Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:03:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Veriblock is spamming the BTC network. Is this bad, or positive for LN adoption?  (Read 285 times)
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 02:52:47 AM

I still don't get why Core is blamed for being the core of all problems happening in Bitcoin by some people. Hate them or love them, the fact is nobody is putting a gun on anyone's head to run their full client software. If you don't like it, code it yourself and get enough people on board that it becomes relevant, or get enough people with enough Bitcoin that it becomes a force to be reckoned with for that matter. Skin in the game and so on. My point is, no one is running Core because there are no alternatives, anyone can code their own client.

As far scaling, the way I see it is that there's no free ride. Every time you "allow more people in" you are compromising in security one way or another. The question is where is the balance there. Until there's no consensus things will stay the same and Bitcoin will continue working as usual.
evanescence

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 02:35:39 PM

As soon as the fees became unsustainable they lowered their usage of the BTC network quite a bit. I guess they cannot singlehandedly bring the fees to the insane values of 2017.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:22:25 PM

I still don't get why Core is blamed for being the core of all problems happening in Bitcoin by some people. Hate them or love them, the fact is nobody is putting a gun on anyone's head to run their full client software. If you don't like it, code it yourself and get enough people on board that it becomes relevant, or get enough people with enough Bitcoin that it becomes a force to be reckoned with for that matter. Skin in the game and so on. My point is, no one is running Core because there are no alternatives, anyone can code their own client.

1. alternative clients got relegated/segregated/split/forked off the network BEFORE any new network features changed, purely for the fact that they would not follow core. so pretend all you like that core happily invite alternative brands, but the truth is they dont.
this was not due to individual users going into their console/debug tab and manually deciding to disconnect opposition. it was not even really random users having coded clients that automated it to disconnect from the individuals peer list.
it was done by the core devs who have control over the main network resources such as Fibre/DNS where only a few nodes affect thousands of nodes.

2. running own alternative would be treated not as part of the main relay playingfield, but set as what core devs' themselves call the 'downstream'/'filtered' subfield of the network, the area that older/'compatible' nodes sit at, as a pretend 'part of the network' but do not get or relay at the same level.
3. if you think that coin hoarder have much say, or mining pools, or users. you would be wrong. core again proved it in august 2017.
pools had the threat that their blocks would not get passed matt corrallos Fibre fence to then reach majority nodes
client users had the threat their nodes wouldnt be in the DNS seeds of the main core devs listings
community had the threat that they would not be on a network which most exchanges/services accept

core devs did infact have 3 guns loaded in 2017 to get what they wanted and change a 35% consensus to their false 95%+
and if you think they will never try it again then you have become completely unaware of the last 4 years of rekt campaigns and threats used to get core where it is today.
and if any alternative even dared use the same 3 trigger tactic core did. then suddenly the alternative would be considered a trojan/attacker.. which is hypocritical.

the whole point of bitcoin/blockchain (solution to byzantine generals theory) is/was to find common unity of diverse mindsets to work together on a single decentralised playingfield. yet core have mutated that and the bitcoin of 2009-2013(15) is not the same as bitcoin 2015-2019

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: