Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:45:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Germany's First STO - Your thoughts?  (Read 988 times)
jimsteel

Activity: 243
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 06:55:43 PM

Hello everyone,

Recently I discovered this STO called Bitbond. They are Germany's first STO with a BaFin (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. It is the German financial regulation authority) approved Prospectus and will be using BitGo’s Business Wallet. I am curious what you think about the project. Do you think STO's are the next evolution in ICOs? Or just a rename? You can look at the article below.  

https://www.bitbond.com/resources/bitbond-works-with-bitgo

Also if you want to visit their website, you can do that by clicking here - https://www.bitbondsto.com

They have already raised 1.8 million Euros according to their website and they are in their fundraising phase.

I think it's a positive step for ICOs to evolve and make them safer for potential investors, we shall see which one is better in time. Personally I think the STO market still hasn't developed and doesn't offer as much high reward as IEOs / ICOs.

The project above does look very interesting though, and they have raised a lot and have a very strong team, i'm keeping an eye on them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 07:18:58 PM

I do not know much about STO projects, but this projects looks interesting. They have mentioned good investors and partners on their website, I will follow the development of this project.
bramborakymilenec

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 04:13:48 PM

Hello everyone,

Recently I discovered this STO called Bitbond. They are Germany's first STO with a BaFin (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. It is the German financial regulation authority) approved Prospectus and will be using BitGo’s Business Wallet. I am curious what you think about the project. Do you think STO's are the next evolution in ICOs? Or just a rename? You can look at the article below.  

Also if you want to visit their website, you can do that by clicking here - https://www.bitbondsto.com

They have already raised 1.8 million Euros according to their website and they are in their fundraising phase.

I think STOs are just another name for an ICO and are nothing special. The most important thing is to research any project before investing. Saying that, this project looks very interesting and they have raised a substantial amount through their current fundraising phase.
chenille

Activity: 428
Merit: 172

chenille!

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 08:52:55 PM

I think STOs are just another name for an ICO and are nothing special. The most important thing is to research any project before investing. Saying that, this project looks very interesting and they have raised a substantial amount through their current fundraising phase.
The BaFin (German SEC) has approved their product and the BaFin has very strict regulations. Before Bitbond some other ICOs started in Germany and most of them were not regulated and scams like Savedroid or Envion. The regulation by the BaFin is no guarantee for success but they won't pass something with their agreement where they aren't sure about a good quality and save people from financial risks.

⁓ chenille! ⁓
roganite

Activity: 235

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 04:20:47 PM

Hello everyone,

I honestly just see STOs or IEOs as another name for ICOs. Any project can be bad regardless of what type of fundraising it's under. Always research the company throughly before putting any money down.

Saying that, after looking into the article and the website, it looks impressive. Raised over 2 million Euros, very strong team, backed by a financial body and also has a working platform behind them.
chenille

chenille!

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2019, 12:00:23 AM
Merited by Nestade (1)

Savedroid was the only german ico i participated. They lost a lot of value and also did an awful fake scam joke. So i am not going to touch any crypto project if it is Germany. Even it is a sto, i would avoid it.

Oh yeah, if it's from Germany it must be bad... That's an interesting thinking. Roll Eyes
How does a shitty project represent the quality of every other project from the same country?
+1
I think we can call it ICO racism.

Just because some incompetent greedy idiots from Germany tried to launch a business which was many numbers too big for them and they failed badly but are too dumb to realise it, that doesn't mean that there can't be Germans doing a good project.
Every country has idiots not only Germany.  Wink

⁓ chenille! ⁓
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 05:35:22 AM

Germany or STO...
However, this is a credit platform. Until now, such projects have not been successful. And this is understandable: there is still a small adoption, so people use cryptocurrency not enough and do not create a large cash turnover.

Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:41:53 AM

Germany or STO...
However, this is a credit platform. Until now, such projects have not been successful. And this is understandable: there is still a small adoption, so people use cryptocurrency not enough and do not create a large cash turnover.

People more understand about ICOs rather than STO. I think Security token different than utility token and its more attactive to invest on security token because its regulated by regulators. I am believe in near future, people will see the potential of STO and could be profitable in next few years
cryptowomba

Activity: 233

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 12:29:45 PM

Hello everyone,

I haven't invested into IEOs or STOs yet, as i see them as just another rebranding of ICOs.

Great article though, thanks for sharing the content with us and the project looks interesting, they have raised over 2 million Euros already.
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 08:39:04 AM

Germany or STO...

There are a few popular credit type platforms. Cryptocom is launching a crypto lending/borrowing facility.

Similarly Dharma io offers has had one going for a while (was launched earlier this year) and does this almost entirely through smart contracts.

So in short, yeah there are a couple platforms that have pulled it off. Not sure about this first 'german STO'. I'll watch it out of interest, but probably won't participate.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 08:54:05 AM

I thought that STOs will mean a revolution in cryptocurrency start-up industry, but it didn't happen. All og past STOs are now more worthless than ICOs. I lost my desire to invest.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:21:44 AM

Though Bitband STO offering had been a success, it doesn's necessarily mean that STO is the next generation of ICO. The success is due to Bitband's credibility through years of lending services. However, we are not guaranteed of the succeeding STO's success. Let's wait and see what will happen to this project. One thing for sure, this platform uses the blockchain efficiency to redefine lending system.
Dennicex

Activity: 393
Merit: 1

Coinsbit exchange

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 10:24:45 AM

Though Bitband STO offering had been a success, it doesn's necessarily mean that STO is the next generation of ICO. The success is due to Bitband's credibility through years of lending services. However, we are not guaranteed of the succeeding STO's success. Let's wait and see what will happen to this project. One thing for sure, this platform uses the blockchain efficiency to redefine lending system.
I think that the good old ICO is not where it has not gone. We are waiting for changes that will take into account the mistakes of the previous model of the ICO and create something new.

Coinsbit is a new trading platform that provides businesses and individual traders with Low commissions, Multi-Support, Strong Security, and Open API.
lyks15

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 10:53:49 AM

I think this is just renaming because it has a the same function and characteristic. For my own opinion it is good for the crypto industry because I will see that this will be a strong crypto in the future. Germany is rich country so it can support every coin that they want to launch. And because some of investor are looking at the country where crypto originate before they invest like btc came from Japan that expert in using technology.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 11:59:10 AM

I read some articles about the success of the STO of German-based lending platform. I think the success can be attributed to the trust of investors because of the regulations and security offered by the STO itself.
chenille

chenille!

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2019, 05:33:24 PM

Please don't jump into conclusions:

Bitband will be another STO for useless songs on the blockchain.  Wink

⁓ chenille! ⁓
take_off

Activity: 396

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 05:51:09 PM

Hello everyone,

I found this project working really, but I found their website quite simple to look like a potential project. However, through the newspaper pages about them, they make me think that the judgment is not correct and maybe I will invest in this project.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:28:36 AM

The main differences between Security Token Offerings (STOs) and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) is that STOs are regulated whereas ICOs aren't and the tokens issued by the former are considered securities and are generally available only to registered or accredited investors and this fundraising model will soon become far more popular as the industry develops

sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:40:34 AM

meanwhile i changed my opinion about bitbound and find the bounty of the sto interesting. in addition, the project seems really serious, but whether they will be successful, i can not say either.
g.m.tyshenk

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 07:04:52 PM

Hello everyone,

STOs are good as they are tokenized real world assets.  More importantly the peer 2 peer lending provides dividends higher than traditional big bank stocks, bonds, CDs and annuities. 

You can read my latest blog post that compares Germany's first peer to peer lending STO called Bitbond here:

https://icochat.wordpress.com/2019/07/07/cryptocurrency-and-income-investing/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: