Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:29:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get the Note - a digital token by Republic, a US company backed by Binance & Neo  (Read 3144 times)
MQAffi

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 04:43:32 AM

Raise funds
Republic gives you access to a new and vast pool of capital. Raise funds from anyone: your community, customers, partners and millions of retail investors around the world.
VeloCHARAPtor

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 04:53:02 AM

Currently, the SAFT (Simple Agreement for Future Tokens) is the instrument widely used by blockchain companies to pre-sell tokens. Republic Crypto aims to change that with the Token DPA. Although the SAFT dominates as a token presale agreement with accredited investors, Republic believes that this instrument is not optimal for less sophisticated retail investors––specifically when the SAFT includes no maturity date or a provision to claim company assets if a project fails. The use of the derivative SAFTE (Simple Agreement for Future Tokens & Equity) which provides the prospect of future equity may not provide adequate protection if the project fails as equity holders are generally below debt holders in the event of a liquidation.

Our team realized: Who wants an IOU when we have existing established regimes for lending money to projects and leaving deposits on future purchases?
republic.sup

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 09:56:54 AM

Access the startup world
Invest in startups alongside leading venture capitalists and top angel investors.
thanks for the support!
republic.sup

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 09:58:23 AM

Now you can be an angel investor
Invest as little as $10 in private startups and earn a return if the startup succeeds.
$ 10 - minimum investment
Ananksunamun

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 12:50:44 AM

How much does it cost to raise on Republic?

Raising via investment crowdfunding on Republic is not a heavy lift, contrary to what you might expect.

Please note: these fees are not paid to Republic, but are objective costs associated with preparing the documents and running a compliant campaign. Republic only takes commission on successful campaigns.

Form C: $1,500
The SEC requires fundraising companies to provide certain information on Form C.  This disclosure informs prospective investors and is provided to the SEC.  iDisclose, a third party service provider, helps you complete a Form C in about 9 hours when it would normally take over 4 weeks manually. We also have inhouse staff to help you along the way. You are required to pay this cost up-front when you start using the service.
Escrow: Approximately $1,500
All campaigns must have an escrow agent.  The costs of escrow vary depending on the number of investors you end up with and is not paid until after the campaign is over, directly out of the proceeds of the escrow account.
Baseline cost total: $3,000
Other potential costs:

Financials: $1,000–$4,000
If your financials are not complex, you have been diligent with bookkeeping and you are organized expect this cost to be in the middle to lower range. If you already have GAAP converted financials your costs will be lower. If you have a licensed CPA on the team your costs can be $0. If you use professionals expect the bill to be sent once services are complete.
Video: $0
Spend as little or as much as you want. It’s up to you. Already have a video? Chances are you can use that for your campaign.
Attorney review: $0-$3,500
If you have an in-house counsel or your own representation, you can use their services. If you need representation, our partners offer a flat fee structure for Form C compliance and legal review. In addition they will file your Form C, all amendments during the campaign (if applicable) and your post campaign Form C-U declaring the campaign end. Finally, they will help you setup and review your investor agreement (i.e., the security you are selling to investors - most likely our Crowd Safe). This bill is typically paid upfront.

Marketing budget: $0
We highly recommend, but do not require, you to spend money on marketing, social media or otherwise. There might be a live event you want to attend, you might decide to have a party. These costs are optional and you decide on the total costs, but can have major impact on how much you raise.
Credit Card: ~3.5%
If you would like your investors to have the convenience of using a credit or debit card for investment a ~3.5% fee is charged by the service provider. For example if an investor uses their card for a $100 investment your fee would be $3.50. This would only apply to investments made with a credit or debit card, and only if the campaign is successful. Please note, currently Token DPA offerings cannot utilize credit card processing.
Capipastra

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 12:51:46 AM

What fees does Republic charge?
CryptoAliance

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 12:54:51 AM

Is there a limit on how much I can raise?
DivinityEgo

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:00:18 AM

Can companies based outside the US raise money on Republic?
Ananksunamun

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:15:42 AM

What is the typical campaign duration?

Republic campaigns usually last 30-60 days. If you need to run a campaign for a longer time, please let us know.
Capipastra

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:17:18 AM

How does Flat Fee Attorney pricing work?
CryptoAliance

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:18:25 AM

How does Flat Fee Attorney pricing work?

By being affiliated with Republic, you get a special discount on Form C reviews through our independent attorneys we have partnered. How the flat fee is determined is explained below.

Number of Prior Issuances of Securities to Investors (Equity, Debt, SAFE, SAFT, etc.)
Hariton Vladimirovich

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:20:20 AM

Who needs to have a Bad Actor Check run on them?

Anyone in your company that falls into one or more of these categories must provide Republic their full name legal name, SSN/TIN, phone-number, address and DOB:

Officer (anyone with "officer" in their title);
Director (anyone on your board, but not informal advisors); and/or
Any person or entity that holds 20% or more of the company.
Capipastra

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:26:06 AM

What are the key components of preparing for my campaign?

Finances, ensure that your financial statements, for the last 2 fiscal years are GAAP compliant. If you need assistance, we recommend using Kristine Rasmussen from Assure (krasmussen@assure.co) to prepare them in GAAP.
Once that is complete, please have your financial statements reviewed by a 3rd party CPA. We can introduce you to once if need be - note this is only for campaigns raising over $107,000.
Fenomenon

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:29:09 AM

How do I know if my financials are GAAP compliant?
Ananksunamun

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:39:41 AM

How do I print or download an offering page as PDF?
Capipastra

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:41:41 AM

What is a rolling close and how does it affect my investment?
CryptoAliance

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:43:23 AM

Can I increase my investment after it is finalized during a rolling close?
DivinityEgo

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:47:18 AM

How do I get my post marked as "Helpful" ?
DonyTramp

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:48:42 AM

How do I get my post marked as "Helpful" ?

Each fundraising startup's page has a public Q&A (or "Discussion") section where investors can ask questions, provide their reasons for deciding to invest or not, or share opinions, and where the founders can provide additional answers or information.

As with any public discussion, some posts can be more helpful than others.

To reward helpful, constructive participation in the discussion, we created a way for the founders to explicitly highlight certain posts as being "helpful" (this button is only visible to founders).

Authors of helpful posts will also get additional rewards in Notes.

So to increase the chance of your comments to be marked as helpful, you should participate in the discussion, provide insight, analysis, help founders answer questions that you know answers to — and it's likely that they will want to thank you for your contribution
Ananksunamun

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:54:00 AM

How are my investments taxed?

Token DPA investments: The Token DPA is a debt-like instrument which affords the investor the right to a future cash payment or tokens. If the investor receives cash with interest, tax will be due on the interest gained. If the investor receives tokens, tax guidance is unclear as to whether there is a taxable event. You may have to pay tax on the value gained then or pay tax when you sell or trade the tokens.  Token DPA instruments typically do not afford an investor the right to receive K-1s or similar tax documents.

Other instrument types such as the Crowd SDA and Crowd TPA will be taxed based on facts and circumstances unique to each instrument. You should consult with the issuing company and your tax advisor.

Generally, Republic will not provide tax documents.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: