Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:39:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Worldopo - Economic Dapp game, Crypto using AR and Geo  (Read 352 times)
bustedsynx (OP)

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 05:03:30 PM

So the gameplay got a lot harder with the current adjustment in health and repair of structures. A lot of beta players complaining in the Worldopo Telegram chat that their repair costs has increased dramatically. Maybe it will weed out the poor players or entirely lose all Worldopo players.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 01:04:38 AM

I invested $240 and bought 2000gems and bought the miners are started mining. I now have over 50k gems and the entire time the pushed the price per gem up each and every sales stage. The price was $0.25 I think.
So obviously the inflation is insane I more certainly do not have 50k x $0.25 bitcoin value of these tokens. I have that much worth if you buy through the ply store.

I stopped playing the game months ago because the game now lags so much since I have so many farms. I make more gems then I can spend. It lags so much it takes 30 minutes of pure frustration just to collect everything. It is unplayable and eventually, the miners stop loading since they stretch out so far the game doesn't seem to be able to handle itself once you build a certain number of mines. I have a few hundred mines,
Very cool idea and very cool idea. There was talk about an update but this has not happened for months it looks abandoned but telegram is still active but I have not been to the telegram group for months. I put this game in the back of my mind. Maybe will all just lost our money? I would like to know what is going on so anyone who can shed light on this please do so.

Lag? I never heard a miner complained about that, maybe I skipped a conversation related to it. Also, the announced update doesn't talk about that.

You can follow this thread as I try to update Bitcointalk members about Worldopo's "progress." I have vested interest in the success of this game.

Yes, it lags like hell. I often can't load my land completely it takes 5 minutes and sometimes it stops responding. The game is simply terrible with optimization. If you have like 1 farm ya it won't lag but try having well over 100 farms and then we will see. It is very frustrating. I cannot simply "pop in" to check on things or "just quickly build my tiles".

So the gameplay got a lot harder with the current adjustment in health and repair of structures. A lot of beta players complaining in the Worldopo Telegram chat that their repair costs has increased dramatically. Maybe it will weed out the poor players or entirely lose all Worldopo players.

The repair cost is pretty high 750 qbit or whatever that orange resource is to repair a lumix (I think that is what they are called) There is a lot of maintaining to be done in this game I hope the droids will repair automatically. I still need to find out what the droids do.

bustedsynx (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 04:27:34 PM

I invested $240 and bought 2000gems and bought the miners are started mining. I now have over 50k gems and the entire time the pushed the price per gem up each and every sales stage. The price was $0.25 I think.
So obviously the inflation is insane I more certainly do not have 50k x $0.25 bitcoin value of these tokens. I have that much worth if you buy through the ply store.

I stopped playing the game months ago because the game now lags so much since I have so many farms. I make more gems then I can spend. It lags so much it takes 30 minutes of pure frustration just to collect everything. It is unplayable and eventually, the miners stop loading since they stretch out so far the game doesn't seem to be able to handle itself once you build a certain number of mines. I have a few hundred mines,
Very cool idea and very cool idea. There was talk about an update but this has not happened for months it looks abandoned but telegram is still active but I have not been to the telegram group for months. I put this game in the back of my mind. Maybe will all just lost our money? I would like to know what is going on so anyone who can shed light on this please do so.

Lag? I never heard a miner complained about that, maybe I skipped a conversation related to it. Also, the announced update doesn't talk about that.

You can follow this thread as I try to update Bitcointalk members about Worldopo's "progress." I have vested interest in the success of this game.

Yes, it lags like hell. I often can't load my land completely it takes 5 minutes and sometimes it stops responding. The game is simply terrible with optimization. If you have like 1 farm ya it won't lag but try having well over 100 farms and then we will see. It is very frustrating. I cannot simply "pop in" to check on things or "just quickly build my tiles".

The repair cost is pretty high 750 qbit or whatever that orange resource is to repair a lumix (I think that is what they are called) There is a lot of maintaining to be done in this game I hope the droids will repair automatically. I still need to find out what the droids do.

I suggest you visit Worldopo's telegram group https://t.me/worldopo There are a lot of players in there talking about issues that concern them. Maybe you can ask around what these droids do for the farm.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

bustedsynx (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 08:56:52 PM

I'm reposting a recent official announcement from the dev team since I can't find this announcement anywhere in this forum and in the internet in general. It was announced in Discord in which hardly any Worldopo holder visits anymore.

Dated Sept 27:
Hello guys,

thank you for your patience for that long time. Our new release is in stores. This is a huge milestone for the project. Perhaps I’ll explain a bit of what we were doing the whole time from January 2019 till today.

You know that the current blockchain and dapp-scene is still at the early beginning. You find a lot of gambling projects and/or collectible blockchain games that all are similar and based on the same engine. Our vision and strategy are to develop a game/product based on a blockchain, that was never done before using the trend technologies AR, geolocation and of course blockchain in a meaningful way.

As there is no one similar project done before our game is really unique, giant and requires a lot of research and analysis. On the other side, we experienced a lot of problems because there are no advisors and no game designers who are really able to consult us on several topics. Each attempt to receive help from “experts” ended up with consulting or innovation workshop that we provided to them.

Also, we’ve faced the problem that we are not able to release small features and show progress during the development of the core product because there are a lot of interdependencies between modules like life quality, energy, manpower, and production rates. From the beginning, we decided to not release an alpha because otherwise, we would have to wipe the whole database each time after every single update.

Our estimations to release the game much earlier this year were based on the almost finished engine on the backend side (as we explained when we started the project). There was too much work for the frontend devs and even more work for the designers and 3D modelers (imagine to create more than 100 3D models, to optimize and animate them and to integrate them into the game logic). Just for understanding - right now, there are more than 20 people who are working on Worldopo full time.
With all that situation we stopped all the marketing activities due to not burn our financial resources during the development and concentrated on our product. Of course in that time the other “non-dev” part of the team focused on partnerships and private equity investor relations. In that case, we were successful and Qubit AG could onboard a very big german family office as financial investors and receive first tranches of capital. More on that will follow in a special press release.

We were able to close interesting partnerships in crypto-exchange, advertiser and industry topics. Step by step we will start onboarding our partners into the project and introduce them to you.

Also, we prepared our second product “Bountyhub” with right now almost 500k Users for Worldopo marketing activities that can be used for initial market push.

For our WPT token, we decided not to list it so far in order not to dump the prices on external exchanges only because the project is not finished so far and there is really no sense to waste money for that. We think that such projects need time and with enough users using this product we can maintain an adequate price without artificial or even fake market making actions and pump/dumps.

Listing our token on an exchange will be done as soon as we have a more or less stable version with fixed known bugs because only after this step we will renew our marketing activities.
Anyway, the version that you use right now is still not completed, missing important parts like:
-       Narrative and interactive quest-tutorial
-       Fully finished life quality and rent mode for makers
-       Performance and security optimizations
-       AR on the streets
-       Mini-games for each type of life quality buildings that you can play offline
-       Clan-Modes
-       Fully integrated blockchain and tokenization mechanics
-       Performance and security

These parts will take time. A lot of them are already in development and will be integrated step by step with each minor-update that will follow. We will try to reduce our release cycle with the following plan:
-       Hotfixes – each 1-3 days
-       Minor updates – each 1-2 weeks
-       Major update – each month
Info about the changelogs and upcoming releases will be published on our website.

We will update our roadmap and few other sections on the official www.worldopo.io - website soon.

Thanks again for supporting us and keep reporting bugs. We continue working on it each day to deliver a good product.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

bustedsynx (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 10:25:57 PM

ZlojGogi, Worldopo Telegram admin said Worldopo provides a new wiki at the main website: https://wiki.worldopo.io/

He also said they know that the game is quite complicated, and since they do not yet have a ready-made textbook, each of you has a lot of questions.
They have tried to describe the first steps for you, as Cryptolord, to start the production on your farms. The best a newbie player can do is visit https://wiki.worldopo.io/quick-guide/

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

bustedsynx (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 04:17:36 PM

According to one of the game developers of Worldopo:

Good evening. Since we have not updated versions for a long time and rarely respond to messages, I want to tell you what we are doing now:
1. We finish checks on a test server with the correct distribution of people in buildings.
2. Check on the test server the correct production of gems in farms. Previously, too many gems were produced, now there are very few.
3. We are working on another mini-game inside World Dopo, and we are developing daily tasks for players so that you have something to do besides repairing buildings and collecting resources.
4. We are finalizing global game optimization. The game will run faster.

We will try to complete these tasks by the end of the week.

So basically the worker bees just keep on grinding out, producing more gaming features.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │