Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:06:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get the Note - a digital token by Republic, a US company backed by Binance & Neo  (Read 3144 times)
Capipastra

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:54:45 AM

I am a Canadian investor, can I participate?
CryptoAliance

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:56:48 AM

How does my investment impact my taxes?
Ananksunamun

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 09:11:42 AM

What if I sold the security I acquired on Republic in a private transaction and realized a loss? 
Ananksunamun

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:15:54 PM

What is the Crowd Simple Debt Agreement (“Crowd SDA”)?

A Crowd SDA is an investment contract between lenders (investors) and companies looking to raise capital. Individuals make investments in exchange for the chance to earn a return in the form of cash interest payments.

The Crowd SDA was created by Republic and is a debt crowdfunding-specific version of a typical debt agreement, a financial instrument widely used by angels, VCs and other accredited investors investing in startups.
Capipastra

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:17:11 PM

Under the terms of the Crowd SDA, investors lend money to the company in exchange for annual interest payments during the term of the agreement. The company has the right to accelerate repayment of interest and/or principal, subject to a minimum return multiple (e.g. 1.5x the principal). If the company makes all interest payments due under the Crowd SDA, the minimum return multiple will be satisfied.

RISK NOTE: payments are not guaranteed. The company may not have sufficient capital available to meet its payment obligations under the Crowd SDA, and the Crowd SDA is unsecured, meaning there is no collateral to which investors would have recourse in the event that the company is unable to meet its payment obligations.

Your return depends on your investment amount, the interest rate and the minimum return multiple amount detailed in the agreement. There is no guarantee of a return, as the company you lend to may not be able to service the debt and has not secured the debt with any assets.
CryptoAliance

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:19:09 PM

Key terms of the Crowd SDA include:

Annual Payment means an amount equal to or greater than the product of (i) the Loan Amount and (ii) the Interest Rate.

The Interest Rate is simple interest, paid annually, calculated based on the amount of your investment in the offering.

The Maturity Date is a future date, usually expressed as a number of of years from the Payment Start Date (as defined in the Crowd SDA). Upon the maturity date, the company must repay all outstanding interest and principal due under the Crowd SDA.

The Minimum Return Multiple is also determined by the company and defines the minimum total return which the investor is entitled to have received by the Maturity Date, expressed as a multiple of the principal amount.
DivinityEgo

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:22:46 PM

How is my investment limit calculated on a 12 month rolling basis?
DonyTramp

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:23:54 PM

How is my investment limit calculated on a 12 month rolling basis?

For compliance purposes, we use each offering's closure date to select investments in the rolling 12-month calculation, and not the investment commitment date.

Investment limits are calculated as (Investment commitments as of the date of the campaign they are associated's closing for the next 365 days + any disclosed Title III investments made on other portals).
Ananksunamun

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:30:07 PM

Does Republic allow international investors?

The terms of each campaign on Republic, from the type of security being sold, to who can participate, is determined by each company crowdfunding. Each campaign's Form C will list which jurisdictions are being solicited on the cover page.

If a company is accepting international investors or investors from your jurisdiction, you can invest using your credit/debit cards or via a wire transfer.
Capipastra

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:31:03 PM

Is investing in startups risky?
Ananksunamun

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:38:16 PM

What voting rights do I get when I invest?

If and when you receive voting shares in a company, your voting rights will likely be diluted when the company raises additional funds.
Capipastra

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:39:18 PM

What voting rights do I get when I invest?

Many companies on Republic raise using instruments that can never grant voting rights, such as the Token DPA, Crowd SDA and Crowd TPA. Read more about each instrument and the Form C of each company you are interested in investing in.
Hariton Vladimirovich

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:43:59 PM

If I receive a Crowd SAFE, is my investment an equity interest?

Crowd Safes (SAFEs) are not common stock. Common stock represents an ownership stake in a company and entitles you to certain rights under state corporate law and federal securities law.  A SAFE, on the other hand, is an agreement to provide you a future equity stake based on the amount you invested if—and only if—a triggering event occurs.  SAFEs do not represent a current equity stake in the company in which you are investing.  Instead, the terms of the SAFE have to be met in order for you to receive your equity stake.

Read more at: https://investor.gov/additional-resources/news-alerts/alerts-bulletins/investor-bulletin-be-cautious-safes-crowdfunding
Ananksunamun

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:44:51 PM

Can I fund my investment via multiple payment methods?
Jenny Briane White

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 08:46:55 PM

If I invest in a company and they fail to reach their funding goal, will I be refunded?
republic.sup

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 12:51:57 PM

If I invest in a company and they fail to reach their funding goal, will I be refunded?
Yes, if a company fails to meet their funding goal all investments in that company will be cancelled and refunded.
republic.sup

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 12:55:09 PM

Can I fund my investment via multiple payment methods?
While Republic supports multiple payment methods, you can only use one payment method per investment.
Ananksunamun

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 04:58:42 AM

Can I invest through my LLC/Trust/IRA/Self-Directed IRA?
Yes, if you have a self-directed IRA, a revocable trust that you are the trustee for, the owner / manager of an LLC or in a position to direct a corporations monies, you can register your entity in your investor settings with Republic and invest through it. Please remember to disclose the entity's net-worth, annual income as well as all other Title III investments made in the last 12 months here.
https://republic.co/portfolio#about_me
Capipastra

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 05:00:53 AM

Can I invest through my LLC/Trust/IRA/Self-Directed IRA?

you cannot receive perks if you invest with your self-directed IRA due to tax law.
CryptoAliance

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 05:04:06 AM

Can I cancel my investment and receive a refund?

You can cancel a Republic investment and receive a refund up until 48 hours before the campaign deadline, after which point your investment is final.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: