Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:17:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ''Trusted New project'' section for Bitcointalk  (Read 321 times)
dasunlanka (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 23

Be cool

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 06:00:29 AM

I can't find any related topics about this suggestion. that is why I am posting this. I think it is a good time to add ''Trusted New Project''/''New Project reviewing'' section on Alternate cryptocurrencies thread. It is like reviewing new projects. anyone can add new projects with full details and other people can review about that project, already very good analyzers are in bitcointalk they can search about the team, project, website, whitepaper and other things.in this method people can find legitimate and good projects for investment and bounties.

This is the process

01 anyone can post an announcement about their project in ''Trusted New project''
02 any person in the bitcointalk can review
03 after some time period (1-2 weeks) moderators can give some rating about the project comparing all the comments. and if the project is less than minimum rating moderator will delete the announcement
04 all the people can read the announcement, comments, rating and get a better idea about that project
05 all the announcement related to that project must include rating given by the moderator

I would like to know your idea about this suggestion
Thanks

[ F - A - M - I - L - Y ] Coolest word in the world - Be happy with your Family
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 06:02:03 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2019, 07:00:19 AM by Vod

I can't find any related topics about this suggestion. that is why I am posting this. I think it is a good time to add ''Trusted New Project''/''New Project reviewing'' section on Alternate cryptocurrencies thread. It is like reviewing new projects. anyone can add new projects with full details and other people can review about that project, already very good analyzers are in bitcointalk they can search about the team, project, website, whitepaper and other things.in this method people can find legitimate and good projects for investment and bounties.

This is the process

01 anyone can post an announcement about their project in ''Trusted New project''
03 after some time period (1-2 weeks) moderators can give some rating about the project comparing all the comments. and if the project is less than minimum rating moderator will delete the announcement
04 all the people can read the announcement, comments, rating and get a better idea about that project
05 all the announcement related to that project must include rating given by the moderator

I would like to know your idea about this suggestion
Thanks

Nope.  Would be spammed.

Check out Project Development...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dasunlanka (OP)

Be cool

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 06:12:36 AM

Nope.  Would be spammed.
Check out Project Development...

What you mean by ''spammed'' . lot of projects have good whitepapers and project development roadmap before ICO but after, difficult to find a team member..

hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:12:55 AM

GO here to get same advantages or you can also post a project to be reviewed.

Scam Accusation:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

dasunlanka (OP)

Be cool

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 06:18:58 AM

GO here to get same advantages or you can also post a project to be reviewed.
Scam Accusation:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

Scam Accusation is a good place to find scam project but we can't find it at the beginning. in this method, we can find it

hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:29:32 AM

Scam Accusation is a good place to find scam project but we can't find it at the beginning. in this method, we can find it

If you don't hag up much there you should know some people are actively browsing through the altcoin announcement section and finding latest scams.

Still, If you think you want to invest in some project and would like it review by Scam Buster's on Bitcointalk, you could just post a thread about it there and I think you would surely get some legitimate reviews.

Also to let you know, Bitcointalk forum staff does not moderate scams and I don't think mods could check every new project and give a review about it. It is also prone to manipulation somethimes.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 06:46:39 AM

Just by this alone is a flaw on the system. If anyone could review it then new projects would automatically be on the "Trusted New Project" section you are talking about. A lot of people will do fake reviews and shit just to stay in that section. And of course this would open up another avenue for people who wants to earn money by doing fake reviews, aside from people selling merits and post this thing would be the worst as they will be making shit up for other people to believe in that project. I do hope you understand that this is not a solution for any problem the forum is facing.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4177

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 06:47:10 AM

No need for that because scam projects won't make use of such board (and those are the projects we're trying to eliminate) because they know they'll be caught and out of fear of reviewers finding some few flaws in their project (because every projects has one) other projects might be afraid to use the boards especially when it get abuse for some selfie reasons.

The easiest way to get a honest review from forum without knowing or paying is, get your project in order. Dot the I's and cross your t's and start a bounty campaigns you will get the attention of scam busters and if you don't see a scam accusation thread on the Scam Accusation board in days or weeks then know your project is OK at least. don't try paying for a review most time you won't get an accurate result.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dasunlanka (OP)

Be cool

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 06:59:10 AM

lot of people will do fake reviews and shit just to stay in that section. And of course this would open up another avenue for people who wants to earn money by doing fake reviews, aside from people selling merits and post this thing would be the worst as they will be making shit up for other people to believe in that project.

when the merit system starts some people thought the system will collapse with, selling merits. but it is not, the merit system works very well. the people holding smerit don't spend for useless posts and for money(only few people). someone can give only one or two fake reviews no more they will be caught.

Findingnemo

Activity: 2338
Merit: 763

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 07:00:15 AM

Scams were not moderated here so I don't think there will be such section created for new crypto projects.

Any projects can turn out into scams even after their tokens or coin was launched successfully so scammers will take advantage if there is such section exist.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3698

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 08:20:36 AM

To prevent abuse of power by mods and impose their views on the community, I do not think that the Forum puts any restrictions on creating/deleting topics unless they are against the rules of the forum.

Also, I do not see the point where all are allowed to share and evaluate.

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 08:26:27 AM

This is the process

What you will do if something become bad at later stage?
In any case ,forum is not willing to moderate/review any project.
If somebody have the sharp judgement can start this service on its own but after seeing ICO Bench I doubt I am going to trust any trusted projects.

I am alive
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16721

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 09:32:13 AM

Mods don't moderate scams, it could lead to moderator abuse.

I've read an idea from theymos to audit ICOs for not being scammers and to allow them to advertise on the forum, but as far as I know this wasn't implemented:
I'm getting a bunch of ICOs wanting to advertise on the forum, but I don't have time to do more than a very cursory review of each. Somebody trustworthy needs to set up a certification service that will work like this:

An ICO will pay you to apply for a certification. You will then spend many hours thoroughly reviewing everything about them in order to determine that they're at least basically sane. Some things that you should maybe check:

- If they're planning on creating software, require that they have the software already 5% done, preferably with a working proof-of-concept that you can play around with. Check that they haven't just filled a github repo with copy-pasted garbage code from elsewhere which doesn't actually do anything relevant.
 - If they're planning on operating a real-world business (solar, mining, etc.), check that they have a registered business somewhere. Do a background check on all involved individuals. Require that they have some of the necessary assets (property, etc.) already purchased, and verify this using public records, etc.
 - Check that there are no reasonable open scam accusations against anyone involved.
 - If smart contracts are used, verify that the English terms match the smart contract terms. If there's any way for the smart contract terms to be changed, make sure that this is specified in the English terms.
 - After reading all of their public info, ensure that there is no deception or any glaring holes.
 - Check their website for copy-pasted text, photoshopped images, and fake people.

If they fail your criteria, then you should not certify them. That's important. If you just give a certification to everyone who pays you, you're useless. You should keep the application fee even if they fail, though in some cases you could allow them to reapply for certification after failing with a reduced fee. Your goal should be to eventually be able to publish a statistic like, "99% of ICOs I certified did not turn out to be scams." You should not attempt to certify that ICOs will actually appreciate in value or anything -- that'd be far too difficult --, but just that the collected money will be used as advertised.

Once I notice that a good, trustworthy certification service like this exists, I will require that ICOs wanting to advertise on the forum receive such a certification. (If/when there are multiple good certification services, I will publish a list of ones I consider acceptable.) So you'll get a built-in market from this, and even if an ICO has no interest in advertising on the forum, acquiring a widely-trusted certification has significant value in itself.

yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 11:20:31 AM

On the forum, underneath the advertisement banners there is this text :

"Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction."

A "Trusted new project" section would imply that the forum endorses the projects inside them, since they are "trusted".
What if one of those projects went to scam after getting the "Trusted" stamp of approval ? That'd be a mess.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2181

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2019, 11:59:43 AM

Oops! It will be new abusing section. Who will review? All users ? But still people's doing that, you can say paid bumping. If team paid me or some others users for good reviews then may be I or they will post good reviews on their projects. On the other hand trusted new project section by forum means, forum related with them and probably users will blame if to admin if any projects turned into scam.

I don't think it's good idea.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3114

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 04:51:14 PM

If we get this section there will be coming new posts and spam on the threads like :

- Trusted good project
- Nice trusted project

and and and ...........  !

We will need a Reporting Army only for that Section !

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 11:51:10 PM

the problem with your labeling process of ''Trusted New project'', it will be easily abused
project dev can make many alts to leave reviews/comments on his own announcement or pay people to do so
this actually has been done by a few projects Tongue which ended badly and run with ICO fund
and making mods to take part in the process would make them somewhat responsible if the project goes bad

depending on your needs you can discuss it in any of the currently available subforum
such as Project Development, Announcements (Altcoins), Service Announcements, Scam Accusations, Reputation, etc
so imo, any new/trusted/scam projects related discussion has its own place already

YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1773

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 02:51:44 AM

What is needed, I don't think so, it makes people flock to install accounts of up to 5 to 10 accounts with the same people, to make money, participate in bounty projects, if it is implemented it will be a field of fraud, I think.
because the person who knows the bounty will make a lot of money.

Note:
Deception occurs when there is an opportunity, intention.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████