Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:15:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Collectibles Sub forum  (Read 408 times)
yeosaga (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 07:59:22 PM

I decided to make a post to address the conversation being had here in this thread. to discuss the idea of a sub forum for items that are still collectibles, but don't take up the space of the main bitcoin collectibles forum.

!ooh
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 02:54:07 PM

I've got a load of collectible British coins that I wouldn't mind selling. As this is a "coin" forum, maybe a sale and exchange board for coins and banknotes could be useful.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 03:39:59 PM
Merited by malevolent (1), El duderino_ (1)

I've got a load of collectible British coins that I wouldn't mind selling. As this is a "coin" forum, maybe a sale and exchange board for coins and banknotes could be useful.

I mean that is exactly what the collectibles board is!

You should feel free to list them (or just discuss them) in the collectibles section.  If they are collectible, you accept BTC, aren't over priced I'm 100% sure you would find more than a couple of folks happy to chat about what you have to offer.

There is no requirement (AFAIK) and there shouldn't be that anything listed or discussed in the collectibles section must be BTC or even crypto theme.
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 04:06:04 PM

Collacitable section is the correct place for any collectibles sale, it does not specify to just Bitcoin collectibles. It just says "Including physical Bitcoin coins" but other collectibles are also welcomed.

As @Flying Hellfish said, no one will move your thread from collectibles even if you are selling non-bitcoin related collectibles there. Just you should be accepting crypto as an payment method.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2019, 04:27:24 PM
Merited by FFrankie (1)

That discussion is only because flora is a total tard, they had 4 or 5 threads open and bumped them all the time, the fool is selling shit that no one wants,

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
yeosaga (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 04:34:31 PM

That discussion is only because flora is a total tard, they had 4 or 5 threads open and bumped them all the time, the fool is selling shit that no one wants,

That is my point. If there was a subsection for the random collectibles, the BTC collectibles could get full focus in the forum. I feel like many people want this already, and are also being frustrated by too many non bitcoin collectibles being posted on a website dedicated to BTC.

I am saying it should be a subsection, because people might still want to set apart their random collectible items from the Goods section. I might be overthinking the idea a bit too much, but I am feeling like things could be a bit more tidy there is all.

!ooh
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 04:55:22 PM

Or maybe adjust the rules to crypto related items only and the rest end up in goods.
dont most visiting the sub do go for the crypto items anyway ?

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 05:03:20 PM

That is my point. If there was a subsection for the random collectibles, the BTC collectibles could get full focus in the forum. I feel like many people want this already, and are also being frustrated by too many non bitcoin collectibles being posted on a website dedicated to BTC.

I am saying it should be a subsection, because people might still want to set apart their random collectible items from the Goods section. I might be overthinking the idea a bit too much, but I am feeling like things could be a bit more tidy there is all.

You're WAY overthinking it IMO.  The board is perfectly fine the way it is, I've personally bought non crypto coins from the board.  That issue from what I have seen is a one off (as tman mentioned). Why is it a problem again to have crypto and non crypto collectibles in the same board?  It has made a nice little community of itself the way it is.

teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 05:27:45 PM

You're WAY overthinking it IMO.  The board is perfectly fine the way it is, I've personally bought non crypto coins from the board.  That issue from what I have seen is a one off (as tman mentioned). Why is it a problem again to have crypto and non crypto collectibles in the same board?  It has made a nice little community of itself the way it is.

I oftentimes speak up when something is not BTC related or if they link an ebay auction (I usually tell them Goods is a more appropriate subforum for their item). The last thing I want is for Collectibles to turn into Garage Sale. I actually support the OP and believe that the current Collectibles subforum should have somewhat stricter rules, which would also place these other items into a dedicated place of their own.

Think about in the future when/if some pawn shop spammer comes and lists their "collectibles".. it would hurt the Collectibles forum but not currently be breaking any rules. Think flora x 10 due to it actually being someone's day job to bump their threads every single day at the 24hr mark.
yeosaga (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 05:39:39 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2019, 07:00:19 PM by yeosaga

You're WAY overthinking it IMO.  The board is perfectly fine the way it is, I've personally bought non crypto coins from the board.  That issue from what I have seen is a one off (as tman mentioned). Why is it a problem again to have crypto and non crypto collectibles in the same board?  It has made a nice little community of itself the way it is.

I agree the forum is pretty cluttered, thanks for helping me see that perspective. I was also getting tired of seeing people argue over it, but that is on them not me!

Maybe others will see this and think twice before posting unnecessary content, or even unnecessary content within their own thread (Instead taking it to PM). This cuts out a lot of distractions, so we can get to the good stuff! Wink

!ooh
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2019, 08:37:48 PM

Think about in the future when/if some pawn shop spammer comes and lists their "collectibles".. it would hurt the Collectibles forum but not currently be breaking any rules. Think flora x 10 due to it actually being someone's day job to bump their threads every single day at the 24hr mark.

A person might do something really bad in the future is not a good reason to add restrictions.  What your suggesting above is a worst case scenario that to my knowledge has never happened.  If someone like that showed up they could be dealt with in an appropriate manner and if neccessary rule changes could be looked at to adjust the problem users behaviour.  But until this kind of problem exists and becomes prevalent why do we need rules and restrictions to prevent something that isn't even happening yet.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3008

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 07:03:46 PM

A person might do something really bad in the future is not a good reason to add restrictions.  What your suggesting above is a worst case scenario that to my knowledge has never happened.  If someone like that showed up they could be dealt with in an appropriate manner and if neccessary rule changes could be looked at to adjust the problem users behaviour.  But until this kind of problem exists and becomes prevalent why do we need rules and restrictions to prevent something that isn't even happening yet.

First off, I will state that I have sold several items in collectibles that are non-BTC related. Many of us do, and as an every once in a while thing, I think it's great (Esp since many of us are friends and trust each other). But, if there were just an open free for all, I could absolutely see more people like Flora coming along and spamming the hell out of the page non-stop of items that aren't desirable.  I don't think any (or almost any) of the regulars there mind non-BTC related sales.  The issues becomes when users come in and offer to sell something, that doesn't, and bump it over and over and over again.  My personal rule is if it's non-BTC related, I will bump it twice at most, and then be done w/it.  

I agree Helly that it's (besides the Flora one off) efficient as is atm...but will it stay that way?  I'm a numismatist and would like to see other cool coins/notes show up that are non-BTC related...I just have these worries.  Just my 2 satoshis.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 10:48:30 PM

A person might do something really bad in the future is not a good reason to add restrictions.  What your suggesting above is a worst case scenario that to my knowledge has never happened.  If someone like that showed up they could be dealt with in an appropriate manner and if neccessary rule changes could be looked at to adjust the problem users behaviour.  But until this kind of problem exists and becomes prevalent why do we need rules and restrictions to prevent something that isn't even happening yet.

I see where you are coming from but my mind has been trained to think in preventative ways and to solve issues before they happen. I am very happy that the Collectibles board hasn't turned into a big trash heap but as bitcoin becomes more mainstream and more and more people come around, I very much see a problem arising, hence my post. Both arguments have validity... one waits for a problem to arise then solves it, the other doesn't even let there be a problem, now or in the future. Both achieve similar results as long as once the problem arises it gets addressed sooner than later.
Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1752

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 11:48:13 PM
Merited by nydiacaskey01 (1)

I sell regular gold and silver coins regularly in the collectibles section. It is for all collectibles.  Another sub forum would simply lower the audience and require checking another sub.  Current system works great.  

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 12:34:25 AM
Merited by Steamtyme (1)

I see where you are coming from but my mind has been trained to think in preventative ways and to solve issues before they happen. I am very happy that the Collectibles board hasn't turned into a big trash heap but as bitcoin becomes more mainstream and more and more people come around, I very much see a problem arising, hence my post. Both arguments have validity... one waits for a problem to arise then solves it, the other doesn't even let there be a problem, now or in the future. Both achieve similar results as long as once the problem arises it gets addressed sooner than later.

I'm not personally against reasonable preventative measures tbh, but the damage that could be done by a spammer is pretty minimal and easy to fix/counter should the need arise, until then I wouldn't want to restrict the folks who have a long history of behaving like normal human beings!

I also don't really want to have to sift through multiple boards to find auctions/WTS threads for collectibles!
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5917

Meh.

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 02:23:08 AM

Collectibles of all types belong in the collectibles section, end of. You just have to accept BTC and that is where it belongs!

OT: What we really need is an auction sub that is only for collectibles (current one can't be used due to account sales and all other shit).

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 06:38:32 AM

I sell regular gold and silver coins regularly in the collectibles section. It is for all collectibles.  Another sub forum would simply lower the audience and require checking another sub.  Current system works great.  
I agree on this, having a separate Collectibles and Collectibles Discussion is not really a good idea. Only a few discussion is made about collectibles and most discussions are born because of the item being sold. A few weeks ago I was itching to open a topic about silver wallets, how much it will be sold if I post it now, I was thinking where to place the thread until I found a thread about it in the same section.
wheelz1200
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 12:08:34 PM

As long as it stays as is no further subsection is needed at this time.  Every sub could be broken down into micro subs but at this point it is run perfectly fine imo, there might come a time when it will be needed but not now.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀