Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:46:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Modify and Isolate sections for signature campaign?  (Read 182 times)
erikoy (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 02:29:10 PM

Shit posting is a hot topic in meta section. Due to the fact that bitcointalk forum has millions of registered users and thousands of which are active then load of posts everyday will be expected. As I qouted in my reply
Besides, the forum is not suitable for large number of users and you could expect a load of posts in just one day.

Bad posts or good posts you could not expect to read it all with tons of it everyday.

Many users were complaining about the shit posting and encourage other users to remove the shit posting habit. So, theymos has done something and successfully lessen the shit posts but not completely removed after theymos implemented the merit system of which jr. member should have at least 1 merit. Some users also want to tagged a shit poster with a label or points and it is somehow embarassing on our part as shit poster and no bounty manager will.accept us in signature.campaign.

Now if shit posting is really a problem then I think it is better to modify the signature campaign. Remove signature in some sections like the serius discussions has now. Focus signature campaign in the altcoins section. Provide more sub section in that area to which bounty signatures are allowed.

I am trying to say to isolate signature campaign. I bet it would be approriate and better to promote a project and discuss it their in its own announcement thread.

But, then I know it is not possible to happen for the forum is earning on with these projects in terms of fame (as a reliable forum for crypto discussions), money from these projects like tips or something, and etc. even though tlthe admin claim that the forum has enough money but it could not help if signature will be remove signatures especialy there are forums now emerges and taken the concept of the bitcointalk forum and has thousands of registered users already.

What do you think? Do we need to Isolate section/s  for signature campaign?

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 02:44:09 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2019, 02:56:30 PM by AdolfinWolf

Yes. I think we should start by banning signatures in the Altcoin sections, since my campaign doesn't pay for those sections anway, and all that's ever posted there is complete trash anyway,  garbled up by people only because they're getting paid to do so..

^ Your argument.

Now if shit posting is really a problem then I think it is better to modify the signature campaign. Remove signature in some sections like the serius discussions has now. Focus signature campaign in the altcoins section.
How convenient. LOL.

Meanwhile the actual problems that the forum is having aren't because of the bitcoin-based signature campaigns, but rather all those campaigns paying in tokens which lets their participants spew out one-liners to no avail, just to get their name out there.

(Which primarily happens in the altcoin section, so by your logic, we should actually start restricting signatures there, and in Bitcoin discussion, Trading Discussion, and Economics.)
_

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 02:51:54 PM

What do you think? Do we need to Isolate section/s  for signature campaign?

As you've said above, that's what serious discussion and ivory tower have done.

If you still don't like it, move to reddit Grin. A lot of people, like me, in signature campaigns are here because we enjoy discussing bitcoin, I can't justify being here for more than 16 hours a week just for something interesting to potentially pop up that week (and if I'm not here all I have to rely on for information is the mainstream media Sad ) - I'd be here about as much as I am on youtube then, couple of minutes a day... Moderating the campaign managers is a much better idea IMO.

There's a lot of people on this ofrum that are shitposting because they're butthurt about negative trust (any guesses who I'm thinking of?) so it's not just signatures that are the issue here.

I've noticed people complaining recently "most people are here for trading and earning bitcoin" and I can't understand that. We're a forum about a coin and we're apparently supposed to become merit & trust talk instead. Making meta sig campaignless I think is a great idea though it'd have my backing...

Lol, force signatures into the altcoin section, you clearly don't know how difficult is is to get a response already there for a question you have. Jet cash did something nice with one of his forums and I don't know why we haven't tried it here (make subsections in the altcoin section for long standing coins, things like litecoin, dash, vitalik coin (ethereum), vitalik coin minus vitalik (eos)...
erikoy (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 03:14:49 PM

Yes. I think we should start by banning signatures in the Altcoin sections, since my campaign doesn't pay for those sections anway, and all that's ever posted there is complete trash anyway,  garbled up by people only because they're getting paid to do so..

^ Your argument.

Now if shit posting is really a problem then I think it is better to modify the signature campaign. Remove signature in some sections like the serius discussions has now. Focus signature campaign in the altcoins section.
How convenient. LOL.

Meanwhile the actual problems that the forum is having aren't because of the bitcoin-based signature campaigns, but rather all those campaigns paying in tokens which lets their participants spew out one-liners to no avail, just to get their name out there.

(Which primarily happens in the altcoin section, so by your logic, we should actually start restricting signatures there, and in Bitcoin discussion, Trading Discussion, and Economics.)
_

I do not see that it really needed to ban me from your project but if you wish to do it then go ahead.

Since you are good at it.

You should look to other users also because if you are just banning a single user then you are not professional in handling bounty projects.

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 05:18:38 PM

I do not see that it really needed to ban me from your project but if you wish to do it then go ahead.

Since you are good at it.

You should look to other users also because if you are just banning a single user then you are not professional in handling bounty projects.

^^ This is not making any sense.

Unfortunately I saw few people who are doing shitpost without any signature,how would you deal with them?
Just use "Reort to Moderator" button effectively.

I am alive
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: