Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:05:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mental health awareness friends  (Read 454 times)
alexcopper

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 05:50:19 PM

Thank you for sharing this. I believe mental health is something that so many of us deal with or know someone that has mental health problems. The right community and activities really help. Also a job you are passionate and happy about
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:52:14 PM

RIP

Do you guys know if we have members that are mental health professionals? Surely we can cheer each other up and provide moral support in this thread but it would be really helpful if there are people who know how to properly address issues such as depression.

As mentioned by others early in this thread a lot of people that suffer from depression is because a lack of money.  I doubt anyone here is willing to just hand out money to people suffering from mental illness.  Moral support only goes so far when you can't afford the necessities to live.

I'm not thinking of donations. It's likely the money would be used for some other necessities first instead of hiring a therapist anyway.

What I'm hoping is that we have members who have mental health training who can stakeout in this thread to answer questions from members needing guidance.
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 01:36:35 PM

RIP

Do you guys know if we have members that are mental health professionals? Surely we can cheer each other up and provide moral support in this thread but it would be really helpful if there are people who know how to properly address issues such as depression.

As mentioned by others early in this thread a lot of people that suffer from depression is because a lack of money.  I doubt anyone here is willing to just hand out money to people suffering from mental illness.  Moral support only goes so far when you can't afford the necessities to live.

I'm not thinking of donations. It's likely the money would be used for some other necessities first instead of hiring a therapist anyway.

What I'm hoping is that we have members who have mental health training who can stakeout in this thread to answer questions from members needing guidance.

Such people though are very unlikely to be actively articipating in threads like this. Though if anyone opens up, i think most of us active in the forums wouldn't mind sharing even small pieces of support. It's usually the people who personally know a person having troubles with their mental health that needs to reach out and take initiatives.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
TheCoinGrabber

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 11:37:02 AM

Such people though are very unlikely to be actively articipating in threads like this. Though if anyone opens up, i think most of us active in the forums wouldn't mind sharing even small pieces of support. It's usually the people who personally know a person having troubles with their mental health that needs to reach out and take initiatives.

Are you talking about the depressed members or the therapists. But yes, I found members here quite helpful.

The thing with depressed people is they rarely talk about it in person. Especially guys, who tend to commit suicide more often due to depression. Online, it would be easier for them to talk since they're anonymous.

boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 12:52:43 PM

Are you talking about the depressed members or the therapists. But yes, I found members here quite helpful.

The thing with depressed people is they rarely talk about it in person. Especially guys, who tend to commit suicide more often due to depression. Online, it would be easier for them to talk since they're anonymous.
I bold the part that we're all concerned with.

Somebody who's going through a tough time with depression, he/she will never talk about it. We can see them smile, talk about happiness but deep inside the pain hurts them. Online, on social medias, I see some of my friends offering themselves that they are free to talk with if you're feeling uncertain and is likely going through with same feeling.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TheCoinGrabber

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 02:36:14 PM

Somebody who's going through a tough time with depression, he/she will never talk about it. We can see them smile, talk about happiness but deep inside the pain hurts them. Online, on social medias, I see some of my friends offering themselves that they are free to talk with if you're feeling uncertain and is likely going through with same feeling.

Exactly, that's the impression I got from the few mental health docus I've seen. The family seem clueless that something is already going wrong and they'll be surprised when the suicide happens. "He never told me anything" is usually the first thing they say.

I don't think we have mental health workers here in the forum. This thread already have 3 pages, they would have already shown up by now.

Anyway, if you guys need someone to talk, this thread is still open.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 03:15:59 PM

I recently read a report that giving money to depressed people reduces the suicide rate.  What a shocker, who would of thought? Shocked Shocked

Shareholders only care about the bottom line, they don't care about their employees.  Look at those suicide net factories over in China, maybe they could of paid their workers more and worked them less hours instead.
boyptc

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 05:44:30 PM

Exactly, that's the impression I got from the few mental health docus I've seen. The family seem clueless that something is already going wrong and they'll be surprised when the suicide happens. "He never told me anything" is usually the first thing they say.

I don't think we have mental health workers here in the forum. This thread already have 3 pages, they would have already shown up by now.

Anyway, if you guys need someone to talk, this thread is still open.
Yeah seems that no one is a mental health worker here but our concern would somehow help as well by giving them care on how we are worried about what they're going through.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 04:43:41 PM

I have a friend who also suffers from depression and it's fortunate that her family realized it and started treating her. She takes those medicines and then becomes blank and emotionless as if she can't hear anybody. It's been over 6-7 years and she's not cured yet. She has visited many doctors but still is not cured completely. Don't know what to do to help her out.

boyptc

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 06:42:48 PM

I have a friend who also suffers from depression and it's fortunate that her family realized it and started treating her. She takes those medicines and then becomes blank and emotionless as if she can't hear anybody. It's been over 6-7 years and she's not cured yet. She has visited many doctors but still is not cured completely. Don't know what to do to help her out.
Sorry about your friend but keeps on cheering her up, there's more about life.

As long as she won't think about something bad, she needs support from her friends too. An expert on this should really come out here and tell the possible solution for this kind of case.

I hope that she'll be good as soon as possible.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TheCoinGrabber

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 08:43:54 PM

So is it really depression or does she have some other mental health issues? 6-7 years on meds is too much.

I was asking coz I have an uncle who turns out to be slightly schizophrenic. Everyone thought he's just being weird or something or somewhat depressed and my mom wouldn't believe me when I told her I saw talking to the wall when I was in grade-school. They ended up putting him on meds a few years ago when his behavior deteriorated. He's calmer now but seems he'd have to be on it for life though to treat the symptoms.

Back to your friend, has the family tried CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)? I heard people use it in conjunction with meds, with the end goal being able to rely solely on it and get off meds.
ccryptopark

Activity: 300
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 12:55:42 AM

I think having this space is important and necessary to know we are all here for each other. We all get into those funks and hard times but ultimately knowing anyone at anytime can save another person's life is so important. Even internet friends.
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 06:35:55 AM

We can't live alone, no man is an Island, we really need some friends.
Everyone has our own problem but if we will just keep it to ourselves, that will trigger a suicide.
I'm lucky I am close with my family, everytime I feel upset or feel bad with whatever reason, I can easily approach them to tell my problem and seek advise.

STUDENTCOIN