Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:00:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sushi Review appears to have been taken over by a Scammer.  (Read 1196 times)
xrobau (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Open Source Developer, Hardware Supplier

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:22:55 PM

And, of course, I've been bitten. Sigh.

I did, in good faith, do some research before buying a couple of Antminer S1's from Sushi Review. Plenty of good reviews, plenty of people saying they received what they ordered.

And, as Sushi is in China (and I'm in Australia) I thought I'd order through there, rather than through Bitmain, for shorter delivery times.

Bad mistake.  Order was accepted, payment was received, and then.. nothing.

After not getting shipping confirmation the next day (when the order promised next day shipping), I opened a ticket asking for a tracking number. Nothing.

Then after a couple of days, I opened ANOTHER ticket asking for a refund.  Still nothing.

And now I see lots and lots of posts appearing from OTHER people who also haven't received their orders, and have had their emails and tickets ignored.

So, Sorry, but it appears that his catchphrase of "Because Bitcoins Are Here to Stay" is missing a word.  It should now be "Because YOUR Bitcoins are here to stay".

TL;DR:  Sushi has given up on actually shipping things people pay for. Sushi Review = Scam.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:40:15 PM

Hadiwinardi made a similar post like this last week...

"be carefull with ww.sushi-review.com is scam" March 06, 2014, 02:56:34 PM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=503893.0

xrobau (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Open Source Developer, Hardware Supplier

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:04:05 PM

Hadiwinardi made a similar post like this last week...

Yeah. sadly, he made it like 8 hours after I ordered mine. Sigh.

dvilaverde

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:17:58 PM

I have a pending order with Sushi and I can not get any response from him regarding whether or not it has shipped.  I've purchased from him in the past with excellent results, but this last order is causing me to worry. 

Is it still safe to order from sushi?  As of not I am out BTC without an S1 and no word from Sushi to ease my concerns. 

How many others are out there is this same situation?

Sushi, can you give us a sign that you're still legit?

dvilaverde

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:41:31 AM

I have a pending order with Sushi and I can not get any response from him regarding whether or not it has shipped.  I've purchased from him in the past with excellent results, but this last order is causing me to worry. 

Is it still safe to order from sushi?  As of not I am out BTC without an S1 and no word from Sushi to ease my concerns. 

How many others are out there is this same situation?

Sushi, can you give us a sign that you're still legit?

As a followup, after a few days of not hearing from sushi he did eventually respond and clarified that there was a shipping error.  He gave me a partial refund for the amount I overpaid for a faster shipping option and we did eventually receive the S1.

Sushi can be trusted, but he must be insanely busy.  Buy from sushi with confidence.

Dave
jackjopo

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:06:03 PM

Hello,

I am having a very similar problem here. I bought an Ant Miner S1 from Sushi Review on Tuesday March 11. After waiting a few days and receiving no shipping feedback, I contacted the seller numerous times. On Sunday I received feedback from the Site promising to ship out the miner latest on Tuesday March 18. After that, nothing! Up till now I don't know if Sushi Review has shipped my product or not. I'm beginning to wonder if I've been scammed. Sushi Review, I hope you are reading this. Where is my order ? What is going on ?
jackjopo

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:31:47 PM

Hello,

I am having a very similar problem here. I bought an Ant Miner S1 from Sushi Review on Tuesday March 11. After waiting a few days and receiving no shipping feedback, I contacted the seller numerous times. On Sunday I received feedback from the Site promising to ship out the miner latest on Tuesday March 18. After that, nothing! Up till now I don't know if Sushi Review has shipped my product or not. I'm beginning to wonder if I've been scammed. Sushi Review, I hope you are reading this. Where is my order ? What is going on ?

Following up on my experience, I eventually received the S1. The delay was due to the order being overlooked. So, by and large Sushi Review is still legit. The shop really could improve its order processing system though.

Cheers
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:12:21 PM

When did you last have contact with sushi? Since he seems impossible to reach
zomila

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:31:56 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 02:15:41 PM by zomila

Hi,
i order AntMiner S1 from Sushi review on 03.04.2014.
Next day i got info that payment is received.
After that I tried to contact him few times, but no reply.
Hope that i will get my S1 like the others.

Edit: i finally got refund...
V.Kodoff

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

The Skin GURU/We all love the abused trust system

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:38:03 PM

For everyone who like to start case agaisnt them feel free to contact us.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=556208.0

Before you think anything bad agaisnt me based on the abused trust system,check out the link which will redirect you to the reasons why i have negative trust.
There is many proofs how the btctalk trust system is abused by trollers for no reason.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: