Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:14:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain study  (Read 552 times)
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 10:57:48 PM

The blockchain is, a special type of database. It is add only. Each time you add a register to it, special math is done against ALL the previous entries. Cryptography is used to do this, it protects the database from tampering. Nobody can ever change a previous entry, because the math would fail. This database should also ideally be decentralized, with several nodes participating, as opposed to a single server. This ensures the utmost redundancy and tamper proof operation, since its easier for a "hacker" get take control of 2 out of 3 nodes, than 50001 from 100000.

Therefore you can now imagine applications where this would extremely useful. Something you want to store data, and be impossible to alter it later or take down. ID documents and Election votes could be such examples.

Bitcoin uses it to ensure each coin is unique.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mohammedmattar

Activity: 448
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 11:17:45 PM

Hi !

I have to study the short, medium and long-term application of the blockchain within the financial sector for my thesis. My professor gave me this topic and I liked it so I said yes. I am thinking about studying who's really working on implementing the blockchain to see if it's just a buzzword or if the majority of the companies are really investing in it and not only talking about it and about their ideas by searching on the internet informations for example. And getting in touch with different companies. I'll be doing my internship at EY next year so I'll try to get the opportunity to have information too. And PWC has already done this type of research so I thought I could also compare a little bit my results by the end of my research.

I don't know if it's a good idea for the empirical part of my thesis so I wanted to know what do you think about it Huh
And if you have other idea please let me know beacause I am a bit lost.

I'm also new here so I don't know if it's the good place to ask my question. I'm sorry if it's not  Undecided

Thank you !

PS : I'm also sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker ^^

You are welcome at any time and you are already in the right place
through the forum you will find out a lot of important information for your thesis
direct contact with the most experienced members here will benefit you regarding the uses of blockchain.
I see that guys provide you with many important links and I personally am interested in the applications of blockchain in financial services and the health sector
good luck. Smiley
DreamStage

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 11:47:16 PM

I am glad you embrassed this oportunity as 1 more new Person being concerned and wanting for self awareness of what stands withing cryptocurrency world, specially Blockchain ofc.
You have just come into the right place, from small to huge guides, tutorials, explanations, daily news and everything else related with Blockchain is just around this Forum's corner.
Make yourself at home between ourselves. We are all a Blockchain community and are here to help you out.

Nothing to see here
Louisa444 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 02:26:28 PM

First of all, I didn't expect to have so many answers so thank you a lot for taking the time to help me !  Grin

Finally I think that my research question will simply be : "How will the blockchain technology likely impact the financial services sectors ?"

By doing that I am going to present like my professor wants all the short, long and middle term applications of the blockchain and who's trying to implement each applications. I read that only 9% of CIO's have already invested or are considering a short-term investment. And of course, I'm going to explain what is the Blockchain, how it works, why I decided to focus on the financial sector (I read several time that at the moment the financial sector is the one who's doing more research and who's investing more on the Blockchain), ... This will be for the theoretical part.

For the research part / empirical part :

I read an article yesterday which was about "blockchain revolution without the blockchain". The article said that "most of the suggested benefits of blockchain technologies don't really come from elements unique to the blockchain". "Smart contracts, encryption, and distributed ledger are separate concepts. The three may be implemented together, but they do not need to be. Most of the proposed benefits come from encryption and smart contracts. But encryption and smart contracts do not need blockchain."

Here's the link to the article if you want to read it : https://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2018/7/229049-blockchain-revolution-without-the-blockchain/fulltext

I thought it was a good thing to analyse and link to all the applications thah I'll mention in the first part. And it will be easier to anlayse what each company wants to do and how each one approach the concept of Blockchain.
So as you can see it'll be a qualitative research. I don't see at the moment what I can do if I want to do a quantitative research with this type of subject. And with my level of knowledge (I only know the basic stuff  Cheesy), I think it will be more easy for me to handle it and also to find the information that I'll need.

What do you think about my idea ??

And thank you for all the links that I received, the advice, ect It really helped me a lot !

harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 03:35:37 AM

Blockchain Study is a great thing bot only for you but for entire community. It will be more beneficial to more people since they can be informed and guided what is blockchain and the system involves here. Studying new things creates more path towards to success
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:19:38 AM

Hi !

I have to study the short, medium and long-term application of the blockchain within the financial sector for my thesis. My professor gave me this topic and I liked it so I said yes. I am thinking about studying who's really working on implementing the blockchain to see if it's just a buzzword or if the majority of the companies are really investing in it and not only talking about it and about their ideas by searching on the internet informations for example. And getting in touch with different companies. I'll be doing my internship at EY next year so I'll try to get the opportunity to have information too. And PWC has already done this type of research so I thought I could also compare a little bit my results by the end of my research.

I don't know if it's a good idea for the empirical part of my thesis so I wanted to know what do you think about it Huh

I'm also new here so I don't know if it's the good place to ask my question. I'm sorry if it's not  Undecided

Thank you !

Welcome to the forum where you could find answers to your questions regarding Blockchain technology. If you read the past discussions of Satoshi Nakamoto and the rest of the gang here you could learn a lot and study how it came to fruition. You are one of a kind researcher, How I wish I would be in your position. If someday Bitcoin and Blockchain tech could go mainstream, you could be a source too to many younger generations who will be willing to learn in the future, your name will soar in the history of mankind for sure if you succeded. You are at the right place to study Blockchain, Bitcoin and other currencies, just explore and don't forget to ask anybody in here.
MMS2017

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:04:25 AM

Blockchain is the modern technology and if you know that it is important to you then focus on these and learn this all because blockchain study can make you successful more than in ordinary ways. and We have so many other ways to make money but the powerful currency in the coming days is bitcoin.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:24:54 AM

Its unfortunate that more colleges aren't offering course in blockchain.  It can be difficult go get accurate information from the internet alone without credited teachers. I hope this iwll change in the future.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:29:33 AM

I am thinking about studying who's really working on implementing the blockchain to see if it's just a buzzword or if the majority of the companies are really investing in it and not only talking about it and about their ideas by searching on the internet informations for example.

check out the recent survey that was performed by StackOverflow. they had two question about blockchain technology and what developers think about it. interesting enough majority of developers are saying that blockchain technology is NOT used by any organization and it is wasteful of resources.
interestingly enough, most of those who voted otherwise were less experienced developers!
(not this is about the blockchain technology not bitcoin).
https://insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2019/#blockchain-in-the-real-world

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:36:33 AM

Its unfortunate that more colleges aren't offering course in blockchain.  It can be difficult go get accurate information from the internet alone without credited teachers. I hope this iwll change in the future.

There are college courses online that tackles blockhain and crypto economics   . they also have professors and teachers that you can chat live via skype .  this was the same as going to colleges offline but in a more convinient way  .

Blockchain is the modern technology and if you know that it is important to you then focus on these and learn this all because blockchain study can make you successful more than in ordinary ways. and We have so many other ways to make money but the powerful currency in the coming days is bitcoin.

The importance of blockchain will somehow depend from person to person  . some techy and nerd guys will be curios to learn blockchain tech because they sees alot of oppurtunity from it when compare to depending on cryptocurrency alone  .
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 06:00:57 AM

Yeah this is the right place to ask your question and also this forum will help you get material for you research work as long as your topic is on blockchain and finance you are sure you will get both the theoretical, and empirical resources for your work here.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 06:48:35 AM

This is a wise choice of topic for your study. Its timeliness will surely give your fellow students and other readers of your study the information necessarry. Especially that the title you have chosen is about the impacts the blockchain will likely have in financial services sectors. Once you've done your study, it will also help those in the field that you focused your study on. If you are still looking for further informations, this forum would always be ready to be at your service (apart from Google, of course.  Cheesy) Good luck!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
lyks15

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:44:16 AM

You had choosen a very good and interesting topic for your study,as far as I know no one is really working about blockchain because even government did not want to give attention about blockchain. I think to make your study less complicated just focus on blockchain's benefits. Goodluck to your thesis.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:22:44 AM

Hi !

Thank you !

Your English is quite good, but if you are still a beginner, it is better to understand how the blockchain works first, whatever it is about the basics of blockchain.
If you already understand the basics of blockchain, you can study the research that has been researched by others, many like Blockchain.com or Stanford
kissme09

Activity: 658

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:51:06 AM

To understand Blockchain well, you can find documents on Reddit, and some shared Blockchain knowledge websites. To know how it works and the model you need to join the project to follow more about it. Projects on Blockchain-based financial and banking systems developed in India. You can find some information on this forum. Please try to join the development team, and I think this helps you.

bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 10:53:44 AM

Your english is absolutely fine and you chose an interesting topic to research. The blockchain is something which all world governments support though some of them don't like the cryptocurrency market in general.

Check out the Beginners and Help section of this forum which will help you find information on the blockchain and how it operates in a simple manner.
I support your opinion! The OP is a bit cautious because he wants to know well about blockchain and how it works. Well, having a blockchain study might improve us in terms of technicalities in blockchain. I also have a basic foundation about blockchain but I never know how to do it. That is why I want also to attend seminars about cryptocurrency, it may help to improve my skills and understanding about blockchain technology. But, I do not have much time so I always try to look and research for it in google or youtube.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
cipherhut

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 10:56:18 AM

Here also, you can do Blockchain study and keep yourself updated Smiley Blockchain technology is used for building many cryptocurrencies, therefore, it is gaining attention and creating awareness among the people to use in the various industrial sectors. Cool
Dark Ripper

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 01:41:49 PM

Blockchain study? Yes you must study blockchain before you enter here because this blockchain cryptocurrency is only for those people who wants to earn a large profit of money and those people who are ready to risk their earnings for them to earn more than the usual. Just for example me I am currently exploring and studying on how trading occurs and how to earn or make money using trading in cryptocurrency. To really understands on how it goes, I started a real time trading platform in which I am using a darb finance platform in order to really know how the trading goes. And how does the trading function so that I will gain some experience and lesson about it.
sutetrez

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 11:45:03 AM

Good analytical reviews can be found on many sites. I tried to test Coinediction and I can not say that the services are convenient to use even though the design seems simple. Predicting the behavior of cryptocurrency in the market is not an easy task, and here it is important to see how an experienced analyst makes a report and compare it with the crypto exchanges.
I would not trust the predictions, even though my personal experience is not that big. The dynamics of cryptocurrency is convenient to follow the exchange reports and the results of trading and to make forecasts yourself. Now there are a lot of scammers, and I don't want to be deceived
cvasy

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

KUWA.ai

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 03:23:50 PM

Hey

Let me tell you something , blockchain doesn't necessarily mean BITCOINS and cryptocurrencies to be honest they are just a part of it let me list out some major sources that uses the blockchain technologies today.

But in short it's an excellent topic for the thesis :-

1. Government
 2. Identification
 3. Mobile payments
 4. Insurance
 5. Endangered species protection
 6. Carbon offsets
 7. Enterprise
 8. Border control
 9. Supply chains
 10. Health Care
 11. Shipping
 12. Real estate
  13. Energy
 14 .land registry
 15. Computation
 16. Advertising
 17. Gernalism
 18. Waste management
 19. Diamonds
 20. Fine arts
 21. National security
 22.tourism
 23.taxation
 24.railways
 25. Music
 26. Fishing
 27. Documentation

Etc...... Go for it!

Yup right, blockchain doesn't mean all about bitcoin. Maybe you often hear from your friends or lecturers that bitcoin adopts blockchain technology, which means the blockchain is a system technology and bitcoin adopts it.
In my campus there was also blockchain material from my lecturer, but it didn't discuss bitcoin at all. We are more focused on how this blockchain system works, and bitcoin is only a small sample of the blockchain system.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██