Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:02:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2019-04-11] Billionaire Tim Draper Slams ‘Paranoid’ Jamie Dimon, Doubles Down  (Read 132 times)
Lmaooo (OP)

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 03:47:11 PM

Billionaire Tim Draper Slams ‘Paranoid’ Jamie Dimon, Doubles Down $250,000 Bitcoin Price

Cryptocurrency bull Tim Draper has fired a shot at the chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase, Jamie Dimon, nearly two months after the big four U.S. bank announced the creation of a digital currency known as JPM Coin.

In an interview with crypto personality Wendy O, Draper said Dimon’s actions show that he is grieving stage of acceptance with regards to the inevitability of cryptocurrencies:

"That guy… first he says that bitcoin is a scam. Then he gets all paranoid… then he lines up all the banks against it… then he says credit cards, my credit cards cannot be used to buy bitcoin and then he decides he’s going to do his own coin. I mean that was so ridiculous. That’s typical… it’s like the seven stages of… they go through denial… then they go to acceptance. So he is at acceptance."

CCN | https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-bull-tim-draper-jamie-dimon-250000-price

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 05:44:08 PM

I don't think many people within crypto still think that Jamie Dimon is bearish on Bitcoin. Instead of focusing on his words, people should focus on what JPMorgan is doing. It's clear that they are working on building up the infrastructure needed to serve insitutional clients, and the usual trash talk is part of their game. They'll praise it whenever they are well enough positioned in this industry.

All they try to do is to make Bitcoin look as bad as possible so they have time to grow in a market that severely lacks institutional grade custodial entities. Fidelity is the first to do so, but definitely not the last. I am quite certain that we will see some of the largest US banks follow this year. If they also allow their clients to buy into Bitcoin, which seems quite likely, there will be a whole lot more money flowing in.

Institutions need a platform they trust with hundreds of millions, which can't be said about our current exchanges. Heck, most Bitcoiners don't even trust crypto exchanges. I rather buy Bitcoin through my bank than wiring money to whatever crappy exchange that can freeze my funds at any time, where if I want to unlock these funds I have to answer 1001 silly questions first.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 11:15:07 PM

Cryptocurrency bull Tim Draper has fired a shot at the chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase, Jamie Dimon, nearly two months after the big four U.S. bank announced the creation of a digital currency known as JPM Coin.

In an interview with crypto personality Wendy O, Draper said Dimon’s actions show that he is grieving stage of acceptance with regards to the inevitability of cryptocurrencies:

"That guy… first he says that bitcoin is a scam. Then he gets all paranoid… then he lines up all the banks against it… then he says credit cards, my credit cards cannot be used to buy bitcoin and then he decides he’s going to do his own coin. I mean that was so ridiculous. That’s typical… it’s like the seven stages of… they go through denial… then they go to acceptance. So he is at acceptance."

I personally don't see Jamie Dimon actually being in the "acceptance" phase or whatnot. It's completely irrelevant.

His attitude towards bitcoin has essentially shifted alongside JPMorgan's plans of integrating cryptocurrencies into their future. I think that he's more of an opportunist more than anything else, it is likely that he still doesn't believe in bitcoin or what it offers, but would just rather be on the ride as he sees more institutional adoption in the future.

That is not something that is wrong inherently, but it does mean that what he says publicly should be taken with a grain of salt. I personally think that Tim Draper here is taking him way too literally. What he says in public is simply a tool to maximise JPMorgan's success, as all corporates do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: