Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:38:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion on 'Bitcoin and Friends' Animation Series on Youtube  (Read 243 times)
eternalgloom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 07:14:34 AM

Some, if not most of you, may have already seen this, but I just discovered the 'Bitcoin and Friends' series on Youtube.
I'm surprised with how good the story and overall quality is, which also shows by the number of views it already has (over 100k).

Can't wait to see episode 2 once it's released!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCi3X3AbgT4

If you have already seen it, let me know what you think!

Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1313

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:22:34 AM

It seems to be the 3rd thread discussing about this Bitcoin and Friends video. I have posted my comment/opinion about this video on the first thread and my opinion is still the same. No offenses but, I think we should not create too many threads to discuss the same topic as it will just be a place for repetitive posts.

The other threads which discuss the same video;
Can New Animated Series 'Bitcoin and Friends' Make Bitcoin Fun Again?
Bitcoin & friends - a cartoon series about bitcoin some restricted content  New

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:24:58 AM

The first minutes i was a bit doubtful but i liked the first episode. Shared it in of topic when i spotted the video.
Anyone knows when epi 2 will be released ?

Edit: found the answer here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5128762.msg50548951#msg50548951
According to their website, they want donations before the episode will be released,  so next episode needs a sponsor to be released.
They need 2,77 bitcoins before we can watch it.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:33:15 AM

The series is great and I love the drama behind Satoshi leaving bitcoin in our world. The story plot is great and was amusing to watch which is based in real life happening that took place years back. I'm also waiting for its episode 2 to be released.
eternalgloom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 07:35:10 AM

It seems to be the 3rd thread discussing about this Bitcoin and Friends video. I have posted my comment/opinion about this video on the first thread and my opinion is still the same. No offenses but, I think we should not create too many threads to discuss the same topic as it will just be a place for repetitive posts.

Oh dang, I actually did a search for other threads before I posted this, but didn't get any results (using Bitcointalk's search function).
I should really just use Google next time...

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:42:37 AM

Some, if not most of you, may have already seen this, but I just discovered the 'Bitcoin and Friends' series on Youtube.
I'm surprised with how good the story and overall quality is, which also shows by the number of views it already has (over 100k).

Can't wait to see episode 2 once it's released!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCi3X3AbgT4

If you have already seen it, let me know what you think!

I have only watched a little of episode 1, I think it was a creative animated representation on how bitcoin was created and what is the bank actually doing with people's money. It's an interesting animation and also informative at the same time.

It's really hilarious how they represented everything, it makes me laugh everytime he puke-out little satoshis everytime a block was confirmed.

Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1313

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:09:56 AM

Oh dang, I actually did a search for other threads before I posted this, but didn't get any results (using Bitcointalk's search function).
I should really just use Google next time...

If you use the advance search feature then you will find it easier than using google. Using the default bitcointalk's search function will give you too many results that will make you hard to find the exact thing you are looking for. Just a suggestion...

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Yara1

Activity: 193
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:21:16 AM

The bitcoin cartoon series is really trending and the number of viewers is increasing on daily basis, bitcoin is gaining lots of popularity with this series and I really like it.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:21:29 AM

I know that this just  a movie and might be having some twist with the real story but is there exactly a person named jones in the history of bitcoin?

Hopefully the can have a good amount of funding so they can continue doing the next episodes.
lyks15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

I already watched only a few of this series. The most interesting part is when it show how bank use the client's investment. We can say that bitcoin is better than bank because you can manage your own investment. I am not surprised that episode hits in 100k views and I hope this will have another episodes.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:41:01 AM

The bitcoin cartoon series is really trending and the number of viewers is increasing on daily basis, bitcoin is gaining lots of popularity with this series and I really like it.

The views over the past 2 days have been going up at a rate of about 10k per day which is very respectable.

I counted them because YouTube analytics doesn't seem to be available like it used to be years ago. Or maybe it's just on that video.

For the people saying they're waiting for the next episode, if you have any crypto to spare you can donate and they have some decent perks.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:56:34 AM

The views over the past 2 days have been going up at a rate of about 10k per day which is very respectable.

I counted them because YouTube analytics doesn't seem to be available like it used to be years ago. Or maybe it's just on that video.

For the people saying they're waiting for the next episode, if you have any crypto to spare you can donate and they have some decent perks.
Seriously? That is awesome. I checked out the cartoon earlier and I actually liked it which surprised me since there were mixed reviews regarding its quality. The black guy is my favorite.

I like how the team tried to do something creative with this cartoon which might help improve adoption in a small way.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 12:50:38 PM

It is great but I think someone should provide susbtitle in all languages for understanding fully. Smiley But still it is funny, attractive and informative cartoon I've ever seen.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 01:42:53 PM

The problem of this cartoon is simple: it is shit.
Just compare it with some of the other cartoons. It doesn't make fun out of recent social problems like we can see in south park, it is not even closely such creative as Ricn and Morty etc. I can continue those thoughts for a long time. So in the end the only thing that should attract us is bitcoin. Everything else could be complete garbage but for some reason people have to watch it because it is about BTC.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 01:58:02 PM

I am not a fan of this series. The jokes are stale and can be offensive to some. It might work if they rework it by removing the garbage they inserted in it.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 04:19:25 PM

i watch it carefully and i must say it was very funny and in some ways instructive...
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:10:36 PM

It is interesting to watch but I don't think  it would really help Bitcoin in anyway.
Bitcoin earners or users would surely like to watch it but I don't think that non crypto users would actually be intereted to watch it no offense for the creator of video just saying my opinion.

pibou

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

HODL

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:11:27 PM

Interesting, can't wait to see the other ones in the future.
pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:50:38 PM

There was a similar thread about this video last week.

I'm not really a fan of the way it's made. It has some similarities with the humor from South Park where there's a lot of profanities blood and all that stuff.
It's good that they're trying to make something about bitcoin but that's all I like about it. The story is just boring and not very funny.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 07:48:26 AM

Very educational animation for those who are new to bitcoin or who want to know the history of bitcoin. This animation can be a reference or description of how bitcoin was created, when someone asked "what is bitcoin?" then just tell this animation so that they understand of course with a little explanation from you
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: