Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:21:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What has become of the whitepaper document  (Read 537 times)
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 08:20:56 AM

Whitepaper and road mad are nice and good things for a project. They tell you what is to be expected of in project especially if you are an investor. But then scam issues sprung up, recognizing the power and influence of whitepaper and road, came in and capitalised on it to defraud a lot of investors

And now it becomes difficult to trust whitepaper and road map, but it wasn't like that from the beginning.

The solution I presume now; let’s take whitepaper to tell us what the project devs aim to achieve; don’t use whitepaper as a reason for investment.
It is still the same thing mate, the reason why most investors pick up a white paper up is not just to read as newspaper, it is strictly with the intention of investing, so if they look out for whatever you ask them to look at for, it is still to decide whether to invest or not. So, when we use the whitepaper to check what the project aim to achieve, it will still be part of what will assist in deciding our investment before moving in to further research that will finally make us to conclude if the project is worth investing in or not.
toydoll

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:06:36 AM

I agree that the road map and white paper are important factors,but I, as an investor, try to rely not only on them and draw my conclusions on other criteria.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 12:31:14 PM

From another angle, the whitepaper document has become just an ordinary figure head
No body cares about it anymore

Either good whitepaper or fake whitepaper
It does not guarantee the success of projects anymore
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 10:14:19 AM

I agree that the road map and white paper are important factors,but I, as an investor, try to rely not only on them and draw my conclusions on other criteria.
You are right, we cannot solely rely on these whitepaper any more, even if the whitepaper discloses what such project aim to achieve and its objective, it might still be all lies as they just do that to convince people into investing, although it is not all whitepaper that does this, we still have lots of whitepapers in the market that I have seen what the projects is all about and could vouch for it.

Using whitepaper, we should still be able to have the discernment spirit, no matter how promising the coin may look.
We need to start looking for something else that is other than whitepaper that could help conclude on the genuinely of the project and of the developers too.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 10:28:27 AM

There are other ways to determine if the project is scam. If the project is a planned scam, they have planned the whitepaper as well, so you can't really depend on that. But finding irregularities or vague plans is a good way to spot scams.

Usually the popularist selling points are the red flag for me, also the team/advisors need to have solid reasons to be in their places and they need to be real persons with the history you can google up.
innocentone
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 10:38:05 AM

Everytime I invest in an ICO, I read the whitepaper of it and see if it is realistic that they can attain what they put in it for the span of time that they set. If I think that it is not attainable, then I would assume that it is a scam already and I am not putting my money there anymore.

BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 07:46:43 PM

Everytime I invest in an ICO, I read the whitepaper of it and see if it is realistic that they can attain what they put in it for the span of time that they set. If I think that it is not attainable, then I would assume that it is a scam already and I am not putting my money there anymore.

Good investment idea but what’s your plan B ?
I mean a situation whereby the whitepaper is realistic and the project ends up at loss ?

There is need to be smarter than the inevitable
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 05:10:40 PM

I believe this is good idea from you; what other factors do you draw your conclusions from?
Is it from the generated hypes ? Or partnership deals ?

Do inform more; thanks
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 05:22:46 PM

Whitepapers these days has became total nonsense, it the past whitepaper is all you need to figure out how true a project is but gone are those days now, the new style is to do better researches  on the teams to find out if they are real, I did that on a project teams and I find out that they have fake advisor with even fake name.

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:20:10 PM

Whitepaper and road mad are nice and good things for a project. They tell you what is to be expected of in project especially if you are an investor. But then scam issues sprung up, recognizing the power and influence of whitepaper and road, came in and capitalised on it to defraud a lot of investors

And now it becomes difficult to trust whitepaper and road map, but it wasn't like that from the beginning.

The solution I presume now; let’s take whitepaper to tell us what the project devs aim to achieve; don’t use whitepaper as a reason for investment.

Honestly i am too lazy to read all pages in the whitepaper of project, it usually very time consuming.
Even how good is the whitepaper won't guarantee the ICO is real and not fraud scam project.
But in the whitepaper we can know what is the project advantages from other existing projects.

mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 08:28:24 PM

I agree with you. To check the project you need to check many parameters, the more you learn the better.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 09:22:57 PM

There is one common thing that scammers also do their whitepaper- they plagiarise most of the times.
If you are the type that reads white paper, you would have been conversant with lots of them and by the time you see a plagiarized  white paper, you would know.
Scammers are most time found guilty in this area.
Wale777

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 09:30:03 PM

Considering whitepaper to invest is a good thing because it encapsulate all that the project entails but the story is different now that we have major fake project and now I'll suggest studying the team is more important than the Whitepaper, devs that release their identity and it can be verified should be applauded and tells potential investors they're are not scammers
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 10:02:17 PM

You cant really just anything any more going to have to check out the code yourself to figure out if a project is good.
really no other way and even then you still have the devs to worry about
JuanPaulo

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 10:02:52 PM

White paper is just a declaration of intent of the project developers. The roadmap is an approximate timeline for the implementation of the planned stages of the project.
As my experience shows, these documents are, as a rule, followed and executed rarely and changes are often made there.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 10:14:57 PM

White paper is just a declaration of intent of the project developers. The roadmap is an approximate timeline for the implementation of the planned stages of the project.
As my experience shows, these documents are, as a rule, followed and executed rarely and changes are often made there.

If you scrutinize closely the available whitepaper and roadmap for each project launched, you will easily identify who is putting their time and effort on creating such document. If you will see only few pages with very generic content, the probability that a project is done in a rush manner is very high. It has high likelihood that they will not develop their platform. Whereas, a project with serious intent will give you a detailed whitepaper and very comprehensive items on their roadmap. They will answer your questions in a satisfactory manner as well, because they know what they are doing.

But if you see a roadmap discussing only the creation of wallets, listing in exchanges, listing in ranking sites, marketing - high chance that this will be another pump and dump story, or just dumping of dev's coins. Stay away from this type of project.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 10:35:03 PM

Yes, I also think that better to look a prev. work's of team, how known are they and projects which they worked on. White paper - only paper. It not show level of trust for the team from community side.
ataki

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 11:10:19 PM

Unfortunately, many projects misused WP and roadmap to attract investors in the past. We always have to check how the project team is delivering on their promises on the project development.
Badhuamin

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 11:26:20 PM

because many projects were scamned last year so we have to be more mobile and sensitive before investing in projects or participating in the project's bounty.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 11:31:43 PM

Unfortunately, many projects misused WP and roadmap to attract investors in the past. We always have to check how the project team is delivering on their promises on the project development.

If you know how to create a seemingly feasible whitepaper and roadmap, you are good to go. If you are a potential investor, better look for working product with many users in it. I have seen well-written whitepapers but ended up not successful with their plans. So this is not the ultimate factor to consider when investing a project.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: