Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:49:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What has become of the whitepaper document  (Read 537 times)
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 11:36:00 PM

Whitepaper and road mad are nice and good things for a project. They tell you what is to be expected of in project especially if you are an investor. But then scam issues sprung up, recognizing the power and influence of whitepaper and road, came in and capitalised on it to defraud a lot of investors

And now it becomes difficult to trust whitepaper and road map, but it wasn't like that from the beginning.

The solution I presume now; let’s take whitepaper to tell us what the project devs aim to achieve; don’t use whitepaper as a reason for investment.
Whitepaper have many uses. One of them is it's bring being used to explain how their platform will work and how significant it is for the investors or even to other people who are wether in crypto or not. It's still better to read whitepaper before investing; this can be also be used to indentify is a project is a scam or not.
X2Team2017

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 11:52:05 PM

Whitepaper and road mad are nice and good things for a project. They tell you what is to be expected of in project especially if you are an investor. But then scam issues sprung up, recognizing the power and influence of whitepaper and road, came in and capitalised on it to defraud a lot of investors

And now it becomes difficult to trust whitepaper and road map, but it wasn't like that from the beginning.

The solution I presume now; let’s take whitepaper to tell us what the project devs aim to achieve; don’t use whitepaper as a reason for investment.

there was a time where an whitepaper wasnt painted
and the roadmap doesnt contains 5 steps ..
1.  publish sourcecode
2. publish  binary
3.  mining pool
4.  exchange
5. IOS Wallet   "happend never"

Am I spamming? Report me!
wenwen

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:03:40 PM

I believe that white paper is a very weak proof of the financial success of the project. I think that whitepaper will not be able to protect investors and their investments in the project. There is nothing difficult not to follow whitepaper because it's regular paper not having any legal force. It's just information about what the team is raising money for.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:41:32 PM

Scammers have found ways to make every single aspect that we could use to determine the quality of a project into nothing more than useless stuff, when so many of the whitepapers are plagiarized or written by the same people that take that as an occupation then reading it becomes a waste of time, the first thing you need to do is to see if the devs are real, if they are then you can analyze the project otherwise forget about it.
Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2019, 04:48:33 PM

I remember falling for decorative whitepapers in time past.. The way scammers have perforated the system today makes it gullible for one to believe in whitepapers and some are literally products of copy and paste  .

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:53:39 PM

I agree that the road map and white paper are important factors,but I, as an investor, try to rely not only on them and draw my conclusions on other criteria.

Agreed, white paper is a key factor for ICO at the same time people will think wisely about the rules and regulations which has been clearly mentioned in it Well I personally feel like white paper is like a everything like good specification. This is not to avoid any updates on the market.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 06:11:54 PM

I remember falling for decorative whitepapers in time past.. The way scammers have perforated the system today makes it gullible for one to believe in whitepapers and some are literally products of copy and paste  .

Well rightly I would say there’s are still decorative white papers and even fake teams
Scammers have upgraded their pranks and it’s better to be a good reader and facts finder to make the right trades always and everytime
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:30:25 PM

Maybe what you meant is "Don't let the announcement or the release of whitepaper as a reason for investment". I remember those days when a mere announcement for WP release would cause an instant pump. A few made some money on that while many lost due to the immediate dumping.

having said that, there is no way that you're going to invest in any project without reading the whitepaper. You'll have to rely on it somehow.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:22:35 PM

Maybe what you meant is "Don't let the announcement or the release of whitepaper as a reason for investment". I remember those days when a mere announcement for WP release would cause an instant pump. A few made some money on that while many lost due to the immediate dumping.

having said that, there is no way that you're going to invest in any project without reading the whitepaper. You'll have to rely on it somehow.
I have long ago made the decision not to pay attention to the qualitative information about the projects.  In any case, a full-fledged analysis of the project is not enough for 100% of the result and you still can not be sure of good prospects.  I have repeatedly encountered such projects, in which everything was very well written and it’s impossible to find dark spots behind the team, but in the end it turned out to be a scam.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:47:26 PM

I have long ago made the decision not to pay attention to the qualitative information about the projects.  In any case, a full-fledged analysis of the project is not enough for 100% of the result and you still can not be sure of good prospects.  I have repeatedly encountered such projects, in which everything was very well written and it’s impossible to find dark spots behind the team, but in the end it turned out to be a scam.
Yes, look beyond the presentations. Having a well written whitepaper and team does not necessarily equate to a project being legit. But still, you cannot simply invest w/o checking the WP
cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 08:00:03 PM

Sometimes we don't read whitepaper anymore because it would be a waste of time when later on after reading we discover the team's profile are fake. Can you imagine how much time wasted reading more than 20 pages of the whitepaper promising  development and partnerships to big companies in the industry only to find out later on a scambuster reveal whitepaper was actually plagiarized?

Alijiindahaus

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 08:16:01 PM

Whitepaper document is for our hard research before invest any ICOs. Only whitepaper and in roadmap can't be future of any coin without community and best development team.
but how can you determine the accuracy and authenticity of the information?  Each time the worker will provide that information in order to attract more investors or interested people.  But with respect to new projects, there are more and more new issues, in order to avoid fraud in relation to itself and its funds.
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 08:33:27 PM

Sometimes we don't read whitepaper anymore because it would be a waste of time when later on after reading we discover the team's profile are fake. Can you imagine how much time wasted reading more than 20 pages of the whitepaper promising  development and partnerships to big companies in the industry only to find out later on a scambuster reveal whitepaper was actually plagiarized?
I personally start reading the whitepaper only after studying the team and after studying the company registration. technical document easy to write

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 08:48:21 PM

Studying a new project to invest, you need to pay attention to everything. Do not be lazy, read the documents qualitatively - your earnings depend on it. Also, carefully review all team members and advisers.
louisBSAS

Activity: 623
Merit: 11

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 09:20:27 PM

In general, there is no need to invest in new projects that do not have a finished product and who do not have support from large exchanges or funds.
They all carry great risks that are not compensated by anything. Big risks usually have to carry a greater opportunity to earn, but with the onset of a bear market, the opportunity to earn is gone, but the risks remain.

Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 09:45:35 PM

I personally start reading the whitepaper only after studying the team and after studying the company registration. technical document easy to write
I also went precede to research a team and products rather than having to read the whole roadmap and others document ,if the team is genuine and has full trust I don't must to read other documents ,must be see the road map after researching the team and that is enough to make me invest in project
if there are indications of deviation I will go from there

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
blokklanc

Activity: 226
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 10:41:29 PM

Whitepaper and road map were never guarantee for anything, it is just a written commitment from the dev team what they want to achieve in a defined time frame. Only time will tell if they will deliver on promises.

▄ ◤ HyFi ◥ ▄
▐░ DeFi & CeDeFi Marketplaces ░▌ (https://hyfi-corp.com)
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 11:40:09 PM

The whitepaper has simply become a situation of two sides

It is either unique and followed to achieve a good result; or it is simply manipulated and used to defraud freebie investors who join such icos

It’s literally up to you to dyor and be with the best facts
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2019, 10:01:56 PM

there was a time where an whitepaper wasnt painted
and the roadmap doesnt contains 5 steps ..
1.  publish sourcecode
2. publish  binary
3.  mining pool
4.  exchange
5. IOS Wallet   "happend never"

Lol, this is still fair
There are projects that edit their whitepaper at over 2 times even before the pre sale
It has become a joke recently
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 11:31:45 PM

If you are still depending on whitepapers and road maps for you activities then its a pity. They come up with the most captivating whitepapers and almost there road maps just to lure people into throwing the hard earned money into fake projects. I no longer follow whitepapers as they appear more deceitful rather than a true procedure or guide.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: