Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 02:16:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who decides regional coin status  (Read 450 times)
Wingel (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:38:23 PM

How are the regional coins regonized, or does it just means that devteam post: this is regional coin for xxx
anonuser777

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:15:40 PM

How are the regional coins regonized, or does it just means that devteam post: this is regional coin for xxx

Yep, the dev simply creates another crap clone coin, promises to distribute it to the population (however logistically impossible that might be), then sits back and rakes in the money.
MysticalPotato

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Stop the potato genocide!

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:57:14 PM

Developers are required to first submit a request to the Bureau of Alt Coins, signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.

Aided by exhaustive surveys of targeted demographic samples, projections of M1 and M2 money supply, the Fed's 12-mth lending rates, mining forecasts and coin logo color preferences, developers thereafter spin a plastic globe. With their eyes firmly shut, and using only their right index finger, devs must stop the globe from spinning with a poke. The location of the poke will determine the principal location of said coin.

Developers are frequently reminded not to use plastic globes made in Libya, as their coin could potentially be called Al Jumahiriyah al Arabiyah al Libiyah ash Shabiyah al Ishtirakiyah al UzmaCoin.

Ref: http://youtu.be/cbN1NaQ7yQI?t=18s

"Politeness induces morality. Serenity of manners requires serenity of mind.” - Julia Ward Howe

Signature space available for a worthy cause
FoBoT

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:24:33 PM

<facepalm>

any idea what de-centralized means?
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:49:56 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2018, 09:11:41 AM by xbudahx

I make those decisions.

Wingel (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:14:58 PM

I was just wondering that does the term has some kind of actual meaning, like minimum prosent of coins delivered to specific country habitants by premining etc, or something or is it just word that people use to advertise....
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:33:07 PM

I make those decisions.

Send any requests by PM and 1 btc to 1EqrZrCoXyZKHoT5pjcMmnUoPCSVQDgHgj for each approval.

You little TROLL !  Cheesy

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: