Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:57:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Coldkey™ -- Secure cold storage wallet cards  (Read 2178 times)
Tibu

Activity: 303
Merit: 140

Hardware and open source software solutions.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2019, 10:10:37 AM

Hey !

Your cards look great! I like the collectible things, especially with good designs like yours.
May I ask you some information regarding the card printing? What kind of printers do you use ?

Smiley

By the way, feel free to take a look at our product : satochip.io
We are building hardware wallet on smartcard Smiley

Thank you.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future.  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven  ⭐
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alamjob239

Activity: 126
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 09:25:59 AM

Yogg - Excellent product. I bought special Genesis Edition and I think Genesis Editionis the coolest.

I also like your Coinfest UK 2019 prototype card but I do not have one. But the cards were extremely limited. I wish I have one of those card in my collection. I really do

Smiley
yogg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 07:23:30 PM

Hello,

So I placed my first order on the site.

For information, here is the content of my order :
- x1 Genesis Edition
- x1 10th Anniversary of Committed Bitcointalk Coldkey - LbtalkL
- x1 10th Anniversary of Commemorative Bitcointalk Coldkey - geophphreigh

Note that I intend to create a subject to give my overall return when I receive the order Smiley

Hey lulucrypto,

Thanks a lot for your order ! Smiley
You should put your hands on your parcel at the end of this week, or maybe early next week.
Yes ! I hop you'll like your Coldkeys and I am very curious to hear your thoughts about them.

Yogg - Excellent product. I bought special Genesis Edition and I think Genesis Editionis the coolest.

I also like your Coinfest UK 2019 prototype card but I do not have one. But the cards were extremely limited. I wish I have one of those card in my collection. I really do

Smiley

Thanks a lot alamjob239 for your kind words, I'm very happy to know that Coldkeys appeal to you ! Smiley
Indeed, I have prepared only 21 of the 2019 Coinfest Prototypes.

In fact, these were made to introduce Coldkey to people attending Coinfest UK.
They were distributed during the convention and yes, there isn't much of them around.
It is the only Coldkey run that integrates legacy BTC addresses.

Hey !

Your cards look great! I like the collectible things, especially with good designs like yours.
May I ask you some information regarding the card printing? What kind of printers do you use ?

Smiley

By the way, feel free to take a look at our product : satochip.io
We are building hardware wallet on smartcard Smiley

Thank you.

Hey Tibu !

Thank you for your nice feedback. Smiley
We do it all in-house. We use blank cards to make Coldkeys.
Maybe we will explain some steps of our manufacturing process more in depth in the future.

Nice project you have here !
I wish you to thrive with it, good luck !
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2020, 05:04:52 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2020, 11:13:25 AM by yogg
Merited by Mitchell (3), crwth (2), MoparMiningLLC (1)

Hello everyone Smiley

First of all, I'd like to address my best wishes to everybody for this new year 2020 that is just starting !
May this decade that is just opening bring you all prosperity, lots of happy times and keep you healthy. Smiley

2019 was an amazing year for Coldkey. Thank you everyone for making this journey possible !
Let's recap what happened, and also share more about us with you all.

What happened in 2019 :

In 2019, we have launched four different Coldkey series :
- Genesis Edition Coldkeys (Unloaded, Limited to 250)
- 2019 Loaded Coldkeys (Loaded with 0.001BTC, 0.005BTC or 0.01BTC, unlimited mintage but unavailable as of now)
- History Coldkeys (Loaded with BTC worth 50€ on the first day of the month of the release, monthly release, limited to 32 in oct/nov/dec 2019)
- 10th year of Bitcointalk Commemorative Coldkey (Sold unloaded, not limited in quantity but unavailable as of now)

In the end, we have produced hundreds of Coldkeys in 2019 and processed over 100 different orders !
(I will give more precise figures about the Coldkeys out there once the threads have been updated)

For 2020, we will experiment with some other different crypto-currencies.
I am also working on a few internal developments to bring to life some Coldkeys with features that do not exist yet in the realm of physical Bitcoins.

We will keep doing the History serie with some adjustments, and new BTC Loaded Coldkeys with a different layout & design will be available soon.
The Genesis Edition will remain available until it is sold out.

Our story :

In late 2017, Xprim777 (Hugo) and myself (Patrick) had an idea : we wanted to make a commemorative item for the 10th year of Bitcoin. (Our friendship goes back to times when neither he or me was involved with crypto)

As we saw it, this item contained a fixed amount of crypto that equates a round sum in fiat at the date of the anniversary.
The idea was to "pinpoint" a moment in time to an item.
We tried to figure it out : how to make it, how to do it ? Huh We had the idea of what we wanted to do, but we didn't know how to make it happen.

My friends from Collectibles who are regularly following the ongoing action here can certainly fill the gaps ;
we have approached Polymerbit with the idea and after a successful collaboration, we have release the 10th year of Bitcoin polymerbit note together.

It was a great experience that allowed us to create stronger bonds with Polymerbit.
We are very grateful to them for all their help and are looking to work again with Polymerbit in the future. Smiley

The idea to create physical devices to bear private keys in a secure way never really left Hugo and me afterwards,
and while reviewing the different options that were open to us we figured out cards are a good way to do it.
This is how the idea of Coldkey was brought to life.

I started to code the cards, the different tools, and put everything together in order to deliver Coldkey to you.
With Hugo, we have incorporated a company to operate.

Lots of work was required to get to that point.
Lawyers, accountants, it's all very messy because there are no clear guidelines about crypto.
Let's do it ! Let's make these walls move.  Cool

We will continue the effort and as a guideline, slowly, carefully, step towards distributing Coldkeys directly to other markets.

Our company :

Our company, AALTWORLD SAS, is owned by Hugo and me.
We are self-funded and today we are very proud to operate successfully.

Coldkey is only our first project, our mission is to spread crypto and help with it's adoption on a much more massive scale.
We are already planning our next project with other parties.
Due to the sensitive nature of what we're involved with, I will not share much details at this stage.
All I can say is that, it has nothing to do with physical BTC.

We are still in the very beginning of what we envision, and are still experimenting in this limited ecosystem which is Bitcointalk.
Some things turn out well, others not so good, but in the end we always assume our responsibilities.

For example, selling "unlimited" quantities of Coldkeys and fulfilling orders on a first-come first-served basis works well on a limited scale.
We witnessed the limits of that with the 10th year of Bitcointalk anniversary release.
(There are still a few remaining orders to ship out, I plan to drop them this Friday at the post)

We have again made some adjustments and expect to significantly increase the orders processing time for 2020. (Shipping within 24-48hr)

Who does what in the company ?

Hugo takes care of our Twitter (https://twitter.com/ColdkeyCards) and also helps the company by doing some accounting and processing invoices.

I am the CEO.
I do the coding, the maintenance of our systems, generating private keys and producing the Coldkeys.
I also do the packing and shipping. (BTW, sorry for the terrible handwriting !)
Also, I take care  of the administrative life of our company and of most of the communications outside of Twitter.
I do provide customer service and reply to all the messages.

We will slowly starting to prepare for start-up contests and try to win some prizes that will make it easier for us to meet requirements and achieve our objectives.

In the end, I do process most of the company workload. Hugo can hardly help me more since he's is studying.
It is a hefty workload, but this is all worth it as I see a very bright future for crypto ! Smiley

It hurts me but I had to take some retreat from the community to focus on our operation ;
I am not as active as I was, and this is mostly because I don't have as much time to sit in front of my computer as I did at some point.
It is not because I don't like hanging around, rather much because I want to keep providing you with high quality cold storage wallets.

I will always do my best to reply to everyone. Smiley

Coinfest 2020

I am very excited to announce to you that will be attending Coinfest UK 2020 in Manchester this year. Smiley

Just a few updates for CoinFestUK 2020!

- We are proud to announce ColdkeyCards will be an exhibitor at our CoinFestUK2020 event! Checkout their work at: https://coldkey.eu

If you are in the area of Manchester UK, come visit us on the Saturday 4th April.
And if you cannot make it, stay tuned for all the content that is going to be shared on their social medias !

I lack words to express what I would like, but this sums it up :

Thank you very much for reading and for all your support ! Smiley
We are very grateful to you all ! Every order is helping us a lot to make Coldkey a great success.
We hope that 2020 will let us to take Coldkey to even other spheres.  Cool
Thank you all for all your trust, and for giving us all that legitimacy to make happen what we plan.

Hugo joins me to wish to you all, a happy new year of 2020 !
krogoth

Activity: 1214
Merit: 138

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2020, 10:41:26 AM

I am happy and proud to introduce Coldkey™ to you.
This project has been secretly taking shape over the last few months and is going forward quite nicely.
We are currently in the late stage of the development of our product. We will be probably able to start shipping sometime in June.

What is Coldkey ?
It is a cold storage wallet card. Each Coldkey is denominated in crypto and comes with that amount loaded onto it's key.
Coldkey cards have several security features that makes them very difficult to counterfeit and tamper with.
Coldkeys cards are also collectibles. Each of them is serialized and authenticable in an unique way.

(an early working prototype)

Authenticable ?
Under that black rectangle on the picture, there is a random string of character that is unique to each Coldkey. It is the AuthKey.
There will be two AuthKeys on each card. One that is printed in plain, and one that is hidden and made with UV.
You can easily check the association of the serial number and the AuthKey on our authentication tool :

https://auth.coldkey.eu
You can try with these data:
Serial : BITCOINTALK-TEST-0
AuthKey : aZ42b321

This way you can verify if the Coldkey card you hold is authentic, and it becomes even more difficult to counterfeit a large amount of Coldkey serial numbers.

Difficult to tamper with ?
Each private key is safely covered by a security hologram sticker.
This hologram is specially made for Coldkey. (Only early prototypes have a generic "SECURE" hologram used for testing)
The Coldkey card is then covered by a plastic layer that is pretty resistant. (> 5000 Taber cycles)
Some of the attack vectors against known collectible coins are not possible with Coldkeys.
The only way to redeem the card is by cutting right through it and peel the holo. The plastic film won't be an issue at that point.
It is equally cruel and cool to have to destroy the item to redeem it tho.

(Original pic uncompressed so you can try out the private key : https://i.imgur.com/R4lPji5.jpg)

(Some UV swag  Cool )

Pictures of prototypes shown at Coinfest UK :
(21 made and distributed during the convention)

We will be releasing loaded cards in batch on a regular basis, without limits in quantities, and occasionally some limited series as well.
Every important announcement regarding Coldkey will be made on this thread, which will also serve as a Reference thread.

Many things are probably missing here.
There is as well many surprises and improvements to come since the Coinfest prototypes.

Please visit our website for more informations : https://www.coldkey.eu

Special thanks to Polymerbit.
They helped us a lot by designing the Coldkey logo and providing a background for our prototypes.
Foreshadowing great collaborations, we are open and looking forward to work with Polymerbit on joint projects in the future !

Thank you very much for reading. We are looking forward to reply to your questions, and all ears about any suggestion you may have. Smiley

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2020, 05:31:45 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2020, 06:56:37 PM by yogg
Merited by seek3r (2), cygan (1), chronicsky (1), guigui371 (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

Hello everyone,

It's been some time I am distant from the community.
I'd like to reassure you : the project is not going anywhere, neither am I, pretty much the opposite.

It was necessary to step back a little to better appreciate the situation.
I want to thank you all for your patience and your understanding.
Coldkey is a successful project, it's growing and we are now facing a handful of challenges as it grows.

Your support is very important, this is the reason why I keep doing Coldkeys. I love and want to keep bringing new use cases, features and items to the scene.
I hope that in a near future we'll be able to make more different Coldkeys for other digital assets, as well as various different concepts around applied cryptography and cryptocurrency.

In this direction, the Q3 History Coldkey will be distributed in-house however the Q4 History Coldkey will be sold at retail on our shop but will ship from the USA.
Anonymousminer will help me with the distribution. (Update to come soon on the thread dedicated to History Coldkey)

Facing these new challenges, now is the time to rethink the way we operate and reboot the operation.
Also, I need to find time to finalize some unfinished business.

Now that I know more about the operation itself, these three months will be a good opportunity to start 2021 on new and stronger foundations.
Our goal is to provide a service that is becoming more and more efficient, and also keep bringing meaningful collectible items around Bitcoin and digital assets in general.

1) About production :

The production process did not evolve since the first Coldkey prototypes have been made, in March 2019.
During this summer, I conceived a new way to produce Coldkeys. Now we can produce more cards in the same time span.
This is how the 3rd Bitcoin Halving Silvers and Coppers have been produced.

2) About orders processing :

Our systems are now sending automated emails to inform customers about their order details, like the tracking number and a link to track their parcel.
With a high volume of orders, it appeared that our previous way to process orders was inefficient.
So we have developed other internal, tailor-made apps to follow through more efficiently the status of each individual order.

3) About communication :

I decided, for more efficiency, to separate my personal life on the forum (so I can keep participating as a regular member) and my professional life as the creator and maker of Coldkey.

Being present on several Instant Messaging services (WhatsApp, Telegram, Discord, Signal, ...)
I really love to chat with you all about Coldkey, but also about all the very things that brought us together.

From now on, I will address inquiries and support request only when they have been submitted through our website, or if you reply to an email you received from us.
However I will keep making public announcements and reply to questions about the project in public threads.
(I will not provide support anymore through PMs)

We have put in place a tool that allows us to turn every interaction in the Live Chat and every message sent through the "Contact Us" form into a ticket request.

This solution allows to keep track of all requests more easily, rather than having to browse the multiple communication channels I use to find a missing piece of information.

Thanks a lot for reading and for your interest about Coldkey.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 05:47:25 PM

Bravo, Yogg, thanks for the update, I can't wait! Cheesy 

And I think you should have bolded this part, because it's easy to miss! Grin

From now on, I will address inquiries and support request only when they have been submitted through our website, or if you reply to an email you received from us.
However I will keep making public announcements and reply to questions about the project in public threads.
(I will not provide support anymore through PMs)

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Rainbowsky
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 06:04:44 PM

Why this guy is always in front  of me.

Bravo, Yogg, thanks for the update, I will buy 50% of those cards today if they are out.  Grin
cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 7700

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2020, 06:16:42 PM

thanks yoggie for the great update and as you can also read, you and coldkey are doing really well...👌💪

i hope that you still remember our agreement... Wink

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2020, 07:04:34 PM

Thanks a lot for your kind words. Smiley

i hope that you still remember our agreement... Wink

Of course. Wink
I put some thoughts into it and actually it could work together with another feature I want to make available by the end of the year.
I'll reach out back to you about this when the right time has come. Cheesy
Coldkey

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 08:12:33 PM
Merited by yogg (1)

🔑 Hello Keykeepers!
 I am honoured to bring forth my first announcement to you all, we have some news today! We will be suspending the next History ColdKey Serie until further notice. Also announcements will be moved to Medium, with a 3-4 day delay before being posted on Bitcointalk.
This means if you would like the most up to date news, you’ll want to be on Medium (https://coldkey.medium.com).

Please stay tuned for the next announcement and thank you for your understanding and support during this time. We have big plans for the future! Stay safe and stay well Keykeepers! 🔒
cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 7700

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2021, 05:47:11 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2021, 10:28:37 AM by cygan

delete... Smiley

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: