Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:31:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Max Keiser Abandon Maxcoin? Explain to me like I'm Five! :p  (Read 4646 times)
wallstreetcoiner (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:33:03 PM

I'm reading that Max Keiser has abandoned MaxCoin. Any truth to the these rumors?
SonofPegasus

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:39:01 PM

I'm reading that Max Keiser has abandoned MaxCoin. Any truth to the these rumors?

Oh you mean the guy that said he is excited for another September 11th because it will be a boon for cryptocurrencies?  Wow - can't believe he scammed people out of thousands and then left the project.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:41:02 PM

I don't think it was doing as well as he was expecting.
It does seem like he's dropped it but does occasionally refer to it.
Can anyone confirm this?
bl0ckchain

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:02:29 PM

Can anyone confirm this?

I saw a retweet today where he was thanking the devs for keeping the public informed as though he was not directly involved with the coin.
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:25:56 PM

Looks like he and his cronies minted it and now he wants to wash his hands of it because so many of us got brnt by it. I think this is just a hunch as with maxcoin anything goes really. Cry
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:27:54 PM

Can anyone confirm this?

Pretty accurate summary. Smiley

I doubt he will ever condemn Maxcoin publicly.. my guess is he's pretty embarrassed about the whole situation.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:06:07 AM

explain like you're five ok

Max Keiser Bad Man
MaxCoin Smelly Poo

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:13:23 AM

Max Keiser wasn't conned lol it isnt his first crypto pump scam, more like he distances himself when the scams become blatantly obvious. He always dribbles on about the corrupt bankers, yet he is worse then them.

It's fairly obvious that he has abandoned the coin. I think it took him a while to realize he was conned into helping the devs pull off a spectacular pump and dump.
I do not think for a second that he knew or even understood the technical aspects pre launch. It is now clear that the devs "bungled" the Linux only client release and subsequent launch to give themselves a 24 hour monopoly on mining right in the sweet spot of profit.

It is also clear that were large gpu farms that came online immediately right after launch. Once he realized what a joke of a coin and a huge scam this was, pulled off in his name.
He has distanced himself from it. This coin is dead, there will be no more Max Keiser pumps.

~BCX~

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:16:16 AM

Max Keiser Bad Man
MaxCoin Smelly Poo

Well played.  Smiley
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:22:13 AM

We can put your money into maxcoin the next global crypto currency that will take down the global bankster cartell

and It's gone

Next please

Grin

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:39:38 AM

Max Keiser Bad Man
MaxCoin Smelly Poo

Well played.  Smiley

OP did ask for it and that is pretty much how 5 year olds think.
I should know. I'm still 5 deep down Wink
TheareGhosts

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:10:50 PM

It's fairly obvious that he has abandoned the coin. I think it took him a while to realize he was conned into helping the devs pull off a spectacular pump and dump.
I do not think for a second that he knew or even understood the technical aspects pre launch. It is now clear that the devs "bungled" the Linux only client release and subsequent launch to give themselves a 24 hour monopoly on mining right in the sweet spot of profit.

It is also clear that were large gpu farms that came online immediately right after launch. Once he realized what a joke of a coin and a huge scam this was, pulled off in his name.
He has distanced himself from it. This coin is dead, there will be no more Max Keiser pumps.

~BCX~

Close but not quite. If any serious reporter wants the full story of exactly what happened including the level of Max Keisers involvement I will tell the true story... For 10btc
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 02:22:17 PM

Max Keiser Bad Man
MaxCoin Smelly Poo

Kids love to play with poo Smiley

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
maxcoinproject

Activity: 156

MaxcoinProject.org

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 06:17:26 PM

We have been made aware of this rumour and would like to briefly comment, as the developers of MaxCoin. The rumour is completely unfounded and it is to our great regret that people believe it to be true.

Firstly, does it make sense that we would appear on television, on the Keiser Report, as named guests, if we were performing a pump and dump scheme? This is an illegal, not to mention hugely immoral, activity and it would seem foolhardy at the very least to do so. The identity of the developers is widely known and, due to this and the connection with Max Keiser, we are one of the most transparent altcoins available at the moment.

Whilst the launch was regrettably rocky, for which we apologise, we have continued to maintain MaxCoin, releasing software updates, working on affiliated services and trying to establish deals with exchanges, stores and payment processors. We will continue to do this for the foreseeable future and, additionally, are looking to encourage community developers to expand the project. To this end we are currently exploring the possibility of raising some capital to allow bounties to be offered for development.

I hope this assuages some of the doubts of the community. Please also be aware that we are not active on this forum and that the use of Twitter is the best way to contact the development team.

Thanks,
The MaxCoin Developers

Algorithm: Keccak (SHA-3) / Generation: 100 million MAX | Block time: 1 minute / Block Rewards: 8 coins per block / Halving every ~4 years | Premine: Zero – not premined / Fees: Zero – no transaction fees ( close to zero ) | Difficulty: Retargets every block. | MAX Speed. MAX Security. MAX Protection. MAXcoin.
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:58:43 PM

Max Keiser Bad Man
MaxCoin Smelly Poo

Haha, even my 2 year old nephew would understand that Smiley
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:03:29 PM

And lastly lastly, noone cares about criminal scumbag opinion.

You would be surprised at the huge number of PM's I get from devs asking for exactly that all the time. Besides nothing I said was opinion, it is fact.

If the devs couldn't even pre-compile a Windows client pre-launch then they are definitley not qualified to be the leads on something that is claiming to be a multimillion USD venture. That's just plain fact.

Since I familiar with the previous work of the devs, I know for a fact that they are competent and this "bungled" launch was by design.

I congratulate them, the con worked flawless. Max Keiser unaware of the plan pumped this coin to 0.04 BTC and these guys cleaned up.

Brilliant on an execution level and yes that is my criminal opinion!

~BCX~

One true confession of a criminal fucktard!

btw, where ever he uses the frase "it's a fact" he means, "my schyzo Ego compels me to twist my opinion in to a sheer fact"

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:26:58 PM

In time my bets will come true. Noble and iCoin all the way.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 08:24:05 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 10:48:20 PM by LTEX

And lastly lastly, noone cares about criminal scumbag opinion.

You would be surprised at the huge number of PM's I get from devs asking for exactly that all the time. Besides nothing I said was opinion, it is fact.

If the devs couldn't even pre-compile a Windows client pre-launch then they are definitley not qualified to be the leads on something that is claiming to be a multimillion USD venture. That's just plain fact.

Since I familiar with the previous work of the devs, I know for a fact that they are competent and this "bungled" launch was by design.

I congratulate them, the con worked flawless. Max Keiser unaware of the plan pumped this coin to 0.04 BTC and these guys cleaned up.

Brilliant on an execution level and yes that is my criminal opinion!

~BCX~

One true confession of a criminal fucktard!

btw, where ever he uses the frase "it's a fact" he means, "my schyzo Ego compels me to twist my opinion in to a sheer fact"

Wet fart chasers rule  Cool

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
jxmhqjg

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:50:29 AM

This coin is dead. It make few people  lost many BTC, FUCK maxcoin.....

NEM is the future
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:05:01 AM

I'll admit I got MaxCoin wrong. The lack of Max Keiser saying anything about it for awhile seems pretty clear to me.  Embarrassed

more or less retired.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: