Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:01:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If China Ban , Bitcoin Hashrate Will Drop ?  (Read 607 times)
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 01:33:15 PM

I do not think that the hashrate will fall very much, because already now the Chinese miners are considering options for moving their facilities to other, more loyal to the cryptocurrency and miner countries.

What told is correct when China started to ban ICO and told all exchanges to shut down till rules and regulations are not formed , from that time most of the bitcoin users and miners have started to shift their mining location to other place where they can mine legally and it is cost effective. So it can be temporary problem but it will not impact much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:04:22 PM

Why would it go down?Yeah there are a huge percentage of bitcoin miners there in china but im pretty sure they can easily transfer their operation to another country it may drop for a while?but it will be good in just a few days

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:09:14 PM

Yes it will drop for sure.
Because of the mining and exchanges are belongs to china. Surely hashrate will fall for 100 percent.

May mining business and exchanges from the other countries will capitalize the china's place in crypto world.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:15:44 PM

You are worrying too much buddy. If China does go through with the ban, the mining companies like Bitmain etc won't just shut shop, but would relocate to other countries where they can continue their operations smoothly in a legal manner.
Understood, but I was also wondering if mining would drop at least temporarily, assuming the current miners in China did not make plans in advance as to where they were going to relocate to, and assuming also that they are going to relocate.  They won't give up a profitable operation like that easily, I don't think but it might take time to establish a mining farm in another country.

Why would it go down?Yeah there are a huge percentage of bitcoin miners there in china but im pretty sure they can easily transfer their operation to another country it may drop for a while?but it will be good in just a few days
Yes, it sounds easy enough but sometimes reality doesn't match our idea of easy, does it?  But whatever the outcome, I am hoping China's stupid ban doesn't affect these miners, because the network does need their hashing.
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:43:32 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have a quastion , if china ban miner , bitcoin hashrate will drop back to 2013?

Bitcoin difficult so high because for china miner around 70%

Thanks~
I haven't expext that this will be true because, in the first place china have the biggest contribution in mining they have the most miners like bitmain. It was not easy to shutdown and if they do it i know that there is alternative maybe it will not bitcoin as my opinion. I will going to believe once the news becomes real and not only the create a money to take down the bitcoins price.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
bigmelons25

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 04:53:08 PM

I would love to see hashrate drop for one.  Gpu mining at home is basically dead because bitmain and the other big boy companies bullied everyone else out.  Give the litle guys a chance for once.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:01:08 PM

What would mining company like Bitmain do with their mining devices? They cannot left it, just move to another country. The hashrate might drop in the first months but i think it will back to normal soon.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:52:58 PM

I would love to see hashrate drop for one.  Gpu mining at home is basically dead because bitmain and the other big boy companies bullied everyone else out.  Give the litle guys a chance for once.

Realistically, even if bitmain where to stop mining, Bitcoin will never be able to be mine with GPU again with the current difficulty, at least, not profitably but someone could do it as a hobby even though they would most likely lose money with electricity expenses.
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2019, 08:45:02 AM

Hashrate will drop temporarily if everyone stops at once but other people will see the profit and hashrate will return to normal. So China or not, that doesn't change anything, much.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: