Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:46:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Germany's First STO - Your thoughts?  (Read 988 times)
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 12:52:42 PM

Security Token Offerings are only likely to solve one kind of fraud. The kind where the people running the project turn out to be completely fictional. It will do nothing to save you from inexperienced operators that promise more than they can deliver or people who will raise money just to pay themselves a salary while running down the money raised without doing much to complete the project. Don't let it lull you into a false sense of security. You still have to conduct your own due diligence.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 12:54:50 PM

Bitbond has been a leader in P2P loans for quite a time but like every other p2p sites, they faced many problems specially from the borrowers due to the fluctuation of price of bitcoin. If you visit the site now, there are no listings. Either they are shifting their strategy from P2P lending to some other financial strategy or it's just another exit scam.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

petersapartment

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 10:53:06 AM

Great article, thanks for sharing the content with the community.

I think IEOs are the hot thing right now, nobody is talking about STOs. This project does look very interesting though, i will keep an eye on it.
premiumproductss

Activity: 560
Merit: 119

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 03:14:54 PM

No matter what form of token sale cryptostartup offers. The main factor of success is whether the token has a real use. If it is utility token, then you can be sure that it doesnt have any use.  Smiley

Prompyboo

Activity: 807
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 03:30:36 PM

No matter what form of token sale cryptostartup offers. The main factor of success is whether the token has a real use. If it is utility token, then you can be sure that it doesnt have any use.  Smiley
Well, the BNB token is also a token that is used only on the stock exchange and it has no other use than to reduce the commission, but in spite of this the price is constantly increasing

Ifychuks
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 04:02:43 PM

Hello everyone,

Recently I discovered this STO called Bitbond. They are Germany's first STO with a BaFin (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. It is the German financial regulation authority) approved Prospectus and will be using BitGo’s Business Wallet. I am curious what you think about the project. Do you think STO's are the next evolution in ICOs? Or just a rename? You can look at the article below.  

https://www.bitbond.com/resources/bitbond-works-with-bitgo

Also if you want to visit their website, you can do that by clicking here - https://www.bitbondsto.com

They have already raised 1.8 million Euros according to their website and they are in their fundraising phase.
That looks so crazy to see untrusted platform gets a license from the regulators, STO is not even comparable with ico and IEO people are still choosing ICO rather than STO. Bitbond is such a disgrace in the STO industry about how the platform with a bunch of complaints can run STO. You should check the official announcement and you will see that.

I don't know why people even bother on STO. Less people talk about it and am yet to understand the value it adds to the crypto space. People still prefer ICOs and IEO
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 04:15:30 PM

those ideas looks like diversion to me when the markets was down. They have not made any new impression with the STO idea. however, we have not seen more of STO in the market like we expect. Like you said the success is in the use case that can drive the demand volume of the token

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Perie200

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 07:29:05 PM

To make STO much more difficult than ICO, the project may face a huge number of problems and regulators.Honestly, I would have avoided this project. maybe I'm wrong, it's everyone's business.
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 08:10:12 PM

Hello everyone,

Recently I discovered this STO called Bitbond. They are Germany's first STO with a BaFin (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. It is the German financial regulation authority) approved Prospectus and will be using BitGo’s Business Wallet. I am curious what you think about the project. Do you think STO's are the next evolution in ICOs? Or just a rename? You can look at the article below.  

Also if you want to visit their website, you can do that by clicking here - https://www.bitbondsto.com

They have already raised 1.8 million Euros according to their website and they are in their fundraising phase.

I am not usually fascinated about country of origin. I don't see it as a major factor to determine the success of a project. STOs are still Overrated and none has shown its worth till date. I rather prefer ICOs/IEOs, buy my coin and trade it for profits

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
setialovers

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 11:34:54 AM

Hello everyone,

If this STO already registered in BaFin, i think its good investment and legit cryptocurrency. Not many token registered in financial institution and  its not wondering if already raised 1.8million euros. About IEO or STO, its about held by exchanger and security token registered by regulator
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 05:26:15 PM

STO is a rebrand of ICO with some upgrades made regarding the security of investors and their money. Honestly I've never participated in one of those projects and don't know exactly how they work but from what I can see they are somewhat better than ICOs even though scams are still possible here and your money are not 100% safe. I think we'll have to wait a few more months until we can take a decesion about STO and how good they are.
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 11:07:16 AM

STO is a rebrand of ICO with some upgrades made regarding the security of investors and their money. Honestly I've never participated in one of those projects and don't know exactly how they work but from what I can see they are somewhat better than ICOs even though scams are still possible here and your money are not 100% safe. I think we'll have to wait a few more months until we can take a decesion about STO and how good they are.

I think STO is better than utility token because its security. Investor prefer invest on STO because its like a stocks and as far i know its regulated by regulator. Most ICOs are not regulated and scammers always launch ICOs because they knew its not regulated and hard to pursue scammers

Samboo

Activity: 434

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 06:09:34 PM

I have also gone through this project recently. It seems impressive and promising as it claims to be the first STO of Germany. But does it matter whether a project is the first STO of a country? I think honesty, integrity, transparency of a project matters a lot. How much fund a project has collected to push forward it and how many investors it can attract matter a lot. Good luck to the project.

AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 08:07:58 PM

I have encountered this project as it was referred by my friend to take a look and it seems a really good project. Knowing before they make their STO they are already a established company. And they have licensed to conduct STO and its sealed the legitimacy of the project.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 12:49:55 PM

I have encountered this project as it was referred by my friend to take a look and it seems a really good project. Knowing before they make their STO they are already a established company. And they have licensed to conduct STO and its sealed the legitimacy of the project.

There had been some interest on STO in 2018 but it slowly lost some flame towards 2019...maybe because people are not seeing many differences with the usual ICO platform. I am wishing that Bitbond can be a different project and can show how STO is being run. This is not a neophyte project actually and I think the team has the potential to make it a big success. But this is not an endorsement of the project, however. Let the investor analyze the whole thing and decide for himself.
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 12:54:57 PM

Looks good to me on their first STO. The first STO from Germany is very great on my understanding since their project is 6 years ago. So it's not a project on a blueprint. It is a physical project. But, this post was a month ago but they only raised $2m. Although it's big but I don't see any soft-cap on their lightpaper.

Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 12:10:39 PM

It seems an interesting project, I'm curious how much validity the German financial board has in regards in the crypto world, I've heard a bunch of projects claim they are backed by something that adds to their legitimacy, can anyone elaborate on it? 

Well, in terms of what you've said about they are backed up by some entity in the market, think of it again, it was just like buying back their token in order to show that they are having a huge number of supporters as simple as that, but if they can prove it in some ways then why not to trust them?
Cryptogiji

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 03:54:53 PM

Hello everyone,

I think it's a positive step towards investors confidence as they are trying to make fundraising less risky, only time will tell if it will be successful or will leave more people burnt because they jumped on the hype train. I would suggest to everyone that they do heavy research into any project before putting a single cent into it.

The project the article is talking about looks very promising and i'm keeping an eye on them, they have already raised over 2 million Euros and are still far from the end date of their fundraising stage.
annango

Activity: 361
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 04:16:52 PM

Almost crypto members tend to give up on ICO because they used to encounter a very big loss from it. Anyways, we almost lose a huge trust on ICO. I don't catch too much information of STO, but in general STO is similar to an ICO, but whereas ICOs are the sale of coins, purported utilities or even currencies, STOs are the sale of securities ( i had copied this line from an article) , it sounds like pretty interesting. I've heard many of my friends gave good words of it. Actually, if it really works, we all will pay too much attention on it, right?. Maybe STO is created to take place of ICO and hopefully it can please many of us.
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 04:24:50 PM

I have seen the website and there has raised funds of 2 million EUR, it seems that the first STO in Germany has a positive impact and in my opinion it will continue to grow because there is still around 54 days

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: