Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 03:10:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal Board Member: Bitcoin May Grow 250x  (Read 666 times)
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:29:24 PM

Seems unrealistic to me. But hey, this is a cryptocurrency world and any price is possible with bitcoin. He speculate bitcoin too much and I would like to address that it may come true for the upcoming years but not for now.

Just in case it does happen, I will invest whatever spare money I have to buy Bitcoin starting from now on. I just need to be hodler and nothing more. If you think it wisely, we can still avail a full 1 Bitcoin, it is possible for most aver age person. We might regret this time if we don't act now. I will be getting goosebumps more often, hope it does goes to 1 million as they say.

We can even buy and invest now. Remember that we were at the bottom when the price was at $3k and it is a good time to buy now. Hence, if that speculation of Wences will gonna happen in the future, then we will get the jackpot and feels like we won the lottery. Grin
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
April 15, 2019, 10:53:39 PM

Many says this prediction is unrealistic but when you are with bitcoin when its value is only cents, did you think that it will reach its value now? Not right? Its unrealistic from cents to $19k but it happen and now $5k it is still a huge surge, It is possible in bitcoin but we don't know when will that happen I hope we're still alive  Grin
Distinctin

Activity: 2828
Merit: 649

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 02:19:24 AM

Huge, I like them giving a good prediction when the price is already bullish, that way we will see more investors coming in because of news like that.
They could be one of the whales, they like people to join the FOMO party.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 07:16:32 AM

Wences Casares, the CEO of Xapo and board member of Paypal, believes there is a 50% chance that bitcoin will succeed, causing the leading cryptocurrency to rise 250x in price from where it is today. Doing some math, this equates to $1.25 million per bitcoin. I'm not sure if this is a realistic figure, but it seems to be one of the most bullish calls in some time.

https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/04/14/paypal-board-member-bitcoin-btc-value-may-surge-by-250x-if-it-succeeds/
That is a good news and good information and analysis that is going to moves the cryptocurrencies market upwards.  I strongly believe that we are at times were we would have a nice price because of this statement from personal like wences.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 09:29:18 AM

"may grow"!! bitcoin is already growing as it has been for the past 10 years and it has never stopped. in fact the "growth" is only becoming faster as we move forward.
as for the 250x, it is just a start. we have already seen a rise of thousands of times magnitude and having a limited supply is contributing to that increase which will become a deciding factor again in the future so the 250x he is talking about is only a small part of that.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 09:35:49 AM

It is realistic. There are 17 million coins around. If we divide it by 500 million people, and use the medium income of these people for calculation, the value would be as high as one million. We just dont know when this will happen.

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 05:40:24 PM

Does he know the fact that a million dollars in price would mean bitcoin will worth above 18 trillion dollars in market cap ?

Not even whole market, just bitcoin itself will worth 18 trillion dollars. I am not saying its impossible but think about it, NYSE has about 18 trillion dollars, that is the NYSE the place where all wall street and all that happens, worlds biggest stock market place and the biggest money changing hands place in the whole world. If you think just bitcoin can rival all of NYSE stocks combined all by itself than you have to be considering bitcoin to be much bigger than what it is today.

I feel like it is not impossible but it looks as improbable as it gets. Maybe in 10 years all numbers will skyrocket, maybe NYSE will become like 50-70 trillions by that time and that 18 trillion for bitcoin will look smaller but I feel like 1-5 trillion range would make much more sense if you ask me.
Hamphser

Activity: 2506
Merit: 328

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 06:47:22 PM

Wences Casares, the CEO of Xapo and board member of Paypal, believes there is a 50% chance that bitcoin will succeed, causing the leading cryptocurrency to rise 250x in price from where it is today. Doing some math, this equates to $1.25 million per bitcoin. I'm not sure if this is a realistic figure, but it seems to be one of the most bullish calls in some time.

https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/04/14/paypal-board-member-bitcoin-btc-value-may-surge-by-250x-if-it-succeeds/
Nothing new here where these personalities call out some speculations that do even reach out of this world.Im not even believing that we would able to hit up $30k-$50k which is
recently predicted yet we havent even reach nor passed previous ATH.We should do make some calls if we do able to reach or break that ATH then its possible but talking on
$1.25M/BTC then they are just dreaming.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2019, 06:51:38 PM

Is possible but i think we need more time and more people not investing bitcoin on any new coin they see and on any new project because if project fail or is exit scam the "devs" of that project will cashout bitcoin and this can cause the price drop.
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 06:51:47 PM

If bitcoin will succeed globally as an investment / currency i have no doubt that this price is possible... just do some quick math, how many people are living on earth and how many bitcoins are existing in 10 years? deduct a few 100k`s of lost bitcoins from wallets in the early days when bitcoin was worth nothing. So, for me it's not unrealistic.
WinslowIII

Activity: 308
Merit: 35

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 09:25:20 PM

Seems togood tobe true. Bitcoin may rise as most people predicted, however, $1.25 million per bitcoin is exageration. I stopped listening to influencers opinion about ptice prediction because it seems that they are spreading their prediction to shill.

I agree with you, that price is an exaggeration. I would say it could go up to 100k but 1.25M is just too much, there is not enough money in the world to make BTC go that high, unless some bot bum the price like when BTC hit $1k for the first time, i think that's the only chance, and if happen bitcoin will not be at that price for more than 1 day.

Not enough money in the world for a $1.25m bitcoin? are you stupid? all it would take is a few trillion fresh dollars and a damn good reason for hodlers to hodl.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 10:13:20 PM

Everything in this world is possible! I will not deny his prediction as he has not set any timeframe as Mr. McAfee did in his prediction.
IMO bitcoin just needs a solid support and that's the lacking right now, maybe it's from the US, and then it will start its journey to the unrealistic high.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 10:51:31 PM

I'm not sure if this is a realistic figure, but it seems to be one of the most bullish calls in some time.

I personally don't like these kinds of predictions for two reasons.

One is that they rely on the premise of bitcoin "succeeding", but yet, what is the criteria for bitcoin to succeed? If it's solely to fulfill its monetary function, hasn't bitcoin already succeeded, or at least partly so? Or is success measured by adoption, or prices?

Secondly, these speculative predictions are usually baseless. It doesn't matter whether or not the person speaking is a Paypal executive or not, I personally think that the 250x growth figure is simply an arbitrary number that he had thought up.

I don't think that this kind of growth is impossible in the future, if we do have mass adoption of BTC and inflation of fiat, essentially increasing the nominal value of BTC even if adoption doesn't increase. But it's definitely unlikely.

Smiley
thecodebear

Activity: 2128
Merit: 818

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 03:35:08 AM

Seems togood tobe true. Bitcoin may rise as most people predicted, however, $1.25 million per bitcoin is exageration. I stopped listening to influencers opinion about ptice prediction because it seems that they are spreading their prediction to shill.

I agree with you, that price is an exaggeration. I would say it could go up to 100k but 1.25M is just too much, there is not enough money in the world to make BTC go that high, unless some bot bum the price like when BTC hit $1k for the first time, i think that's the only chance, and if happen bitcoin will not be at that price for more than 1 day.

Well there is EASILY enough money in the world to take it that high. If Bitcoin went to 1.25 million it would still be smaller than the US stock market, for example, and of course all the value on earth is far far far far larger than just the US stock market.

Anyway, I agree with the guy. He's not saying its gonna hit 1.25 million in the next few years. He is saying IF it succeeds on a global scale, where it is normal for most internet connected people to store value in and transact with bitcoin. If several billion people have bitcoin (which means investment institutions and the wealthy would also take up a lot of it) I could definitely see Bitcoin over $1 million by maybe middle of the century. Obviously low 6 figures is much more realistic if we're talking about what could happen in the next decade, but yeah what this guy says is right, in a few decades if it succeeds absolutely it will likely be over a million.
thecodebear

Activity: 2128
Merit: 818

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 03:39:41 AM

I'm not sure if this is a realistic figure, but it seems to be one of the most bullish calls in some time.

One is that they rely on the premise of bitcoin "succeeding", but yet, what is the criteria for bitcoin to succeed? If it's solely to fulfill its monetary function, hasn't bitcoin already succeeded, or at least partly so? Or is success measured by adoption, or prices?

Secondly, these speculative predictions are usually baseless. It doesn't matter whether or not the person speaking is a Paypal executive or not, I personally think that the 250x growth figure is simply an arbitrary number that he had thought up.

I don't think that this kind of growth is impossible in the future, if we do have mass adoption of BTC and inflation of fiat, essentially increasing the nominal value of BTC even if adoption doesn't increase. But it's definitely unlikely.

Succeeding means the world accepts bitcoin in the mainstream. Basically it means billions of people store bitcoin for savings and/or use bitcoin to transact with. A secondary global reserve currency used by billions. If it reaches that success a million plus dollars can definitely happen, doesn't need fiat inflation for that.

But yeah this kind of prediction doesn't really matter now because we gotta see what happens to bitcoin in the next decade. First decade it showed it has potential and staying power and wide recognition, but this next decade we'll see if the technology can advance for it to be scalable to transact with on a global scale, and if it can convince the mainstream market to keep it (or keep using it) beyond just trying to get rich quick and then selling when it crashes and then staying away.
WinslowIII

Activity: 308
Merit: 35

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 03:42:19 AM

The reason it could happen is exactly what Mcafee said - because fiat is going to crash, and people need something to put whatever value is left in it before it totally collapses.
It's not about bitcoin becoming great, it's about bitcoin being there when all hell around it collapses.
The US alone adds a trillion dollars to the deficit each year. If you think this is a sustainable economic plan, you should see a shrink.
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 10:43:07 AM

I remember when I first started in btc earning in faucets that needs xapo wallets. Those were the good old days.  He's a ceo of xapo so it's expected for him to be bullish in btc but I don't agree about the 50% success rate that he only see and that 1.5m per btc is outrageous.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 11:08:44 AM

It is realistic. There are 17 million coins around. If we divide it by 500 million people, and use the medium income of these people for calculation, the value would be as high as one million. We just dont know when this will happen.
I can see that we have some scholars and mathematicians in the forum and they need to explain further how this will work.
Mathematically, I can’t seem to break the work flow down but I can only use fundamentals to really judge the performance of the coin.
If we need 500 million people to get this work done, we can really achieve this if all hands are on deck and we focus more on promoting Bitcoin around the globe, 500 million people out of over 7 billion should not be a very difficult number to really get to adopt BTC, we just need to work more on creating projects that will make this happen.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 11:32:11 AM

I think these people have invested themselves and are chiming their own bell....

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Sanitough

Activity: 2842
Merit: 673

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 03:02:21 AM

I think these people have invested themselves and are chiming their own bell....
We never know, unless they'll make it public.
people who invested in BTC can make a bad or good call, they both benefit on the outcome, if it will cause a dump they will accumulate
and if will cause a big pump, they'll cash out with a good profit. Don't take their words seriously, we should know how they play.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: