Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:34:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any advice is appreciated. Launching a public community case study - New Altcoin  (Read 105 times)
helmuc (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 06:55:02 AM

Any advice is appreciated. And thank you in advance for your time sharing your thoughts and experience.

We have a niche facebook community with 4.5k+ real followers, many of whom are into gpu mining, and I am planning to launch a public community case study - Is it really that easy and profitable to launch a coin.

Few points I have discussed with few guys who agreed to be in the test: We don't want it to be scam and don't want legal problems, of course Smiley So, it will be a coin (not token) and there will not be ICO.

As for coin type, I am thinking of a minable, asic-resistant, privacy coin with masternodes. I like the basic idea of $LOKI, though their future plans seem too large for a small group of people.

Any thoughts, comments and even critique is appreciated. How would you do it? Thank you.

H
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 10:36:11 PM

Yep it is easier to start your own coin nowadays as compared to before. This s because many DApp platforms are around and you may not need to start building your blockchain from the scratch which may be very difficult.

Secondly, starting a project doesn't need just a Facebook group or whatever social media with 4K+ members (tho it is good to have that at the start), but you need a team. A team with members having various diverse roles to play to help make the platform a success.

Also, for promotional issues, this forum is the best place for you. You can create a bounty thread and the get people to promote it for you. You cab also organize airdrops as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: