Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook is raising money for Facebook Coin  (Read 1392 times)
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 12:42:30 AM

Yesterday I created a topic here about Facebook Coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5129560.20

After that Nathaniel Popper, a NYTimes reporter that covers crypto, said Facebook is raising money for its crypto project. Seems like I may not be wrong in my article.
Here and here:
https://twitter.com/nathanielpopper/status/1115331482384388098
https://coingeek.com/facebook-seeks-1-billion-investment-from-vcs-for-its-crypto/

I can't see other reason for Facebook to be raising money if its not to back its own decentralized crypto. FB wouldn't need to raise to issue a stablecoin.
Everybody in the original topic said FBCoin couldn't replace bitcoin. While I agree that the ultimate store of value will remain BTC, I think FBCoin could easily surpass BTC in daily usage and, therefore, market cap.

I ran some numbers and I think its possible that FBCoin launches with around 300B USD market cap and reaches 1T in a few months. I'm comparing to HKD M0/M1 and HKMA's stability fund.
But I think FB should raise at least 10B to cover the initial stage of running a "sovereign" fund to stabilize the currency against extreme volatility, like I wrote in my article: https://medium.com/blockchain-positive/how-facebook-coin-can-help-billions-of-people-by-not-being-a-stablecoin-d780b6579e93

Brace yourselves, new times are coming.

With members in all around the world and members more than 1billion people, i think facebook can reach $300billion because if its very potential to be adapted. Facebook is profitable company and i am believe many big investor interesting to invest

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivan376

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

stabilascan.org

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 01:39:26 PM

Yesterday I created a topic here about Facebook Coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5129560.20

After that Nathaniel Popper, a NYTimes reporter that covers crypto, said Facebook is raising money for its crypto project. Seems like I may not be wrong in my article.
Here and here:
https://twitter.com/nathanielpopper/status/1115331482384388098
https://coingeek.com/facebook-seeks-1-billion-investment-from-vcs-for-its-crypto/

I can't see other reason for Facebook to be raising money if its not to back its own decentralized crypto. FB wouldn't need to raise to issue a stablecoin.
Everybody in the original topic said FBCoin couldn't replace bitcoin. While I agree that the ultimate store of value will remain BTC, I think FBCoin could easily surpass BTC in daily usage and, therefore, market cap.

I ran some numbers and I think its possible that FBCoin launches with around 300B USD market cap and reaches 1T in a few months. I'm comparing to HKD M0/M1 and HKMA's stability fund.
But I think FB should raise at least 10B to cover the initial stage of running a "sovereign" fund to stabilize the currency against extreme volatility, like I wrote in my article: https://medium.com/blockchain-positive/how-facebook-coin-can-help-billions-of-people-by-not-being-a-stablecoin-d780b6579e93

Brace yourselves, new times are coming.

With members in all around the world and members more than 1billion people, i think facebook can reach $300billion because if its very potential to be adapted. Facebook is profitable company and i am believe many big investor interesting to invest

You mean to say that shares of stocks of fb will be put into fbcoin? If thats the real case, it will be much profitable.

Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 02:18:13 PM

as you know, Facebook is indeed late in the crypto industry, and has a poor record of the ban on crypto on its own facebook,
but it is never too late to start facebook coin or global coin will definitely be accepted for Facebook users and cryptocurrency users .
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 02:25:36 PM

as you know, Facebook is indeed late in the crypto industry, and has a poor record of the ban on crypto on its own facebook,
but it is never too late to start facebook coin or global coin will definitely be accepted for Facebook users and cryptocurrency users .

There's nothing wrong with being late. In other tests, technologies/blockchains and cryptocurrencies making ordinary users. Also, do not forget about the regulators of the crypto market (SEC, etc.). More interesting is Libra's own blockchain and the appearance of possible forks due to open source code.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
nioschka

Activity: 392
Merit: 119

View Profile
June 16, 2019, 11:12:07 PM

Well, I guess each day we're moving closer to the awful dystopian future and the money that will be controlled by the most powerful companies. O.k., I do agree that companies are already much more powerful that governments (which I do dislike more, although you can't escape the impression that they are uniformly connected in a big juicy slavery swindle...), but this is becoming ridiculous. Facebook will offer possibility for its customers to earn their private money by performing some simple tasks - a kind of a bounty hunt - but it won't be restricted and discouraged like it is here. And people will accept that and they'll start to use their money because it's easy to earn it.

And what have been done to prevent that?

I beg people that manage this website, this cradle of crypto, to come to their senses and to accept their share of responsibility. Enable it to become more massive, to attract more people to the REAL crypto world (not the world of the private company-money), give them more chance to EARN it, and they will invent ways to spend it. Control the bounty campaigns, employ more people, do what you have to do to make it more massive. I've been writing about that issue a lot, I was ridiculed as a leftist, too intellectual, "lousy" bounty hunter, etc. (and I really don't mind) but now there's a real danger. We will not have people's money or chance to have one, all your effort will be in vein, and all of us will be buying pizzas for btc again, like Laslo did years ago (while trying to make a "facebuck"...)

Do you really want Facebook, Google or any other privateer to control everyday means of payment?

If they hijack crypto just because they are massive and bitcointalk missed its chance because you "didn't want to read rubbish" or "bad English", that would be... There's no polite way to say that. Come to your senses, please.
BTCExperto

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 10:31:33 PM

Well, Facebook is not a decentralized, platform... there is nothing to worry about.  What makes true Cryptocurrency/blockchain way better is the decentralization, ability to "be your own bank" ,  peer-to-peer transactions, incentives,  censorship resistance, permissionless, trustless etc

I was trying to see for other projects Decentralized with the caracteristics that u said. Tried to look for coinpaprika under Org structure Decentralized but I cant look for other coins with the same tag cuz its not serchable, any clue on how to find those? other site... cuz the "descentralized application" tag its not the same.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 05:35:17 AM

Everyone was dogging crypto 2 years ago now everyone sees how companies are threatned by it. Facebook also cancelled crypto ads after 2017 and now they have their own currency. Makes me sick

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
ByteHub

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 11:48:09 AM

Facebook just unveiled a new global cryptocurrency #Libra.
Will you invest in it?🤔🤔
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: