocurrency and fiat money.
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 06:45:22 PM

I think that stablecoins have a future. Since cryptocurrencies are very volatile, there must be some kind of stability in this market. Stablecoins just called to be such a guarantor. This is a kind of bridge between the market of cryptocurrency and fiat money.
It seems to me that with respect to the future, stable coins have nothing to worry about, because it has not proved its relevance, even with the current state of the cryptocurrency market. But I use such coins to users of cryptocurrency to minimize their risks and not allow their assets to go to the bottom.
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:12:36 PM

It seems to me that with respect to the future, stable coins have nothing to worry about, because it has not proved its relevance, even with the current state of the cryptocurrency market. But I use such coins to users of cryptocurrency to minimize their risks and not allow their assets to go to the bottom.
From the very beginning of the appearance on the cryptocurrency market of the USDT, as the equivalent of a dollar in the cryptocurrency, I prefer to always use this coin with the instability of the cryptocurrency market and with certain price fluctuations.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 07:16:07 PM

When we talk about the future in crypto currencies, most will think about the big profits they might get. But because stablecoin will always have the same value as fiat (usd in this case) then I don't think stablecoin will have such future. Stablecoin is here to help crypto users when they want to secure their money from volatility but they want to remain in the crypto sphere.

Cocoincos

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 08:27:35 PM

of course stable coin have future and not only stable coins but some altcoins too, and every altcoin can start be a stablecoin in any moment
Fammosh82

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 09:28:05 PM

The future vision for stablecoins appears to be an optimistic one on all fronts, as they have the potential of changing the crypto scene (and improve mainstream adoption). Industry experts agree that they are the key factor in expanding the crypto user base. Stablecoins offer a solid relationship between digital coins and fiat currencies, one that can potentially free the sphere from all the perils of inflation.

As with most things in the exciting crypto world, the future of stablecoins highly depends on how well governments will establish governance over them. Even though there still a long road ahead, stablecoins can potentially replace the current fiat currency system. However, as mentioned before, to get there, the world of today needs a better defined global financial system.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 09:45:39 PM

I feel like stable coin is just useful for this season where you need to use in daily basis, but when time comes that Bitcoin was fully adapted and being use for buying and selling products, the use of stable coin is no longer needed.its just that Bitcoin will never get stable which some might not want to they will still keep a stable coin. But for me, I like Bitcoin since it is volatile, it grows unexpectedly which makes it more exciting.
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 10:00:41 PM

stablecoins are already an integral part of the crypto trade and that is why i think they will not disappear so quickly. they replace fiat money to facilitate the crypto trade. if stablecoins were suddenly gone, that would surely be a big and negative blow in the crypto market.
terrific

Activity: 2170
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 10:36:22 PM

Anyone who have heard the news about facebook coin?
rumors say that they looking to fund it $1B.
https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-said-to-be-seeking-1-billion-in-funding-for-crypto-project
It is a stable coin.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 12:50:46 AM

Stable coins would be an important part of cryptocurrency economics. With the unsuitability of crypto, we can't risk to put everything on a volatile coin while we can not even risk to keep on exchanging them to and from the fiat. So, stable coins are needed. Stable coins would be the future of day to day transactions. They would be the supplement to fiat currency.

Stablecoins are ideal to protect against volatility indeed. However, their stability is questioned since they're traded on the free market. Relative to Fiat, Stablecoins are not backed by the government which cannot guarantee a value of $1 USD all the time. There have been times where Stablecoins have gone below the $0.99 - $1 range, making them somewhat volatile.

This has been the case with Tether (USDT) when it was below the $0.99 mark for some time. While now it's within the $1 mark, it could go down anytime the same way as any other cryptocurrency. As for NuBits, it used to be a Stablecoin pegged to the USD, but now it's a failure. It worth a lot less than $1, at merely cents per coin. Investors who trusted USNBT, have now lost their fortune on a supposed Stablecoin that should've been worth at least $1 USD.

Despite this, it seems that new Stablecoins are emerging occasionally. Before, we had Nubits and Tether, but now we have bitUSD, USDC, DAI, TrueUSD, and even Gemini Dollars as Stablecoins for the world. Whenever they will be a success in the future, is yet to be seen. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 01:00:13 AM

It's needs to have good volatility and solid platform using them to be relevant, you can't claim your coin pegging USD   all the time cause the market could go against the price, anyway stable coin is necessary for me to secure your investment easily when the market is bearing, pretty ideal

Litzki1990

Activity: 1246
Merit: 346

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 01:16:46 AM

I also like stablecoins because it is safe for any investment but i want to invest in volatility coins i am getting surprises when the coins is going up in crypto market and i can earn much more profit in the future.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 01:25:04 AM

For me yes, stable coins may have a good future price if its project continues to develop and showing a good product. Stable coins ay balance its price from fluctuation, decreasing and increasing its price to a good situation, so stable coins may have a good future and good to invest with.
zissmieus

Activity: 180
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 01:26:09 AM

I think stablecoin's future is very difficult. Because the purpose of creating this type of crypto is to represent USD with equal value. It is just a crypto that is stable so that users can store and use it more easily. Of course, there is a need for stability with stablecoin so that users can use it more. So the stablecoin future, if any, is about stability and number of deliveries, not much about value change to make good profits.
DreamStage

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 01:27:25 AM

If they have some good background company experience (professionalism) in proving that the coin will actually be ok for such long time then yeah i would consider it being stable for the future.

You should also check their news and white papers to see if it's ok

Nothing to see here
Mark_trader

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:11:21 AM

I suggest to people who want to invest in cryptocurrency to choose Altcoin that is in the top rank of coinmarketcap if you want investment and make sure the coin is safe, rather than coins that have just appeared in the cryptocurrency list.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: