Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:20:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding a transaction page on blockchain.info  (Read 2396 times)
soy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:13:51 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 11:28:32 PM by soy

I'm having a problem understanding the blockchain.info page on a transaction.

I enter the transaction ID into the blockchain.info search box.

I know how many BTC were sent in the transaction.  I know the approximate value of that send.  I see blockchain info can give a more precise dollar value of the particular transaction.

The problem is that the transaction shows six sends from my address, each roughly the value of the single transaction.  I don't understand.

----------------

Later....  Okay, I changed the readings from dollars to btc.  The btc sent is correct.  The value of the btc in the transaction can only be correct if calculated by today's current btc value rather than the btc value at the time of the transaction.

Wonder if there is a way to have the blockchain.info display the transaction with values at the time of the transaction.

I'd buy a blockchain.info for Dummies if one were offered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 02:02:33 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 12:04:41 AM by roslinpl

Selling : "Blockchain.info for dummies" Cheesy
Kiddin:P

No man - there is no way to see  a value in dollars calculated from a price when transaction was send.

EDITED: I was wrong Cheesy As you can read below Cheesy
Wrong, It shows old value, just keep your mouse on dollar amount for 2 seconds. It will show a tooltip.

It would be too hard to implement into blockchain. Price is changing hour by hour..

EDITED: it was perhaps not easy, but they did it Tongue

If you need any help with Blockchain just ask us Smiley someones will help you for sure (for free...)
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:09:06 PM

No man - there is no way to see  a value in dollars calculated from a price when transaction was send.

It would be too hard to implement into blockchain. Price is changing hour by hour..

Wrong, It shows old value, just keep your mouse on dollar amount for 2 seconds. It will show a tooltip.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 02:43:09 PM

No man - there is no way to see  a value in dollars calculated from a price when transaction was send.

Pfff Smiley I feel like I need blockchain for dummies too Cheesy

Hehehhe. never saw that tooltip - but yes Wink I just check it - it works Tongue

(I feel like a n00b now Smiley )
soy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:56:18 PM

Selling : "Blockchain.info for dummies" Cheesy
Kiddin:P

No man - there is no way to see  a value in dollars calculated from a price when transaction was send.

EDITED: I was wrong Cheesy As you can read below Cheesy

EDITED: it was perhaps not easy, but they did it Tongue

If you need any help with Blockchain just ask us Smiley someones will help you for sure (for free...)

Yes, I see.  I had looked at early bitcoin transactions and was only seeing the present price not the original.  then somewhere between late July and early August, bitcoin value at time of transaction seems to have been implemented.  Hovering over the sepcific segment of the transaction will get that.  I'm not sure about the value in the green box following the transaction.  I'll check either later or tomorrow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: