Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:52:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China refuses mining?  (Read 13098 times)
salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:38:25 PM

It wont have any affect on mining... the big mining farms already moved to other countries. If hashrate drops, the difficulty change. So i don't see any bad affect at all. There are many mining friendly countries on the globe, so dont worry about china.

Regarding your last question: Private mining in my country isn't worth it. We are paying in average 0,32 € per kWh.
Yes, but for some reason friendly countries have not yet deployed a Bitcoin mining farm in their country.The transition from one country to another will be very long and costly.With such a cost for electricity in your country, mining is out of the question)!
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 02:55:31 PM

I've been hearing about this since a month ago. Well, their loss. If anything, decentalization of mining would mean the price would no longer be affected by the FUDsters in the CCP. Bitcoin could also become more environmentally-friendly if countries with clean energy like Norway takes the helm.
The concept that bitcoin is adversely affecting the environment is an over-exaggerated one which makes people think its bad and without knowing the actual metrics they start commenting on the same. The amount of pollution coming from printing dollar bills is way higher than what is done by bitcoin mining. That and the fact that miners in other countries are waiting for bigger miners to stop so that they can start mining well with profit is what will keep the network safe and secured even if China wants to turn rogue.

These news are just pieces of FUD made to stimulate the weak hands to sell their coins. Not something worth discussion.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 09:17:58 PM

All this news to cheer us up.  Nothing like that will happen.  China started it and it has most of the cryptocurrency.  He will definitely not refuse her.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
J-N

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 10:39:43 PM

It seems to me that China will in no way give up mining. Since they stood at the origins of cryptocurrency and it all essentially began with. I do not think that they will give up their own money.
It says that they planning to end it on 2021 so I believe by now they are already planning and preparing for something better to replace what they have right now in mining. They’re probably planning for a more advance devices in replacement to what they are using right now.
Maybe, it seems that they still hyping this issue and with what the statement above you, there's possibilities that they will not give it up since they are beneficiaries of this industry, China knows how things works and how they can take the advantages among nations who also wanted to play from this industry.
China won't be letting this to happen cause they know already that there is a huge money in here. There previous statement regarding banning crypto have ended already and they are now with crypto again.
Yes,  they could benefit a lots and everyone who are in crypto does. And so there is no reason why they'll keep banning crypto at all.
I think the Chinese government can really ban Bitcoin mining. In September 2017 they already threatened miners by blocking network connections on their border firewall. Therefore, I assume that this government will strengthen the pressure on the crypto-currency industry in the future.

The volume of the mining hardware sales is really huge (more than 2 billion dollars) so the Chinese government probably wants this market to stop growing. As an option, such a way they try to force Chinese miners to sell their hardware to other miners living in foreign countries.

In any case, in April 2020 the Bitcoin mining reward will be halved so miners will not be able to earn a lot of BTC coins.
tasedijers

Activity: 170

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:26:14 AM

I am wondering if more and more mining centers will switch to the use of alternative energy, will it allow to reduce the cost of bitcoin? After all, while mining is very expensive
darnekleo

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:29:53 AM

I am wondering if more and more mining centers will switch to the use of alternative energy, will it allow to reduce the cost of bitcoin? After all, while mining is very expensive
Maybe it will. Now many projects decide to combine green energy and mining. Recently saw such a project in Kazakhstan, and this is all brought to the state level
roluedev

Activity: 128
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:38:50 AM

Maybe it will. Now many projects decide to combine green energy and mining. Recently saw such a project in Kazakhstan, and this is all brought to the state level
funny,I see  more and more nice projects from there. I also found a nice one. taklimakan is a social network for crypto enthusiasts. It looks like Kazakhstan is going to become the next capital of technology.
tasedijers

Activity: 170

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:45:45 AM

funny,I see  more and more nice projects from there. I also found a nice one. taklimakan is a social network for crypto enthusiasts. It looks like Kazakhstan is going to become the next capital of technology.
Well, there is China with one of the largest economies wants to ban mining, it’s natural that centers will open more in Central Asia, where at least the level of development may be less, but the cost of production is cheaper
gleilsonsilva

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:53:33 AM

Well, there is China with one of the largest economies wants to ban mining, it’s natural that centers will open more in Central Asia, where at least the level of development may be less, but the cost of production is cheaper
drumamat (OP)

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 08:33:13 AM

It seems to me that China will in no way give up mining. Since they stood at the origins of cryptocurrency and it all essentially began with. I do not think that they will give up their own money.
It says that they planning to end it on 2021 so I believe by now they are already planning and preparing for something better to replace what they have right now in mining. They’re probably planning for a more advance devices in replacement to what they are using right now.
Maybe, it seems that they still hyping this issue and with what the statement above you, there's possibilities that they will not give it up since they are beneficiaries of this industry, China knows how things works and how they can take the advantages among nations who also wanted to play from this industry.
China won't be letting this to happen cause they know already that there is a huge money in here. There previous statement regarding banning crypto have ended already and they are now with crypto again.
Yes,  they could benefit a lots and everyone who are in crypto does. And so there is no reason why they'll keep banning crypto at all.
In any case, in April 2020 the Bitcoin mining reward will be halved so miners will not be able to earn a lot of BTC coins.
Yes, indeed, many people forget that in 2020 the cost of production will be reduced by 2 times and it is logical that such a number of mining equipment will simply become unnecessary.Perhaps the Chinese authorities have foreseen this circumstance.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 05:56:00 PM

China intends to abandon mining cryptocurrency by 2021.How do You think this news will affect the entire industry and what alternative countries can replace this niche?What is the cost of 1 kilowatt of electricity in your country?
https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-china-cryptocurrency/china-wants-to-ban-bitcoin-mining-traders-say-move-not-a-surprise-idUKKCN1RL0C4

seriously? China still has an influence on the crypto industry especially for bitcoin?
I think the main problem we face is not that. because in my view China has no longer had a major influence to destroy bitcoin as it did in mid 2017.
Well I think this is not true news because it is fake, china is showing great interest in crypto currency, we can see china is developing more and more in crypto currency, we should try to leave this all and spread only wise and good news in market, invest when you see progressive increment is being done with crypto currency.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
drumamat (OP)

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 05:24:14 AM

China intends to abandon mining cryptocurrency by 2021.How do You think this news will affect the entire industry and what alternative countries can replace this niche?What is the cost of 1 kilowatt of electricity in your country?
https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-china-cryptocurrency/china-wants-to-ban-bitcoin-mining-traders-say-move-not-a-surprise-idUKKCN1RL0C4

seriously? China still has an influence on the crypto industry especially for bitcoin?
I think the main problem we face is not that. because in my view China has no longer had a major influence to destroy bitcoin as it did in mid 2017.
Well I think this is not true news because it is fake, china is showing great interest in crypto currency, we can see china is developing more and more in crypto currency, we should try to leave this all and spread only wise and good news in market, invest when you see progressive increment is being done with crypto currency.
One is not always news only wise and good.News is news regardless of whether it is good or bad.Everyone agrees that China is interested in cryptocurrency, but mining is an integral part of cryptocurrency in which China occupies the 1st place.And the rejection of mining really takes place.Therefore, to deny the fact that China can really abandon mining is not worth it.
K21000

Activity: 71
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 06:52:12 AM

This might be a unpopular opinion but i would prefer it if mining farms died out all together and mining went back to what it was pre 2016. In those days mining was a lot more decentralised with a lot more individuals buying miners and contributing to network hashrate. If network difficulty is to grow to where it is now it should be through a decentralised effort not because of some mining farm infestation.
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:28:43 AM

Who cares? We know that a lot of Chinese migrated their operations on other countries where mining is legal. And if that is true then it could be that before 2021, China has already made up their minds that they  need to be in this industry because btc possibly before that is   successfully adapted in many countries.
What happened after they banned exchanges Binance moved to Malta still it is one of the biggest exchange in the world . Its making lots of progress even still more . If mining reduces in china coins value increase in other place . Because if there is a less mining there will be less supply .
ZloiRediska

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 11:50:26 AM

What happened after they banned exchanges Binance moved to Malta still it is one of the biggest exchange in the world . Its making lots of progress even still more . If mining reduces in china coins value increase in other place . Because if there is a less mining there will be less supply .
I very much doubt that the Chinese will refuse bitcoin mining. Now China is practically a monopolist in the market. And bitcoin Is the future. I think the Chinese government understands that perfectly well.
aliceHortrex

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2019, 06:09:34 PM

I very much doubt that the Chinese will refuse bitcoin mining. Now China is practically a monopolist in the market. And bitcoin Is the future. I think the Chinese government understands that perfectly well.
I also think that it is almost impossible.  Since it was China that gave us the opportunity to use the cryptocurrency as it is now.  China has a very cheap labor force. He will definitely come up with something to pay less for electricity.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:26:13 PM

Roll Eyes Well if China refuses mining and keep banning bitcoin or cryptocurrency, surely there is effect into crypto world, but I believe there is still country who will welcome and accept it and can help spread positive feedback for those who really want to know more about bitcoin, for those who invest on it, and for those who use it as part of their country's economic growth.

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 12:58:36 AM

Yes,  they could benefit a lots and everyone who are in crypto does. And so there is no reason why they'll keep banning crypto at all.
I read some article about China's plan to ban crypto mining and some of the reasons they would do is because of the electricity consumption of mining farms is too huge and they also said that Bitcoin or other forms of crypto can be used in crimes such as a medium for the illegal drug trade but I think banning it entirely will be impossible and if they wanted to ban crypto they banned it a long time ago. There could be a possibility that they are only planning a much effective regulation about Crypto Currency and planning to make higher taxes on it. But if China really ban crypto mining, I think those miners will migrate to a different country to continue its operations. Cool
martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 03:29:15 PM

There are so many rumors about China lately, and if I am not mistaken it once promised to stop mining before however nothing happened.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 03:50:01 PM

There are so many rumors about China lately, and if I am not mistaken it once promised to stop mining before however nothing happened.

Indeed, many times they have announced to refuse mining but still mining keep on going the country, Many of these information are calculated attempt to distract Bitcoiners from following Bitcoin. If for example China refuse Mining, there are other countries that will embrace it, simple.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: