Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:51:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2019-04-06]Canada Accepts Payments Using Bitcoin & Other Cryptos  (Read 140 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 12:37:02 PM

A recent voting exercise that took place in the town of Innisfil, Canada, resulted into the beginning of a pilot project which allows paying taxes for property using cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and others, and this will work for around 12 months.

The trading platform was the first in the country to launch zero percent (0%) financing, overhead and payout fees. According to Lynn Dollin, Mayor of Innisfil city, they had to come out with this decision because of the increasing growth, popularity and adoption of digital currencies and blockchain technology.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/canada-accepts-bitcoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 07:16:13 PM

According to Lynn Dollin, Mayor of Innisfil city, they had to come out with this decision because of the increasing growth, popularity and adoption of digital currencies and blockchain technology.

The headline of the article made it look like the whole country of Canada accepted crypto payments in their taxes yet the truth is its only a unknown municipal city in Canada who implemented it. Just by searching in Google you will see that Innisfil city isn't a dense city which is only home for around 36,000 people that I doubt even a quarter of it knows what a cryptocurrency is. For me this is only just a political ploy that doesn't really change anything in their city, I'll be more understanding if one of the cities like Toronto or Vancouver have implemented this.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 07:39:44 PM

According to Lynn Dollin, Mayor of Innisfil city, they had to come out with this decision because of the increasing growth, popularity and adoption of digital currencies and blockchain technology.

The headline of the article made it look like the whole country of Canada accepted crypto payments in their taxes yet the truth is its only a unknown municipal city in Canada who implemented it. Just by searching in Google you will see that Innisfil city isn't a dense city which is only home for around 36,000 people that I doubt even a quarter of it knows what a cryptocurrency is. For me this is only just a political ploy that doesn't really change anything in their city, I'll be more understanding if one of the cities like Toronto or Vancouver have implemented this.

Yes, it is the usual CoinIdol clickbait.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3650

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 04:09:58 PM

I want to quote a quote from another source, this article mentions the reason for this acceptance:

Due to this partnership, residents pays their property taxes to Coinberry Pay in Bitcoin, and the corporate will convert it into Canadian {dollars} and ahead them to the city.

So they want their people to pay taxes by any means as long as they can be converted into Canadian dollars, it's like saying that I accept the Venezuelan currency as long as I can convert it to my local currency.

This acceptance is meaningless.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 10:18:27 PM

This acceptance is meaningless.
It depends. If paying your taxes in Bitcoin isn't a taxable event on its own, then paying taxes in Bitcoin after a solid increase suddenly becomes so much more of an interesting option to traders and investors.

Overall, this is also part of adoption, so even though it only concerns a smaller city in this case, it's still a good thing in my book. People here became so spoiled that they dislike anything that doesn't fit in their picture perfect narrative.

As long as Bitcoin's price is so volatile people shouldn't be surprised that merchants and local governments use third party payment gateways to have every incoming Bitcoin transaction be converted to fiat.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: