Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:39:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everything You Need to Know about IEO  (Read 325 times)
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 10:04:18 AM

IEO to me is more dangerous than ICO,token been sold out in seconds,the question is,who are those that were able to buy into it,then when hit exchange,they want to sell it at a ridiculous price, beware.
I support your opinion and also recommend all my friends to avoid IEO because I think that this is a conspiracy of exchanges against users

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
OptimusPrime_3

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 10:10:29 AM

IEO is the riskiest investment that you should involve yourself in. I can't imagine you risking investing or buying into an asset that was sold-out in just 10 seconds. That's a high risk investment because there was no sells because the whales already bought before it was released for sales.

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
andrearz

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 11:16:35 AM

interesting discussion in this thread, I read carefully and understood that the IEO turned out to have a high risk and also, on the other hand, had a big advantage but I think the IEO is good only for the short term because it is possible for those who have coins from the IEO to sell what they have to the market which results in a fall in the price of the coin.
Brainnin

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 06:19:21 PM

IEO is good but has a lot of disadvantages, first I we like to talk about is IEO will only work out on a good exchange like Binance and Bittrex, selling out token on popular and trusted exchange is easy, but on small exchange, nobody wuld like to invest capital in it. The second point, IEO token will only be sold out to 30% of people willing to buy due to the limited time. So for me I still prefer ICO.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[  IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
Frank Walters

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:27:02 PM

The exchange can say tokens are sold out even when its not. Transparency can be an issue with this IEO since they are not letting us know where the funds are going. Its probably effective if its really in a big exchange but on the DEX, this IEO might not work otherwise it has to have a really good concept.

Hmmm this is one good point. And yeah, token sales that are done via IEO only last like a matter of minutes. No chance for average investor at all. Wasn't even able to grab celer and btt. Well I hope that if ever Beatzcoin will be out on Binance launchpad, I can have a chance to grab some.

Tho, would it be better if we suggest to future IEO participants to just do the traditional ICO for transparency and fairness sake?
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:46:48 PM

Yes, IEO is far from perfect and still looks like another way to make money for exchanges. But external circumstances will make change.
I like the way Gate organized it:
- not a one day tokensale
- each participant was able to get tokens (although not 100% of the desired amount, but at least something)
Lanatsa

Activity: 2842
Merit: 654

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 06:49:08 PM

For a starter, I hate been redirected out of forum to go read some article, if you're the original owner of article then post then on forum and you can add a source link at the end for reference purpose or indicate you're the original owner of article to avoid been accused of plagiarism.

In addition: There's a disadvantage I have noticed in the past project that carryout their crowdfunding through IEO which is very disturbing. The whales are manipulating the sales, they buy all the token in matter of sec/mins leaving the average investor with no token to buy which is bad because this guy's can easily manipulate the price of this coins/tokens when they hit the market. Exchange need to find solution to this issue which could be solved by putting buy limits on each account.
Having the same feeling too on where posting up some links which would redirected into other sites do really sucks.

IEO is the changed-faced of ICO yet it do add up some security but there would always be a disadvantage in exchange which is manipulation for those financially capable to
buy out huge volumes of tokens for the sake of profiting benefit.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
louisBSAS

Activity: 623
Merit: 11

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:00:42 PM

IEO is really a buzzword recently. I wrote something about IEO for newbies: Everything You Need to Know about IEOhttps://medium.com/@rockminer/everything-you-need-to-know-about-ieo-b806e5cf4263

Any suggestions, please leave a comment.

Why not write the same on the forum and do not issue in a beautiful topic? You could then earn Merit.
My vision of the situation with the IEO is as follows. I do not think this is worthy of my attention for the reason that the large stock exchanges are deceiving their investors and do not give everyone access to investing in order to create a stir. In the meantime, they earn big money on the growth of their tokens.

r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:12:21 PM

For a starter, I hate been redirected out of forum to go read some article, if you're the original owner of article then post then on forum and you can add a source link at the end for reference purpose or indicate you're the original owner of article to avoid been accused of plagiarism.
I guess that he is the real writer of that article based on the name of the writer at medium. I also guess that he should have write a little bit of context of what he wrote on that link in this forum and on his OP. I think that he's just wanted some clap for his work.

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:56:43 AM

It is really a nice right up you put there but there is one you missed out, not everyone will get the chance to participate in IEO, so this becomes not too useful for us for now, most of the IEO projects we have tried to participate in gets sold out immediately it enters exchange leaving us on the queue that may never get to our turn.

Your tip might be useful when probably all exchanges are already on IEO and have so much list of projects one can get it anytime without missing out on the one of one’s choice, but anyway, it’s a nice write up and I commend your effort for taking time to do so without personal interest.
jusertvaz

Activity: 428
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:59:24 AM

I was most surprised by people who managed to buy tokens on any major IEO. Many of them, when got a profit of say 50% remain unhappy, although for many , including my income is great. Probably they are somewhere earn 200% profit per week.

sinta23

Activity: 668
Merit: 100

DogData

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:59:33 AM

IEO to me is more dangerous than ICO,token been sold out in seconds,the question is,who are those that were able to buy into it,then when hit exchange,they want to sell it at a ridiculous price, beware.
I support your opinion and also recommend all my friends to avoid IEO because I think that this is a conspiracy of exchanges against users
I also like that and my friends also suggest avoiding the IEO because what you are talking about is a lot of truth so that later there won't be many people who use the IEO

10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 09:07:38 AM

I was most surprised by people who managed to buy tokens on any major IEO. Many of them, when got a profit of say 50% remain unhappy, although for many , including my income is great. Probably they are somewhere earn 200% profit per week.
there are very few such people and if they managed to buy tokens on IEO, then they bought a maximum of 5-10 percent of the amount from which they hoped to enter

jusertvaz

Activity: 428
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:56:55 PM

there are very few such people and if they managed to buy tokens on IEO, then they bought a maximum of 5-10 percent of the amount from which they hoped to enter
In any case, IEO safer than simply ICO . Here you are sure that the tokens will be traded on the exchange . From there they are traded. ICO and bought tokens and wait while the project is added to a popular exchange. This generally may not happen.

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 02:49:32 AM

IEO is really a buzzword recently. I wrote something about IEO for newbies: Everything You Need to Know about IEOhttps://medium.com/@rockminer/everything-you-need-to-know-about-ieo-b806e5cf4263

Awesome articles, you have explained the advantages and disadvantages for all party, Token Issuer, Investors and Exchange.
As investors, i think the most useful advantage is we can avoid scam projects with buying in trusted platform like exchange.
There were too many scammers and scam projects in past ICO's.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 03:11:39 AM

That's right what you say, why should you be directed to leave this forum, can everything be written in this forum. I think it's good to just follow the suggestions, just move the writing to this forum. because I see the contents of the writing are very good
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 08:54:37 AM

That's right what you say, why should you be directed to leave this forum, can everything be written in this forum. I think it's good to just follow the suggestions, just move the writing to this forum. because I see the contents of the writing are very good
As like previously I had mentioned, he needs to get some visitors in his site. That's it. Nothing else. If he posted the whole article, would you use your time to visit his site? Simply no. That's the reason.
ROCKMINEROFFICIAL (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 09:38:08 AM

In addition: There's a disadvantage I have noticed in the past project that carryout their crowdfunding through IEO which is very disturbing. The whales are manipulating the sales, they buy all the token in matter of sec/mins leaving the average investor with no token to buy which is bad because this guy's can easily manipulate the price of this coins/tokens when they hit the market. Exchange need to find solution to this issue which could be solved by putting buy limits on each account.
Price manipulation is extremely serious in Gate.io exchange token distibution. Rules are designed for whales. LOL
ROCKMINEROFFICIAL (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 09:44:57 AM

As like previously I had mentioned, he needs to get some visitors in his site. That's it. Nothing else. If he posted the whole article, would you use your time to visit his site? Simply no. That's the reason.

Pasting a link is just a work-saving way. You can choose to jump to my medium or not, as you like. I don't really go for website traffic. If you like my article, it will be so much appreciated you go to the website and clap for me.
ps: I have already pasted the full text in Beginner section.
ROCKMINEROFFICIAL (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 09:49:32 AM

Why not write the same on the forum and do not issue in a beautiful topic? You could then earn Merit.
My vision of the situation with the IEO is as follows. I do not think this is worthy of my attention for the reason that the large stock exchanges are deceiving their investors and do not give everyone access to investing in order to create a stir. In the meantime, they earn big money on the growth of their tokens.
Thanks for your advice. Pasting a link is just effort-saving way, for me. I will paste full text in later post for better reading experience.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: