Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:22:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help us to identify Mark Karpeles fraudulent past activity on MtGox.  (Read 3309 times)
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:04:43 PM

http://pastebin.com/Wb9p8VbX

some shit to read through
Gotgoxed

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:37:04 PM

I think this list is a scam. I personally had two verified accounts on Mt.Gox but their balances don't show up on the list! Huh

If you were sitting on fiat on the day this list was created, your account would probably not show up, I think.

One method of assessing the quality of this list would be to have a list of trades of the most profitable account at Gox (which is disabled from viewing Huh) and then find the corresponding losing account(s). The finding of the losing account(s) is fairly easy (a 5 minute analysis work). If such losing account(s) cannot be identified, then this list is partially a fake.

What is thought to be Karpeles' account might be in fact Miss Whale's losing account. Could Karpeles' job in this whole operation be to perform losing trades? - I don't know. We need a complete list of accounts and trades executed for the last year.

If we have such a complete list, the culprit of Gox's collapse can be identified fairly easy and quick, and the findings handed out to prosecutors.

Now I found one account of mine, but at least the last login date is completely wrong!
Gotgoxed

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:55:38 PM

http://pastebin.com/Wb9p8VbX

some shit to read through

What if the bug never got fixed because it got exploited only by some insiders e.g. some core developers.
They just never had an incentive to fix it in the first place because it was the perfect backdoor to get some extra money.
They knew very well Mark wasn't able to fix it by himself. Mark knew about his problem but was to dependent on core developers so he just accepted the constant btc drain for the time being... just until it got unbearable. Huh
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:04:11 PM

I think this list is a scam. I personally had two verified accounts on Mt.Gox but their balances don't show up on the list! Huh

If you were sitting on fiat on the day this list was created, your account would probably not show up, I think.

One method of assessing the quality of this list would be to have a list of trades of the most profitable account at Gox (which is disabled from viewing Huh) and then find the corresponding losing account(s). The finding of the losing account(s) is fairly easy (a 5 minute analysis work). If such losing account(s) cannot be identified, then this list is partially a fake.

What is thought to be Karpeles' account might be in fact Miss Whale's losing account. Could Karpeles' job in this whole operation be to perform losing trades? - I don't know. We need a complete list of accounts and trades executed for the last year.

If we have such a complete list, the culprit of Gox's collapse can be identified fairly easy and quick, and the findings handed out to prosecutors.

Now I found one account of mine, but at least the last login date is completely wrong!

The date (stamping) is probably when you executed your last trade.
glon

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:30:39 PM

Who the fuck is Miss Whale?

A person who controls a traded instrument. On traditional markets this person needs to have about 50% of the assets to move the market (less if very smart). It is easier to move the market in bitcoin world, therefore no need for a high 50% control.

I know the meaning of the term "whale" (as applied in trading), but I have no idea who this Miss Whale might be...
Loozik

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:37:38 PM

A person who controls a traded instrument. On traditional markets this person needs to have about 50% of the assets to move the market (less if very smart). It is easier to move the market in bitcoin world, therefore no need for a high 50% control.

I know the meaning of the term "whale" (as applied in trading), but I have no idea who this Miss Whale might be...

Go to wall observer thread and you will know who she or her employees are.
Bit Escrow

Activity: 22
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:13:56 PM

The date (stamping) is probably when you executed your last trade.

Exactly. The time is UTC, though, so you might have to convert it.
glon

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:56:48 PM

Wall observer thread?
Loozik

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:57:00 AM

Wall observer thread?

Yeah,

Look for people who write sensible stuff on threads not related to trading, but when they happen to open their mouth in the wall observer thread they suddenly lose their wisdom and write BS like ''a candle showed a weakness'' or ''EMA crossed SHITMA'' - stuff like that.
glon

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:12:43 AM

Wall observer thread?

Yeah,

Look for people who write sensible stuff on threads not related to trading, but when they happen to open their mouth in the wall observer thread they suddenly lose their wisdom and write BS like ''a candle showed a weakness'' or ''EMA crossed SHITMA'' - stuff like that.

Where can I find this "wall observer thread"? Thanks.
seldon

Activity: 353

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:02:18 PM

Wall observer thread?

Yeah,

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wall+observer+thread

Seriously, this is the biggest thread on this board - how did you manage to avoid it?
glon

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:48:09 PM

Wall observer thread?

Yeah,

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wall+observer+thread

Seriously, this is the biggest thread on this board - how did you manage to avoid it?

The thread was locked on the same day I registered here. Why should I want to visit it anyway if I only ever traded once on Gox, and even that in Feb2014?

Anyway I searched for the word "SHITMA" in that thread but it found nothing. Now I know I'm playing half-dumb here but I'm also very frustrated at this point.

What use is it to present theories featuring "Miss Whale" and similar nonsense if regular people like me (and I'm by no means an outsider to the BTC communicity, maybe just an outsider to these boards a bit) can never figure out what you're talking about? Are you afraid of something Loozik? Can you PM me maybe? Thanks!

btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:40:31 PM

Quote from: mark-karpeles.com
Decided to shut down.

Site won't come back

Good luck in future research

Hopefully some coins can be recovered. And this guy above put in jail.

Why did you decide to shut down?

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:31:44 AM

Quote from: mark-karpeles.com
Decided to shut down.

Site won't come back

Good luck in future research

Hopefully some coins can be recovered. And this guy above put in jail.

Why did you decide to shut down?

Hopefully some coins can be recovered.
Hopefully all the coins can be recovered +  Why did you decide to shut down?

seldon

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:32:47 AM

The thread was locked on the same day I registered here. Why should I want to visit it anyway if I only ever traded once on Gox, and even that in Feb2014?

Anyway I searched for the word "SHITMA" in that thread but it found nothing. Now I know I'm playing half-dumb here but I'm also very frustrated at this point.

What use is it to present theories featuring "Miss Whale" and similar nonsense if regular people like me (and I'm by no means an outsider to the BTC communicity, maybe just an outsider to these boards a bit) can never figure out what you're talking about? Are you afraid of something Loozik? Can you PM me maybe? Thanks!

Ok, joke's on me.. indeed he is talking about this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.0
While it says something about walls, it is basically just a chat about bitcoin. Regarding the miss-whale thing you can safely ignore that...
Aquent

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:57:44 PM

What happened to this website, why was it shut down?
seldon

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:44:06 PM

They posted personal data and balances of thousands of users.. what do you think why it went down?
iambk

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:27:44 AM

They posted personal data and balances of thousands of users.. what do you think why it went down?

That might be true although it would have been nice if the website simply said that rather than leaving that to speculation.  We've had enough of speculation.

I would really like a centralized location of information on this mt.gox situation.  What Mark Karpeles has led us to believe through vague non-specific statements doesn't match up with blockchain.

With the incredible amounts of coin involved I'm having a hard time understanding why somebody (eg law enforcement or not law enforcement) hasn't physically located this guy and pushed him to answer some questions with specificity.  Based on his past actions he's the type of guy who won't be able to keep his mouth shut if pressed in person.

People go to jail for shoplifting small amounts of merchandise.  I don't know exactly what Karpeles has done wrong but I'm certain he has done worse than shoplifting a DVD.  Apparently law enforcement is impotent in Japan.  I'll have to remember that incase I ever decide to become a financial criminal but don't want to live in a third world country.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: