Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Virtual SIM card.  (Read 168 times)
Beerwizzard (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:00:42 PM

Hey guys! I'm looking for a service that provides a virtual SIM cards or at least just an SMS receiving service. Some services that I've seen are verifying only social accounts while I need to verify accs on a local and unpopular service which is not listed anywhere.
Also, it is highly preferable to have a chance to fund my account with ETH. Verification usually cost not more than 20 cents and BTC transaction fee would take more.
Anyway, I would appreciate any legit service that you could share.
Thanks.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6150

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:10:42 PM

Ether is not as usable as bitcoin is so not really many services to use but If you're interested in using BTC, then I asked a similar question couple of months back: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5110311.0;topicseen

In addition to what has been mentioned in the link above, you have smsprivacy.org which I found before but never tried.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 04:12:28 PM

I think my reply in the thread that OSS linked is still fairly accurate, and depending on the service you need it for, should work.

I can't seem to find a service that provides private phone numbers to receive SMS or calls. It should be unique and never been used before and will never be used as long as I'm in control of the account.

The main purpose is to just make a new Telegram account while keeping it totally under my control.

Have you tried using a service such as TextNow/Textverified to create a google voice account, and to then use the google voice account for your telegram account?

That way, you have a number that will always be yours...(AFAIK?)

Not sure if Telegram works with google voice though, as some services detect their numbers as VOIP.

As i said in above quote, if the service you're using detects VOIP, most Gvoice numbers probably won't work, if they do, you should receive SMS just fine. I've tested it for paypal & some other services, without any issues.

markbig

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 08:50:21 AM

I had a similar problem, but then found virtual number service for which you can pay with bitcoins. https://cryptwerk.com/companies/voip/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: