Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cypherpunk calls out Mark Zuckerberg  (Read 162 times)
jjbanks994 (OP)

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 05:41:30 PM

Mark recently wrote a letter discussing his focus on installing end to end encryption of private messages between a user on Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger and Facebook. What people don't understand is end to end encryption does not mean privacy.

Longtime cypherpunk David Chaum, who is known for his invention of Digicash and mentioned inthe Bitcoin whitepaper decided to call Mark out on what true privacy meant and how he intends to bring his latest invention Elixxir to the world.

Elixxir digital payments platform will not only offer end to end encryption for users but will obscure metadata from the transaction.

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/david-chaums-elixxir-blockchain-launches-betanet-of-the-metadata-privacy-protecting-platform/
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:30:29 PM

Mark recently wrote a letter discussing his focus on installing end to end encryption of private messages between a user on Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger and Facebook. What people don't understand is end to end encryption does not mean privacy.

Longtime cypherpunk David Chaum, who is known for his invention of Digicash and mentioned inthe Bitcoin whitepaper decided to call Mark out on what true privacy meant and how he intends to bring his latest invention Elixxir to the world.

Elixxir digital payments platform will not only offer end to end encryption for users but will obscure metadata from the transaction.

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/david-chaums-elixxir-blockchain-launches-betanet-of-the-metadata-privacy-protecting-platform/

I don't know what to make of this, it is like a dilemma because crypto need more exposure and with more than 1 billion facebook users having access to crypto is a great achievement for the space but we all now that firm like Facebook are here for the money and nothing else, so for now I will sit on the fence on this issue

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:04:06 PM

I don't know what to make of this, it is like a dilemma because crypto need more exposure and with more than 1 billion facebook users having access to crypto is a great achievement for the space but we all now that firm like Facebook are here for the money and nothing else, so for now I will sit on the fence on this issue

I think that's a valid reason to be in a dilemma with seeing how Facebook could help with mass adoption. But I also think that raises another worry. If we've already seen how easily people take to Facebook and trust them that's just another way for them to continue selling our data for money. What needs to happen is teaching the mass public about why they should even care in the first place
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:08:48 PM

I think that's a valid reason to be in a dilemma with seeing how Facebook could help with mass adoption. But I also think that raises another worry. If we've already seen how easily people take to Facebook and trust them that's just another way for them to continue selling our data for money. What needs to happen is teaching the mass public about why they should even care in the first place

Perhaps he feels Zuckerberg is not doing enough to give a soft landing pad to new technologies which he feels could pose a threat to his social media empire. I look forward to seeing what David has in store

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 08:55:29 AM

I wasn't for the project in the first place because I believed that he was just using the privilege that is name was written in the whitepaper to get more fame for himself.

Though I believe he is still looking for fame, but I can see that the project he is coming up with is a very good one and would mean a lot in the future, this is why I am going to invest in this project even though I have vowed that I won't invest in any project anymore because a lot of projects are just out there to carry out scam activities on innocent investors.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 09:18:51 AM

you're right, but think about this. If only 1% of this 1 billion user become crypto friedly or better crypto user, it will mean that some of them will start to use bitcoin of other crypto
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 10:31:42 AM

you're right, but think about this. If only 1% of this 1 billion user become crypto friedly or better crypto user, it will mean that some of them will start to use bitcoin of other crypto

Not literally bitcoin to consider, there will be a chance that Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg himself would going to make his own crypto that will be implemented to his platform, at the same time, allow multiple cryptos to circulate facebook based on a country's jurisdiction and privacy.

singlecrytpo

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 05:38:57 PM

Not literally bitcoin to consider, there will be a chance that Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg himself would going to make his own crypto that will be implemented to his platform, at the same time, allow multiple cryptos to circulate facebook based on a country's jurisdiction and privacy.

That's definitely something interesting to think about esp in regards to different countries laws and jurisdictions and how they will handle crypto. We are already experiencing regulations
Nezerlan

Activity: 214
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 05:58:37 PM

I do believe it is vital that cryptocurrency gets its much needed publicity, I don't think Cypherpunk dragging and calling out Mark Zuckerberg is the right way to go about it.

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 06:09:51 PM

Elixxir is a project that can really succeed. It can be very difficult to calculate the impact that will occur with a possible Facebook partnership. But Elixxir is trying to release their project
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 06:21:41 PM

Why would Mark Zuckerburg be interested in Elixxir or some other coin and blockchain. As facebook has already announced the develooment of their own coin and blockchain and for that they are seeking an investment of 1 billion dollars from investors.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
GospelCrypto2

Activity: 86
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 09:53:08 PM

David chaum at it again.. I think he should not be drawing battles with Mark Zuckerberg at this moment.. We need big players like Mark in the industry and whether people like it or not people like Mark are the ones that can move the cryptocurrencies space forward with innovations not a self acclaimed Godfather of Crypto

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
wattcrypto

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 11:19:02 PM

If anything I think Mark can learn a lot from someone who has an entire background in cryptography and passion for privacy protection. Will someone please remind me what Mark's background is in and why he would even care about privacy or putting more people's information on the blockchain
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 06:12:04 PM

We need to learn from and listen to the cypherpunks esp those that are still providing value. David chaum. nick szabo. Eric Hughes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: