Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:22:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now you can test your trading strategies on simulated exchange and claim rewards  (Read 286 times)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:18:53 AM

~snip~

Great question, each user starts with 100k play dollars, users also have ability to create additional portfolios for experiments that do not participate in rewards program. In case user gets rekt we can reset account so they could start from 100k again. We do not plan to charge for this as user would simply create new account if there would be a price to get yourself back on track. However other users will see that your profile has been reset and we plan to make trades archive available in such case for extra transparency.
So to make it clear your only mode of earning is through the sponsors as well? Because I can't imagine how a site like you will be running without earning from your players? What would be the negative thing if you have reset your account a lot? Will there be any impact in your future trades?

Edit: as for rewards price, we just started out with rewards like a week ago, and already had several claims, we always try to make sure that items are fairly priced and achievable. I'm sure you can imagine the case, where bull run would cause the entire rewards store to be emptied out, so we have to account for that too and make sure that it's mildly difficult to achieve it but still doable.

Hope that answers both of your questions.
It would be better if your website has some kind of "proof" page to show that your players have been claiming and receiving the right rewards. I think it's the only fastest way for new users to believe that your rewards program is real.
Nifflerco (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 02:38:47 AM

So to make it clear your only mode of earning is through the sponsors as well? Because I can't imagine how a site like you will be running without earning from your players? What would be the negative thing if you have reset your account a lot? Will there be any impact in your future trades?

It would be better if your website has some kind of "proof" page to show that your players have been claiming and receiving the right rewards. I think it's the only fastest way for new users to believe that your rewards program is real.

We are not concerned about monetisation at this point, there are million ways to monetise. For e.g. charging projects for listing their assets on exchange (it's good advertising for any asset to be listed as users learn about the projects they invest in even though it's all with play dollars). We can be lead generator for real exchanges and many many more ways. Our goal at the moment is growth.

We will display the claim history as soon as we get more claims, it's too little information to display at the moment as this feature is live only for a week or so and we only have several claims so far. We haven't even announced this feature officially as we gave some time to iron out any bugs and make sure that everything works as it should.

Thanks for bringing up these points though. We will definitely make everything as transparent as possible. We have added two more rewards today by the way.

Earn money by paper trading with play dollars - Crypto Parrot (https://cryptoparrot.com)
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1652
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:15:55 AM

Since the bull run starts we going to have a lot of new traders coming in to the crypto madness. I just want to put it out there that there is fairly decent simulated cryptocurrency exchange that has 90% of functionality that real exchanges have.

One of use cases for such tool is to test more aggressive strategies that you normally wouldn't do with real money or simply have fun. If you have your long term positions setup and have itchy fingers to do some trading, this is maybe for you. The best part is that you can exchange your play dollar profits into real rewards provided by the sponsors on the platform.

Homepage: https://niffler.co
Rewards page: https://niffler.co/app/rewards

Happy bull run everyone.

I think it is a very useful service especially for newly started investors. Of course, we have experienced investors to use this type of services for continuous self-improvement and the number of trade in daily life through these services should increase. There are a few small details that I wonder about the service.
1) Does the volume move in proportion to any stock market or is it changing depending on the operations of the users of the service?
2) Are price data taken from other sources or do system users determine prices?
3) If we assume that it is a real service, does it allow users to gain experience in arbitrage opportunities?
Nifflerco (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 12:37:25 PM

I think it is a very useful service especially for newly started investors. Of course, we have experienced investors to use this type of services for continuous self-improvement and the number of trade in daily life through these services should increase. There are a few small details that I wonder about the service.
1) Does the volume move in proportion to any stock market or is it changing depending on the operations of the users of the service?
2) Are price data taken from other sources or do system users determine prices?
3) If we assume that it is a real service, does it allow users to gain experience in arbitrage opportunities?

1) We have liquidity limits based on true volume, users do not have any effect on market prices / volume as everything is mapped to real exchange data.
2) Price again is taken from real exchange and is actually live. When price changes on real exchange we perform and execute our user trades.
3) 100% because our data is matching with real exchange data, so any market manipulation, FUD, FOMO, pumps and dumps will be reflected on our simulator.

Thanks for kind words and your questions.

Earn money by paper trading with play dollars - Crypto Parrot (https://cryptoparrot.com)
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 12:47:08 PM

Found an application like that as well. It's called e toro where you can make practice trades without shelling out any amount. There's alsoa feature where you can study and copy trades of more experienced traders. You can do that both in practice mode and actual trading.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
Nifflerco (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 12:59:18 PM

Found an application like that as well. It's called e toro where you can make practice trades without shelling out any amount. There's also feature where you can study and copy trades of more experienced traders. You can do that both in practice mode and actual trading.

Of course there are other tools and we embrace them as we feel that there is a lack or this kind of tools.

I'm not going to get into details, but eToro simulator feature is still quite different from what we have. For them it's just another feature, for us it's core, so I believe we have better flexibility here. We can teach people about how not safe it is to keep their money on any exchange when real exchange will never tell you that as it works against their own interest and there are many more examples like that.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 09:33:13 PM

The stimulated exchange would be quite beneficial for both the newbie and old traders. I have lots of them bookmarked for people who would need them.
I used to think only the newbies would need the exchanges for risk free practice trading. Your post made things a bit clearer now.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:02:04 PM

I have a question with the social thing,

During sign up process Niffler asked to follow 3 users, so what are the benefits by following others?
Is it like we will be able to COPY TRADE from the best traders in your platform or it is just a follow/unfollow social thing to weight up the profile in your platform?

Btw, a nice platform with good rewards.
Nifflerco (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 10:24:56 PM

I have a question with the social thing,

During sign up process Niffler asked to follow 3 users, so what are the benefits by following others?
Is it like we will be able to COPY TRADE from the best traders in your platform or it is just a follow/unfollow social thing to weight up the profile in your platform?

Btw, a nice platform with good rewards.

As much as we are cryptocurrency exchange simulator we are also community and following helps to engage the community side more. More experienced traders teach newbies and newbies know they can ask questions.

Secondary purpose is to teach user that following is a thing on the platform. Technical benefit of following is that if global feed is too overwhelming user can switch to "my feed" and that will only show trades that comes from the traders that user follows.

Hope that answers your question and thanks for kind word!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: