Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:08:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Julain Assange Arrested  (Read 762 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 12:26:38 AM

Well Assange did make many within "the state" look very bad, and he did make many who are in power within the state over the years look bad, so it should be no surprise that Assange is very much disliked in Washington. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 01:46:44 AM

He said multiple times that if he was assassinated that he would release documents that would cripple the world, he has been arrested not assassinated and I fail to see anything new on wikileaks. I think spending life in prison, is close enough to being assassinated,,, but I guess not in his eyes. Unless he has a super cool implanted technology that releases the documents when his heart beat stops or somethingl like that
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2019, 03:17:35 AM

He said multiple times that if he was assassinated that he would release documents that would cripple the world, he has been arrested not assassinated and I fail to see anything new on wikileaks. I think spending life in prison, is close enough to being assassinated,,, but I guess not in his eyes. Unless he has a super cool implanted technology that releases the documents when his heart beat stops or somethingl like that

Its called a dead man's switch. It is well known in the cloak and dagger world of spooks and spies. It is not a James Bond type device (usually). Usually the way people who carry such sensitive data that might get them killed protect themselves is they either hand it to several sources with instructions to release on their death or vanishing and or they have some type of encryption that auto-releases upon him not triggering it to stay encrypted which must be done every X days months years etc.
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:44:26 AM

Its called a dead man's switch. It is well known in the cloak and dagger world of spooks and spies. It is not a James Bond type device (usually). Usually the way people who carry such sensitive data that might get them killed protect themselves is they either hand it to several sources with instructions to release on their death or vanishing and or they have some type of encryption that auto-releases upon him not triggering it to stay encrypted which must be done every X days months years etc.

Wasn't he being denied internet use at the end of his stay, since he was accused of stealing Wi-Fi? I think it's sad to see he was just bluffing.

Also the fake news says he won't be extratidated to the US because he could face the death penalty here. Don't see any mention of that here
jjjfff
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

Crypto.BI

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 02:03:40 PM

Yep. And it's easily implemented using any of the techniques shown here: https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/71911/pattern-to-allow-multiple-persons-to-decrypt-a-document-without-sharing-the-enc

bomj

Activity: 1337
Merit: 288

0xbt

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2019, 03:18:23 PM

The archive Wikileaks:
https://memo.cash/post/e68dbaddbcfcc660d91d60625afe2aa2e3312e863fcf7380611bc8d0ac8a430e
http://wikileaks.cash/
https://twitter.com/christroutner/status/1116720029574156288

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2019, 04:28:16 PM

Wasn't he being denied internet use at the end of his stay, since he was accused of stealing Wi-Fi? I think it's sad to see he was just bluffing.

Also the fake news says he won't be extratidated to the US because he could face the death penalty here. Don't see any mention of that here

As I mentioned in my last comment, it is possible it is on a timer and needs to be regularly refreshed. He has been releasing encrypted caches since 2010. Such a dead man's switch would only need to release decryption keys to the internet with the applicable cache file name and then the chaos would ensue. He was cut off from the internet but not all forms of contact. He could have done this task by phone or even passed instructions to 3rd parties to keep the information locked up. There is a window of time between his arrest and who knows how long that this info could be released at any moment.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:01:32 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

A 14 count superseding indictment was released yesterday that goes FAR beyond the single count of "hacking" the US.

These new counts ARE for publishing the classified material claiming it as spying, NOT the act of hacking the US.

The US DOJ is running WAY overboard and is pissing in the wind of more than a century of precedent, a publisher has NEVER been charged for publishing classified material before, until yesterday.

Ironically this is likely the best thing that could have happened to Assange's case (for Assange anyways), with the legal argument being SOOOO weak on this new indictment it increases significantly his chances of avoiding extradition by the UK.

This is a full fledged assault by the US DOJ on their 1st amendments rights, they truly will make the free press the enemy of the State if this bullshit goes anywhere!
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 11:48:35 PM

A 14 count superseding indictment was released yesterday that goes FAR beyond the single count of "hacking" the US.

These new counts ARE for publishing the classified material claiming it as spying, NOT the act of hacking the US.

The US DOJ is running WAY overboard and is pissing in the wind of more than a century of precedent, a publisher has NEVER been charged for publishing classified material before, until yesterday.

Ironically this is likely the best thing that could have happened to Assange's case (for Assange anyways), with the legal argument being SOOOO weak on this new indictment it increases significantly his chances of avoiding extradition by the UK.

This is a full fledged assault by the US DOJ on their 1st amendments rights, they truly will make the free press the enemy of the State if this bullshit goes anywhere!

This is not the actual world of spies, where one that steps outside the bounds is simply eliminated. This is the world of the media, where the USA  can't just let this guy go.

This is the game played against Flynn, and Cohen, but this time, it's someone you do not perceive as an enemy.

However a trial would show the world there was no Russia Collusion, wouldn't it? You okay with that?
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:34:13 AM

it's someone you do not perceive as an enemy.

It's funny you seem to know what I think about Assange.  I am not an Assange fan, at all.  If it could be proven he actively helped Manning steal the classified documents I think he should be punished for that.  I don't for one second think he should be punished for doing something EVERY media outlet in the land does or would do (ie publish verified classified material).

The free press is the only fucking non political profession mentioned in the US constitution, there has ALWAYS been a difference between the thief and the publisher, one of them is breaking the law the other is just doing their constitutionally protected job, Julian Assange being a cunt doesn't actually affect my position on free speech.  Ironically the MSM that hates Assange will now be on his side on this because if he gets nuked over this then the press as has been known in the US since's it inception is on its way out!
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 04:17:23 PM

standard, weird, unintelligible conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo

I am a lizard man and the pedo overlord alien Clinton demands you stop exposing the truth about us.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 04:31:24 PM

standard, weird, unintelligible conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo

I am a lizard man and the pedo overlord alien Clinton demands you stop exposing the truth about us.

Its reptilian. If you are trying to make a joke at least get the lingo down Captain Commie Canuck. Also the Clintons absolutely are involved in child sex trafficking, that is a fact.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: