Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:18:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About stablecoin wallets needing a different coin for tx  (Read 124 times)
Artemis3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 02:20:40 PM

I have tried using a few stablecoins (tokens?) directly to do transactions. Unfortunately they all seem to use someone else's blockchain. This is a bit of a letdown because the tx fee needs to be paid in that coin instead. Most are erc-20 so they use "gas" (eth), and to be able to do a transaction you need to have both in your wallet...

Lets just say that is a bit user unfriendly. Sure i know how to do it, problem is others... Big problem. So what alternatives are there? Is there an actual stablecoin using its own blockchain, or some wallet that hides this from the end user and converts, say, usdc into the required gas needed to do the tx?

While we are at it i'm also confused with USDT having both bitcoin and eth variants... One type needs satoshis and the other uses "gas" like all other ERC-20s.

To make it simple: I would like to know if person A can send USDCs (or another stablecoin) to person B, each using their own wallet, not tied to coinbase or any particular exchange, and not having to use ETH as well. Impossible?

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
livegogo
Copper Member