Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:39:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Meros: An instant and feeless cryptocurrency for the future.  (Read 4075 times)
MerosCrypto (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2019, 03:11:09 PM

Compared to Nano, our closest competitor, we offer several improvements.

- Fair distribution of voting power and currency.
- Increased security (vote stapling) and less attack vectors (no ledger bloat attacks or bootstrap poisoning).
- Enough data storage to successfully enable second layers, such as smart contract platforms.
- Lock Boxes; transactions with scripts which enable timelocks, escrows, atomic swaps, complex multisigs, and even an on-chain faucet.

If you have any questions about specifics, please, feel free to ask!
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
practical_edge

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 02:57:50 AM

Is the RandomX identical to Monero's? Or will there be any project specific tweaks?
MerosCrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 07:24:37 PM

Really impressed with what you achieved until now as your project is a massive undertaking.

Also Meros will be fully CPU mined correct!?

Thanks for your support! Meros will be launching with RandomX, a CPU algorithm. A GPU prototype exists, yet it's much slower even with much more expensive hardware and not currently viable. If it becomes viable, we'll look into supplementing RandomX with a second algorithm.

Is the RandomX identical to Monero's? Or will there be any project specific tweaks?

It's recommend to change opcode frequency, yet the notable change is we use 4GB instead is 2GB.
practical_edge

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 07:34:08 PM

It's recommend to change opcode frequency, yet the notable change is we use 4GB instead is 2GB.

Do you have any technical discussions on either of these that I could read over?
MerosCrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 12:51:47 AM

Our Discord has plenty of discussions, but the RandomX configuration was made by the developer.

RandomX used to recommend changing instruction frequencies ( https://github.com/tevador/RandomX/commit/e4b227010428571b0c4e3209d714bbcfeb943a61) yet no longer does, so that'll be reverted.

The 4GB data set was to force ASIC manufacturers to double their Monero ASICs RAM to also support Meros.

As the audits complete, we plan on making changes accordingly. We do plan on increasing AES usage as well though via program length/program count.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 12:55:59 PM

Meros Seems like a powerful and well thought off project, I read your blog about the details of the idea behind Meros, I am quite impressed and will be in from the start!!

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
skybot13x

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 06:13:51 PM

If it is a completely feels cryptocurrency, how will the network be secured and who does it for zero fees?

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
fulled

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 06:47:23 PM

it is build from scratch ? because i think its similar with nano in some way, but i read your article, and i think your idea is good, i see you keep giving update about your project, its a good sign your a legit developer, i will keep my eye on this project, im so interesting about this project
MerosCrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 03:24:03 AM

Meros Seems like a powerful and well thought off project, I read your blog about the details of the idea behind Meros, I am quite impressed and will be in from the start!!

Thanks for the support!

If it is a completely feels cryptocurrency, how will the network be secured and who does it for zero fees?

The network is secured via a computational fee which is compared against an adjustable spam filter. Miners are provided with incentive via the block reward.

it is build from scratch ? because i think its similar with nano in some way, but i read your article, and i think your idea is good, i see you keep giving update about your project, its a good sign your a legit developer, i will keep my eye on this project, im so interesting about this project

Meros is built entirely from scratch in Nim. We've taken heavy inspiration from Nano, but we've worked on problems with its security and economic model. Thanks for the support!
konstant111

Activity: 924
Merit: 250

my only address Eth: 0xa3beBBea49563A6D6D....

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:52:07 AM

hi guys, nice project where I can see the source of your team or you prefer to be anonymous, thank you

STOP ERC20 SCAMS
MerosCrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:37:59 PM

hi guys, nice project where I can see the source of your team or you prefer to be anonymous, thank you

The project started with just Luke "Kayaba" Parker, our Lead Developer. Kayaba is a backend developer with years of experience who's worked on multiple cryptocurrency projects in the past, including exchanges and payment processors.

Despite starting alone, Kayaba quickly picked up multiple talented advisers including Carl "Cryptosi" Anthony, a PIVX team member and extremely talented entrepreneur, and Giacomo "giaki3003" Milligan, a highly qualified developer who's done extensive work for various BTC forks. Meros has also had several volunteers who have worked on our blockchain, our DAG code, and who are currently working on the GUI design and development. If you'd like to observe/participate in these discussions, please join our Discord, as we have a channel dedicated towards it.

Meros also has a Community Manager/Social Media Manager, Simon "Suu" Roh.

Meros isn't a large corporate project. Meros didn't start with 20 people in suits and a few millionaires agreeing to work together. Meros started with a single developer who wanted cryptocurrency to be better and has organically grown since. If you want to participate or help, you'll be welcomed.
MerosCrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 02:45:27 AM

Our new Triweekly Update is live! https://medium.com/@MerosCrypto/meros-triweekly-update-19-19dcc21f4062
MerosCrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 04:36:06 AM

Our new monthly podcast is live! https://youtu.be/PqRjhEZEgPU

tranquynhtien

Activity: 102
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 04:37:52 AM

There are some projects that might make new comers feel a bit confused: MERO (original ones), MERO (the one took over by community), MERO currency, and MEROS. It is so soon to say anything about MEROS, but I still confused with those projects' names.
MerosCrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 01:47:15 PM

Unfortunately, we didn't see Mero when we rebranded to Meros due to its size. When we did learn of it, it was effectively dead, with discussions of a community takeover. We've since observed that its community takeover has been fragmented, with one user creating an ERC20 and other users remaining with the BTC codebase. That said, Meros and Mero have no affiliation and are two distinct projects. We don't feel a need to comment on the various coins created by Mero's team and community as it's not our project.
MerosCrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 04:52:00 AM

Our new Triweekly Update is live! https://medium.com/@MerosCrypto/meros-triweekly-update-20-54d6d77295b2
MerosCrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 08:29:57 PM

Our new monthly podcast is live! https://youtu.be/oGhJsdsq4i0
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 869

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 09:37:31 PM

In this case, what are the minimum requirements for CPU (intel) would be needed?
In discord I read that meros is initially focused for AMD CPU. Is that so?
MerosCrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 01:13:17 PM

In this case, what are the minimum requirements for CPU (intel) would be needed?
In discord I read that meros is initially focused for AMD CPU. Is that so?

The minimum CPU requirements do not change to the point of mention. The amount of RAM required increases, which is meant to disrupt certain GPUs, along with eventual FPGAs/ASICs.

RandomX does show an AMD bias, yet Meros does not focus either way.
MerosCrypto (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 04:33:20 AM

Our new Triweekly Update is live! https://medium.com/@MerosCrypto/meros-triweekly-update-21-5f7d41f77f08
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: