Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:02:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 414 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 79102 times)
Odohu

Activity: 378
Merit: 340

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2023, 08:05:19 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Panic sellers, in my view, are individuals who sell because they're afraid of potential price drops.
I have noticed that the number of panic sellers are steadily on the decline, maybe the fud about Bitcoin being a bubble, and bla bla bla are all dying. People are now waking up to reality that Bitcoin have come to stay. Recent findings shows that a lot of Bitcoin are stashed in various wallets and not being traded frequently.  This shows that Hodlers are seriously on the rise.... this is expected though because Bitcoin have proven to be resilient and reliable.

We are not in the bull market yet, we are just warning up with this recent pump on the market, should anyone release yet then they must have been a short time holders or most likely trader, being were we are currently does not mean there may not be further bears ahead, it may only be minimal, this is a call for more investments than ever because we are still not yet where we are going to.
You are right on the aspect that we are not yet in the bull market. The recent response of the market demonstrates how rapid the bull will dominate when there is a favourable fundamental.  Like I always say, Bitcoin have been so nice and considerate for those who are willing to take the chance, it offered us too many opportunities to secure as much as we can at good prices.

The behaviour of Bitcoin this year is actually wonderful and suitable for any type of method of accumulation... I don't think there is anyone employing any method of buying that will saw he had a problem.

The market sentiment is going in favour of long term holders when we have fully launched into the bullrun next year after halving, we have to wait and hold until then, $68,000 should be our first target before the next expectation on bullrun for a nee all time high in favour of every long time bitcoin holders, this also means that we are still in the dip, buy and hold for the time to release get unfolds.
It is expected because from past history, Bitcoin have always recorded good gains in October.  This year just confirmed that with the signs of the bull gradually dominating the market.if history is anything to go by, we will surely end this month well and those who bought this year will all be in profit.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Winterfrost

Activity: 594
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 20, 2023, 08:13:14 PM

Rightfully said, buying the DIP and holding is another effective strategy most persons apply to accumulate there Bitcoin. But no skills can be 100 percent accurate in predicting the price, so why not buy at specific intervals at that price instead of just hoping on the dip alone
Most of the investors both new and old always targets buying DIP and most in bitcoin and hold to make profit when they arises to sell, and what is the target of someone who buy dip is to sell when their is a bullrun and this has being the method of people right from time, but recently some people don't think of such strategies of buying DIP and hold for long-term, what they are interested is making profits whereas they have no applications  to make a profit during their investment.

The thing is that buying when the price is low and sell when the price is high has being possible tactics for most of the investors why their is every possibility that you can buy in dip and expect it to increase and it happens to be going more DIP, so let us not only hope for one strategies of accumulating our bitcoin, let us device other means of accumulating our bitcoins because sometimes predictions do fail and we don't have anyone to be blame when it happens.
You are right by saying buying at the dip and hodling for two circles and above is a good way to make profit. But you should also consider not buying at the dip alone, since you plan to hodli you should come up with a buying strategy that will enable you accumulate and increase your bitcoin portfolio with the three method, which are lump sum, buying at dip and the DCA strategy. These three strategies when well planned and prepared for, will make you increase your bitcoin rapidly compare to when you are using only the dip method to accumulate you bitcoin portfolio. If you are working, you can always use 10% of your income for regular DCA and when you have some bonuses and some extra funds from office, you can save them to buy at the dip because you don't know when the dip will come. Also if you have some allowances from your place of work, like travelling allowance when you are sent to represent your company, transportation allowances and some training allowance. You can put all your allowance together and use it to buy bitcoin once as lump sum. You will see how fast your bitcoin allowance will increase.

There is this funds that as workers in my place of work, 3% from your salary is being deducted to kept for each staffs, till the end of the year before it will be sum up and given to you with your Christmas bonus, so that the money will be of high amount, so that let it be that at the end of the year apart from your monthly pay, you still have a reasonable amount of money gotten from the company that will be more than enough to sustain you till after the festive period. Such money can be use for lump sum buying while you are still DCAing regularly. This is the plan that I have in mind, when I get my Christmas bonus this year to buy bitcoin once, since it isn't part of my monthly income.
Ok, this is good you are being well detailed in your explanation. But dont forget that the price of Bitcoin might not be satisfying during the period you get your bonus allowances. So within that time it is best you DCA with the money or you could wait for a while to see if the price will adjust to the desired price and buy at lump sum. This all depends on how fast and the period you gave yourself to accumulate the  amount of Bitcoin in your portfolio. 

I see comment of panic sellers getting ready to sell. By now people should have learnt a lot of lesson, they should not regret twice. Bitcoin touching 30k doesn't justify the fact that the market is on a Bull run. Its obvious that a lot fo people are expecting the bull run and its showing that there will a be a lot of people selling if the price eventually go to the range of 32k or 35k.

SmartGold01

Activity: 686
Merit: 731

Don't joke with my Daughter

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2023, 09:20:09 PM

It wouldn't be a crime or taboo if bitcoin is part of the asset that you can will to your child.

I wouldn't want to go far about this because I know there is a thread already dedicated for transferring of bitcoin to next generation or next of kin. But that not withstanding we can face so many issues while trying to transfer to our children as well, although many ways has been already suggested so I think it's better for our attention to focused that thread than bringing it up here.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
Roseline492

Activity: 280
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2023, 09:43:51 PM

For me, investing for the long term and selling when I see some profit is acceptable.
Well i wouldn't say is wrong selling some of your accumulated Bitcoin if the price rises because every investors has there own patterns that's well suitable for them so however if you feel the strategy is fine by you is okay.

Of course if you are holding and sometime in the future you feel there is need for you to sell some of your accumulated Bitcoin is your decision but provided that you don't sell below your buying point.

Although for me in as much as Bitcoin price may rise it can never influence me to sell off my Bitcoin because I have made a decision to accumulate and hold for a long time and there is nothing that would made me sell because I have enough on my reserve funds that will take care of any needs so there is no reason why I should temper with my investment.

Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
October 20, 2023, 09:57:43 PM

Rightfully said, buying the DIP and holding is another effective strategy most persons apply to accumulate there Bitcoin. But no skills can be 100 percent accurate in predicting the price, so why not buy at specific intervals at that price instead of just hoping on the dip alone
Most of the investors both new and old always targets buying DIP and most in bitcoin and hold to make profit when they arises to sell, and what is the target of someone who buy dip is to sell when their is a bullrun and this has being the method of people right from time, but recently some people don't think of such strategies of buying DIP and hold for long-term, what they are interested is making profits whereas they have no applications  to make a profit during their investment.

The thing is that buying when the price is low and sell when the price is high has being possible tactics for most of the investors why their is every possibility that you can buy in dip and expect it to increase and it happens to be going more DIP, so let us not only hope for one strategies of accumulating our bitcoin, let us device other means of accumulating our bitcoins because sometimes predictions do fail and we don't have anyone to be blame when it happens.
You are right by saying buying at the dip and hodling for two circles and above is a good way to make profit. But you should also consider not buying at the dip alone, since you plan to hodli you should come up with a buying strategy that will enable you accumulate and increase your bitcoin portfolio with the three method, which are lump sum, buying at dip and the DCA strategy. These three strategies when well planned and prepared for, will make you increase your bitcoin rapidly compare to when you are using only the dip method to accumulate you bitcoin portfolio. If you are working, you can always use 10% of your income for regular DCA and when you have some bonuses and some extra funds from office, you can save them to buy at the dip because you don't know when the dip will come. Also if you have some allowances from your place of work, like travelling allowance when you are sent to represent your company, transportation allowances and some training allowance. You can put all your allowance together and use it to buy bitcoin once as lump sum. You will see how fast your bitcoin allowance will increase.

There is this funds that as workers in my place of work, 3% from your salary is being deducted to kept for each staffs, till the end of the year before it will be sum up and given to you with your Christmas bonus, so that the money will be of high amount, so that let it be that at the end of the year apart from your monthly pay, you still have a reasonable amount of money gotten from the company that will be more than enough to sustain you till after the festive period. Such money can be use for lump sum buying while you are still DCAing regularly. This is the plan that I have in mind, when I get my Christmas bonus this year to buy bitcoin once, since it isn't part of my monthly income.
Ok, this is good you are being well detailed in your explanation. But dont forget that the price of Bitcoin might not be satisfying during the period you get your bonus allowances. So within that time it is best you DCA with the money or you could wait for a while to see if the price will adjust to the desired price and buy at lump sum. This all depends on how fast and the period you gave yourself to accumulate the  amount of Bitcoin in your portfolio. 

I see comment of panic sellers getting ready to sell. By now people should have learnt a lot of lesson, they should not regret twice. Bitcoin touching 30k doesn't justify the fact that the market is on a Bull run. Its obvious that a lot fo people are expecting the bull run and its showing that there will a be a lot of people selling if the price eventually go to the range of 32k or 35k.
Its been a while that we havent been able to see that 30k price which there would really be those people who would really be having impressions that this might be start of the bull run but we know that it wont really be  that just possible until the Bitcoin halving but who knows right? There's no way that we could really be able to predict on whats ahead and this is why it would really be just that better that you should really be wise on taking up some investment decisions.If you have DCA then you wont really be that minding much on what price entry you have been able to get in because we know that in making DCA then it wont really be that
much of an issue in speaking about entry on which as long you do have that available funds then you would really be just simply buying if the price goes down or according into your preference.

If it would be going down even more then this is where you would be considering on adding up funds for you to dca even further but of course there's no such thing about
unlimited funds on a certain individual and this is why we are really that keen on entering the market too often and as much as possible then we would really be that
going after into those prices on which we do consider it ot be the bottom price to maximize out profitability.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 03:38:51 AM

I am not in the same phase of my investment journey as the overwhelming majority of the population, including members participating in this thread.  An overwhelming number of the world including members of this thread is either in accumulation phase or pre-accumulation phase.  Even though I accumulate from time to time, I mostly went through my BTC accumulation in 2014, 2015 and 2016, and sure sometimes it can be difficult for any of us to know where we are at in our bitcoin journey, but I doubt that it is going to be very helpful to attempt to do what I am doing when it does not really apply to what you likely should be doing. which is accumulating bitcoin and tailoring your bitcoin accumualtion to your own circmstances.
I agree with your opinion that long-term investment requires patience and a level of foresight for those in accumulating Bitcoin. like the current situation where we have to adjust a larger budget to be able to collect 1 Bitcoin and that is of course very different from the history of those of your who bought it in 2014, 2015 and 2016 because at that time the price of Bitcoin was quite cheap and lucky for those who bought in large quantities big at that time.

Even so, we still stick to our respective positions because if we want to have some BTC in our portfolio, maybe we have to be diligent in buying every dip that occurs. DCA is one of the best strategies for long-term investment and can be applied in various situations. I mean if we miss one or two stages, we can cover the gap by buying aggressively in the next stage.
It is normal for a long-term investment portfolio to have a large amount of Bitcoin investments, but it is unusual for a deep investment portfolio to have a low Bitcoin investment. When long-term investments are mentioned, the name Bitcoin comes up naturally. Now we understand Bitcoin as a long term investment. No one would prefer any coin other than Bitcoin for long-term investment. I have a long term investment plan of my own portfolio where I invest 90% in Bitcoin and the remaining 10% in some other coin in the market. Honestly I am trusting only Bitcoin and rest 10% invested in other coins I don't trust that investment but I have bought some coins to build portfolio. I believe the portfolio I have built around Bitcoin in the long term is the right decision for me and I will get a lot out of the investment because I believe the longer the investment is held in Bitcoin the more likely it is to succeed.

I doubt that any of us can really provide very accurate assessments regarding either how much bitcoin people hold or various other aspects of their overall portfolio holdings, including the extent to which they might be diversified in other traditional assets (such as stocks, bonds, property, cash) or using shitcoins as part of what they believe to be diversification (which it is not).. there are a lot of factors that affect people's investment portfolios including likelihood that many people don't have an investment portfolio and/or they are not consciously figuring out how to best allocate it in a kind of active way.  many people are in debt up to their eyeballs and frequently don't really know the difference between consumption and investment and gambling, and sure I am not trying to be patronizing, but there are differences between what any of us might recommend people do and what they actually do, and probably people who participate in forums like this and threads like this one, are going to be a bit more active in terms of figuring out their investment portfolio and its allocations as compared to the population as a whole.

Even if you reframed it as "profit booking" we are still not talking about that here in this thread.  If you have a long term plan of buying BTC, then it likely is not going to matter if you continuously bought even at tops, because maybe some of the shorter term folks might have 4-10 years, but some of the longer term folks might have 15, 20, 30 or 40 years in which they are either accumulating and/or maybe getting int maintenance stage that either leads to liquidation or maybe when in maintenance stage for a while, then shaving off bitcoin here and there becomes one of the options and the person is not getting distracted by dollar nonsense of "booking profits" because all of his coins are profitable..

and yeah some of the BTC are more profitable than others, but why would it matter if s/he is shaving off 0.000001 BTC at a time when BTC prices might be in the 7 to 8 digit territory and most of his coins were gotten in the 4 digits and the lower 5 digits territory....and so maybe even some might end up getting sold in 6 digits rather than 7 or 8 digits, but still when we are looking at potential for magnitudes of BTC price moves within the timelines of some of the current BTC accumulators, why would s/he want to screw up his/her whole BTC accumulation by fucking around with taking profits in dollars when the whole weight of value may well end up hinging upon accumulating BTC and not running out of them too soon.
Do you really think others think of what you do or what you think maybe your general overview about bitcoin progression? This why most people doesn't care about their investment plans but rather what they think of is their profits as they want to utilize and maximized the profiting aspect of it rather than keep holding for a long term, even though most people here keeps yelling about the hodl hold we know that at the back when the price became much eyes appealing they might got tempteyand push out some of the fractions they felt is worth disposing at the cost of profit booking or profits utilizations.

There are a lot of people who think in terms of dollar profits and who make a lot of mistakes in the way that they invest that might end up causing them to become more nervous than they should be because they likely do not go through the process of sufficiently figuring out their BTC investment strategy in light of their personal circumstances, and so it can be more challenging in the earliest years of first getting involved in bitcoin and building a BTC investment portfolio.

Most people (in the ballpark of 99%) are not investing into bitcoin, so presumptively they don't know much if anything about bitcoin, otherwise we would have more people invested into it... and sure maybe part of the problem is that they are not invested into anything, except maybe their house (if they have one) and their retirement funds through their employer.. such as a 401k or equivalent (if they have one)

Yet we can't questions their choice of action and options since that is the real reason and motives they got associated with bitcoin, but yet are lacking the vision to know that holding for decades is where they would derived extremely joyous or profits but are subjected to have it coming slow as present of gift or kind of patients to watch while their increase and profits are being numerating as a subject of change in their capacity to hold for decades because that is their oversight overview of the future without having the long time projections towards their investments.

Sure many members of this forum are working in the direction of investing long term into bitcoin, but still we are likely a very small minority, and also even members of this forum get mixed up between bitcoin and shitcoins and trading and investing and so it sometimes can take a while to figure out some kind of a long term investing approach because many members might not even realize that they are wanting to get involved in long term investing and instead they may or may not figure that part out later.  I hate to try to generalize too much but I would presume that forum members are better overall than the general public in terms of both their planning and their putting their plans into action, but I doubt that it is very much different because even though many people should be able to understand and employ basic and regular investing techniques, even forum members are sometimes going to want to attempt to play the cycles of getting in and out and sometimes just making mistakes of not adequately having their finances sufficiently together and having to sell some or all of their bitcoin (if they ended up accumulating some) at a time that is not exactly of their own choosing.

Even if you decides to present a whole lot of btc to such people or person they can be still tempted to disposal it at the cost of little changes to the difference in dollars while still are holding same values in btc, since 1.1btc still remains 1.1btc but has been subjected to change in dollars value which at present could worth $33k plus but can not bear the watching while draining gradually in dollars, that is why most people do not care how much units of bitcoin they are holding rather dollars equivalent are being driven to forcefully disposed their bitcoin at cheaper rate at the cost of profit booking or maximisation.

You are not wrong about any of this, and frequently there are needs to diversify into other assets classes and to change your allocations, and so I am not sure if I like the term profit booking, even though it amounts to a similar thing, but it starts to seem like trading if the only other asset that someone holds is dollars (or fiat), so if they are reallocating based on price movements that can be healthy even thought it might not necessarily be a good idea to retain only two assets in your investment portfolio, especially as you become more and more wealthy... and surely if some people cannot see themselves buying property, stocks, bonds, commodities and maybe other forms of cash (cash equivalents), then they might start to think that the ONLY way to diversify is into shitcoins..

And, these matters of diversification (or reallocation) are not bad problems to have (because it may well mean that your networth is going up and you are trying to figure out the extent to which you might either have too much exposure in some areas and not enough exposure in other areas).. and I like to think of the matters of having too much assets in terms of your goals that could be something like getting to fuck you status (which would be 20x to 30x the size of your annual income.. .

so probably getting that first year of your annual income saved up takes the longest, and it could take 7-15 years if you are investing 8% to 15% of your annual income just to get to the amount of one year's annual income worth of savings, and so we imagine with bitcoin that the process might get shortened and also there is potential for the amounts to get higher quicker.  so sure, some folks are going to already start to feel nervous about their investment when they start to get into the 20% to 50% of their annual income,

and I am not even going to try to judge for someone else, but there are ways to attempt to figure out your approach towards ongoingly investing into bitcoin and perhaps in other asset classes in ways so that you are able to lessen your sense of dread about your BTC holdings becoming too large in terms of what other kinds of assets that you hold, and you are likely going to be in a tougher position if you do not diversify, and I am surely not talking about diversifying into shitcoins, even though some people might feel that they don't have other investment assets available to them... so maybe shitcoins might end up serving some kind of a diversification role for some people, even though i still think that it is probably better to try to stick to more traditional asset classes (namely property, stocks, bonds, commodities and cash equivalents.. not shitcoins).. but everyone will have to decide for themselves whether to diversify and how to do it in order to feel less anxious about having too much value in one asset (namely bitcoin).

Another thing that I would like to suggest, just to supplement my earlier point, is that I was not a brand new investor when I came to bitcoin since when I got into bitcoin, I already had more than 20 years investing and building my investment portfolio, so likely the ONLY reason that I could pretty much establish my BTC position in a few years is because I already had a pretty well established and diversified investment portfolio.
You have a unique way of mapping out the pattern of investment, you have really done well for yourself with the effort you put on your investment diversification and just like you said you have 20 years of investment,

My point was not so much about potentially being smart from having experiences in investing, but I was largely suggesting that when I came to BTC, I already had more than 20 years building my investment portfolio, and I am not even necessarily suggesting that my various investments performed well prior to getting into bitcoin, and even my bitcoin investment took more than 3 years before it really started to show profits and also to bring up the value of the rest of my investments (and my investment portfolio overall).   So now I can proclaim to have more than 30 years in terms of investing and building my investment portfolio, but ONLY almost 10 of those years involved bitcoin.. and I do think that I learned quite a lot from being in bitcoin, but at the same time, I had modified my BTC price performance in such a way that I did not really expect the portion that I was putting into bitcoin to necessarily outperform my other investments, and largely my other investments have mostly been performing right around 5.5% per year (on average),

so when I got into bitcoin in late 2013, I hoped for better performance on average, but I was willing to take the risk that the bitcoin portion might end up going to zero and might end up dragging down my overall investment portfolio, but instead bitcoin ended up bolstering my whole investment portfolio which was largely causing it to have really outstanding average returns.. I have not calculated it exactly, but likely my overal portfolio ended up going into the 30% to 40% per year returns because of my having had added bitcoin.. and surely we know that all of the years were not positive, but looking at how bitcoin performed from late 2013 to present, we can see great performance, but also, I made several mistakes along the way too..but even with the mistakes, the bitcoin portion end up dragging up the performance of the overall investment portfolio to way higher levels.. and it seems that overall the non-bitocin portion of my investment portfolio continued to largely perform at its historical rates of around 5.5% per year.

perhaps it will be very easy for an investor with such portfolio to meet any targeted amounts of Bitcoin you want to accumulate using lump sum,

I did not lump sum too much.   I did do some front loading, but I put most of my initial investment into bitcoin over the 1st year, so at first I did not really know what my target was except that I had created a 6 months budget (allowance) for myself and once the first 6 months expired, I extended a similar budget for the second 6 months, and by the time the second six months was close to running out (which was at the end of 2014), I realized that I had largely gotten to about a 10% allocation into bitcoin as compared to the other assets in my investment portfolio, and I thought that 10% was a reasonable amount to have in BTC, except we know what the BTC price did for 2015 and even 2016, which largely contributed to my continuing to mostly invest into BTC using forms of DCA throughout 2015... which got me to right around 13.5% in BTC... which I considered to feel was over-allocated, but at the same time, since the BTC price largely went from $250 to $19666 between August 2015 and December 2017, my allocation in bitcoin as compared with my other investments went from around 13.5% to 80%-ish and then dropped back down to 45%-ish and still bounced around and so an overwhelming explanation for my allocations increasing into bitcoin came from BTC price appreciation rather than from my having had put more value into BTC which I did not do so much of that putting more value into BTC after 2015..

but I still did put some more value into BTC from time to time, but mostly after 2015 and even more so after 2016, I had started to feel that I was more transitioning into BTC maintenance practices rather than BTC accumulation practices.. even though there was some mixing of various strategies, even though my sense of mostly being in a kind of maintenance status did grow after 2015 and became stronger with each year thereafter, even in spite of some of some of the BTC price fluctuations, I did not feel that I was really falling out of a kind of maintenance status because even if you think about the matter, and maybe we might concede that my average cost per BTC might have been right around $1k (after some mistakes), the BTC price went nearly 20x above my average costs and then still remained 3x above that even with the worst of the price dips, and so it becomes somewhat easy to calculate that if someone might have had felt that  they had enough BTC in late 2014, but still ended up acquiring more, in 2015 and 2016, so then there were not really any feelings of not having enough at later dates if the overall strategy was maintenance and not fucking around with overly selling, so even some sells that might have brought down the quantity of my BTC, those sells were not so high as to really cause me to have to worry about having enough BTC and/or recognizing that my overall BTC had stayed largely in various degrees of profits using around a $1k per BTC cost estimate.

for example if the normal accumulation target was for 10 years to get some amounts of Bitcoin using DCA, perhaps you can lump sum to reduce the targeted years because of the price fluctuations so by buying at ones will be the best,

Actually, when I got into bitcoin, I was hoping that my BTC holdings would come close to matching the value of some of the assets in my overall investment portfolio, so probably I would have more than been willing to continue to invest into BTC on a regular basis and even DCA if the BTC price stayed down, and so then maybe after 10 years or maybe a bit more, then my BTC might come close to matching the size of the rest of my portfolio, but partially based on my having had gotten to 10% in late 2014 and then just slowly adding throughout 2015, I had not really felt any urgency to try to accumulate a lot more BTC, but just to continue to buy slowly.. yet once the BTC prices started shooting up a little in late 2015 and then even more in 2016 and then even more in 2017, I felt that I had to change some of my thinking because through BTC's price appreciation, my BTC investment had gotten close to matching all of the other investments by early 2017 and then ended up quite surpassing them and even the corrections in 2018, 2019 and 2020 kept my BTC performance in the ballpark of matching all of the other assets in my portfolio and even going quite beyond expectations so that a lifetime's price performance ended up happening in a way shorter period.. so then I would not feel bad by minimizing any of the extra value that I ended up bring into BTC, especially after 2016.  

so Having a diversified investment with a good portfolio is what every investors would wish for because you can easily meet your targeted amounts of Bitcoin needed in a space of time and could also help you to have an investment to fall back on if the other one fails.

It is not necessarily easy to figure out where to have value, especially if you think about March 2020 when almost everything was crashing at the same time, but bitcoin did end up recovering better than a lot of those other assets, even though some people got sucked into selling their BTC during that time.   .. but bitcoin ended up recovering way better than everything else, and so those of us who mostly hung onto our BTC during early 2020 and even later, have been greatly rewarded for maintaining that bitcoin allocation.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Abbatty

Activity: 141
Merit: 64

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 08:11:43 AM

I personally believe it is best to get your shit in order in regards to bitcoin first.  Why fuck around with shitcoins, except maybe up to 10% of your bitcoin size, but even then if you invest in shitcoins, you are distracting yourself and you are diluting your bitcoin financials.
I have heard of cases where all these shit coins skyrocket and people made alot of money from them for a certain period due to certain reasons which influenced them but the truth is they lack consistency and unlike bitcoin in the long run they will always fail people. And if people are not wise enough to know the right time to exit the investment they will still end up losing all their gains and probably their investment as well. Just as tou mentioned shitcoins are distractions that are just reducing your bitcoin finances.

So understanding all these things I don't no why most people will still choose to invest on shitcoins, or maybe perhaps just like you said @Jay maybe they see shitcoins as a get rich quick that's why most persons chose it.
I would just advise people to shy away from shitcoins because they are the ones with higher disadvantages and higher possibility of being exposed to scam. Alot of scam will happen during the upcoming bull run and most fake companies are preparing ahead of how to attack people. Rug pull scam is common with shitcoins and other types of scam you can think of so instead of risking your money to invest in these coins it’s more safer to invest in bitcoin instead.
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 10:01:13 AM

It wouldn't be a crime or taboo if bitcoin is part of the asset that you can will to your child.
How you pass Bitcoin to your next generation is entirely up to you. You should make arrangements so that someone in your family can take your bitcoins in your absence if you die. Now you just need to focus more on buying and holding your bitcoins for a long time. If you only think about how you will get your Bitcoins to your family after you die or what will happen to your investments when you die, you will never be able to invest and keep those investments for long. If you already have an investment then congratulations you have done the right thing and if you are planning to invest in Bitcoin then you are welcome you must invest in Bitcoin now and hold that investment for as long as possible. None of us know when people die, our life is like a bet. Since there is no guarantee in life, there is no point in worrying so much. Keep going and keep investing in Bitcoin. Maybe you will see that God has kept you alive for a long time and you will get the benefits of your investment for a long time.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Ziskinberg

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636

For campaign management look for Little Mouse!

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 12:17:09 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I would just advise people to shy away from shitcoins because they are the ones with higher disadvantages and higher possibility of being exposed to scam. Alot of scam will happen during the upcoming bull run and most fake companies are preparing ahead of how to attack people. Rug pull scam is common with shitcoins and other types of scam you can think of so instead of risking your money to invest in these coins it’s more safer to invest in bitcoin instead.

You can make a memo on that to remind people about shitcoins,

It's like pure gambling, a scam, or a Ponzi scheme. When you get in, you have a chance to make a profit, but it's too risky and not good for the overall market because these so-called 'shitcoins' are ruining the reputation of crypto. The only thing that's real and has stood the test of time is Bitcoin. Now that Bitcoin is slowly rising and has already hit $30k, if I'm not mistaken, if this bullish trend continues, I'm sure more 'shitcoins' will keep emerging in various projects, disguising themselves. So, we need to educate ourselves about this. It's easy to learn if we aren't greedy, and we don't fall for those offers that promise quick profits.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Raflesia

Activity: 2324
Merit: 565

_""""Duelbits""""_

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 01:21:43 PM

Do you really think others think of what you do or what you think maybe your general overview about bitcoin progression? This why most people doesn't care about their investment plans but rather what they think of is their profits as they want to utilize and maximized the profiting aspect of it rather than keep holding for a long term, even though most people here keeps yelling about the hodl hold we know that at the back when the price became much eyes appealing they might got tempteyand push out some of the fractions they felt is worth disposing at the cost of profit booking or profits utilizations.
This is precisely what is a mistake because how is it possible when we want profit but do not see for sure and do not know what strategy we want to do because in the end it all comes back to strategy if we really want to have optimal profit and it would be very stupid when we want to bring profit but do not have any strategy that we will do.
As for when we say we don't want to hold profits and maximize for the long term, the context should be changed because it is not an investment but trading and we should be aware that trading will be very much more risky than investing.

Yet we can't questions their choice of action and options since that is the real reason and motives they got associated with bitcoin, but yet are lacking the vision to know that holding for decades is where they would derived extremely joyous or profits but are subjected to have it coming slow as present of gift or kind of patients to watch while their increase and profits are being numerating as a subject of change in their capacity to hold for decades because that is their oversight overview of the future without having the long time projections towards their investments.
Indeed, we will not know about the future and what benefits will be obtained when holding bitcoin for a long time, for example in the next 5-10 years but in the end we also have a condition where we have clear data and progressives from the journey of bitcoin in the previous decade since they were created, they have always been excellent and the prospects are quite good so even though we don't know what will happen in the future but of course trying will be much better than just staying silent because we know the risks must be like that so that with the hope and confidence we have in btc in the future this makes a condition where we remain confident and will continue to try until the target we want is achieved.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Roseline492

Activity: 280
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 01:44:55 PM

Most beginners seeing Bitcoin at $29,747 today, the first thing that may likely come to there mind is that they should have invested all the money they have and rip the profits.

But however it would have been one the greatest mistake because in as much we no that Bitcoin is of a lot potential doesn't mean someone should invest everything they have.

So this diagram explains the disadvantage of greedy investors that has a little amounts on there portfolio and trying to decide if they will invest all and believing it will yield profits, without knowing that they are stepping on a wrong direction, so is better for an investors that has a little capital to keep on standing still on accumulating a bit by bit in other remain on the market.

Source: https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/investment-portfolio-bitcoin-crypto-currency-buy-2034867677

Odohu

Activity: 378
Merit: 340

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 03:47:20 PM

Most beginners seeing Bitcoin at $29,747 today, the first thing that may likely come to there mind is that they should have invested all the money they have and rip the profits.
This is true especially those that knew when it was $16k and lower prices. Another thing is when they notice that the market have been moving up consistently for days now, they might be tempted to just put in money, make profit and then get out. Indeed, there is no difference between this and gambling. They often finally make the decision when Bitcoin is about to retrace and that is where the pain comes in intensely.

There are also many skeptics that do check the price of Bitcoin once in a while to know if they should be happy they refused to invest in Bitcoin. When the price goes lower they celebrate their supposed wisdom but when the price rises, there is this regret and pain they feel that they will never share with anyone. I knew this because I have seen few of them.

We are happy to have a thread like this one where various methods of Bitcoin accumulation have been discussed with emphasis on the DCA method that is suitable for majority of the people.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Onyeeze

Activity: 504
Merit: 154

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 04:10:14 PM

But however it would have been one the greatest mistake because in as much we no that Bitcoin is of a lot potential doesn't mean someone should invest everything they have.
Investment of Bitcoin is something of plan and I believe that bitcoin investment have to do with plans and you can't because of bitcoin just increase and you began to have a remorse over not to invest in time. A newbie for bitcoin investment is newbie, actually the appropriate time to invest in bitcoin is when the price is in dip and whenever it increases you will make profit, so therefore, theirs no time someone invested in bitcoin that is not appropriate time, but it's unfair that someone invest in bitcoin because of the price is increasing in the market,  I think its unethical to investors

Essential10

Activity: 308
Merit: 91

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 04:29:05 PM

Investment of Bitcoin is something of plan and I believe that bitcoin investment have to do with plans and you can't because of bitcoin just increase and you began to have a remorse over not to invest in time. A newbie for bitcoin investment is newbie, actually the appropriate time to invest in bitcoin is when the price is in dip and whenever it increases you will make profit, so therefore, theirs no time someone invested in bitcoin that is not appropriate time, but it's unfair that someone invest in bitcoin because of the price is increasing in the market,  I think its unethical to investors
There must be prior planning to do such a big thing like investment where no small work is done without planning. Investments are already considered risky so planning ahead is definitely required to hold the investment for long term. Everyone comes to know about Bitcoin through Cryptocurrency but I came to know about Cryptocurrency through Bitcoin. There are some media in our country who always give bad name to Bitcoin and I first came to know about Bitcoin in one of their bad name reports. The reporter was presenting this report on Bitcoin in a derogatory tone but the aspects of Bitcoin didn't seem like a derogatory one instead I got curious to know about Bitcoin and I found enough information about Bitcoin by browsing various places online. After getting a rough idea about bitcoin I came to know about investment and since then I wanted to invest and I already got enough knowledge about investment but I didn't invest till now because I don't have money to invest. Even if my investment dream doesn't come true I will soon realize my investment dream and my first investment will be Bitcoin and I will hold my first investment for a long time. I plan to not only hold my investment for a long time but also earn money in other ways and invest that money regularly in Bitcoins.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
ajiz138

Activity: 1498
Merit: 785

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 06:44:46 PM

Thinking like that, what they think is short term, buying at $26K and selling at $30K.
Actually, there is nothing wrong with what they want, but I think what is more relevant is that in the long term we will see how Bitcoin grows and see about the portfolio they have.

If someone spends all their money on Bitcoin, the burden will increase, what about their living needs, have they been met? Moreover, you have to pay attention to cash flow, so I don't think this is a big mistake, but rather that they don't manage the distribution of investments well.

I think everything must be able to balance investment and other needs.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Ruttoshi

Activity: 322
Merit: 274

Baba God Noni

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 07:35:32 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2023, 07:53:39 PM by Ruttoshi

This is true especially those that knew when it was $16k and lower prices. Another thing is when they notice that the market have been moving up consistently for days now, they might be tempted to just put in money, make profit and then get out. Indeed, there is no difference between this and gambling. They often finally make the decision when Bitcoin is about to retrace and that is where the pain comes in intensely.

There are also many skeptics that do check the price of Bitcoin once in a while to know if they should be happy they refused to invest in Bitcoin. When the price goes lower they celebrate their supposed wisdom but when the price rises, there is this regret and pain they feel that they will never share with anyone. I knew this because I have seen few of them.

We are happy to have a thread like this one where various methods of Bitcoin accumulation have been discussed with emphasis on the DCA method that is suitable for majority of the people.
Seeing the price of bitcoin moved up to 29k+, gives me joy that my bitcoin portfolio will increase with time as long as I am on a long term cruise. This has also motivated me to continue with my regular DCA because this is the only way I can rest be assured that I am investing the right way that I will reap from bitcoin investment in future regardless the price of bitcoin at any given time. We shouldn't bother about those panic traders who think that they are smart with bitcoin price movement to make profit when they are only chasing shadows. We should concentrate on accumulating more bitcoin to fill up our bags during this period because I still see this price as an opportunity to keep buying with regular DCA, as we are no more new on the benefit that awaits long term hodlers, if you can be patience and believe in bitcoin by discipling yourself with regular buying. Bitcoin has proven that she is the future gold.

Investment of Bitcoin is something of plan and I believe that bitcoin investment have to do with plans and you can't because of bitcoin just increase and you began to have a remorse over not to invest in time. A newbie for bitcoin investment is newbie, actually the appropriate time to invest in bitcoin is when the price is in dip and whenever it increases you will make profit, so therefore, theirs no time someone invested in bitcoin that is not appropriate time, but it's unfair that someone invest in bitcoin because of the price is increasing in the market,  I think its unethical to investors
Newbies shouldn't wait for the dip before they can invest but let them go ahead and buy bitcoin now with the money that they can afford to loss, so that if their faith is not strong yet, they wouldn't panic and sell of their bitcoin when the price goes below their entry point. This is why the DCA method that one can assign 10% or 5% of his weekly or monthly income to buy is recommended for newbies, in order for them to be able to be increasing their bitcoin portfolio instead of been stagnant with the bitcoin investment. Buying at the dip is hard to time and that is why it is not advisable for any one to follow some approach in his bitcoin journey. Just imagine some people that thought that bitcoin price will go lower than 25k+ and didn't buy then, they will be regretting now but when you DCA regular, you will have no regret at all as long as you are on a long term goal, because as time passes on the value of bitcoin increases.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
danadc

Activity: 966
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 08:34:43 PM

Thinking like that, what they think is short term, buying at $26K and selling at $30K.
Actually, there is nothing wrong with what they want, but I think what is more relevant is that in the long term we will see how Bitcoin grows and see about the portfolio they have.

If someone spends all their money on Bitcoin, the burden will increase, what about their living needs, have they been met? Moreover, you have to pay attention to cash flow, so I don't think this is a big mistake, but rather that they don't manage the distribution of investments well.

I think everything must be able to balance investment and other needs.

It's very good what you can do with that short profit margin, but if you can wait longer you can reach $40k without a problem, and this can generate more results that are much better, because I don't know much about analysis Tencio, that's why I like to review the articles that are more efficient, and this can indicate to me that the price of bitcoin can reach $40 this year and that is something that could be demonstrated very well, I only see the model S2F and it is enough for me, I believe in that model and for me there is no other model like it, everything will be fulfilled, only that by 2024 I want to see the price more than 100K USD.

Those who bought at $26k can wait a little longer because it is expected that it could exceed $30k, which can be very productive, and this does refer to buying in the dip.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 206

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 10:13:52 PM

So this diagram explains the disadvantage of greedy investors that has a little amounts on there portfolio and trying to decide if they will invest all and believing it will yield profits, without knowing that they are stepping on a wrong direction, so is better for an investors that has a little capital to keep on standing still on accumulating a bit by bit in other remain on the market.

Source: https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/investment-portfolio-bitcoin-crypto-currency-buy-2034867677
On a matter of fact, we all are prompt to making choices the way it suits us. The choice is ours but it will be very unreasonable to make such a decision because there is always  unforseen circumstances that we never expect to happen, that is the reason for emergency funds. Where else funds is not being managed before making investments then there is always greater chance of altering investment plan just for the short term and little profit.

Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 177

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 10:40:36 PM

Panic sellers, in my view, are individuals who sell because they're afraid of potential price drops.
I have noticed that the number of panic sellers are steadily on the decline, maybe the fud about Bitcoin being a bubble, and bla bla bla are all dying. People are now waking up to reality that Bitcoin have come to stay. Recent findings shows that a lot of Bitcoin are stashed in various wallets and not being traded frequently.  This shows that Hodlers are seriously on the rise.... this is expected though because Bitcoin have proven to be resilient and reliable.
I agree with you on this because when Bitcoin dipped to $16k on January 01, 2023, some people were waiting for the price of Bitcoin to dip even more, but Bitcoin has shown everyone that it can withstand the test of time. So, people have no choice but to adopt Bitcoin and buy it at any opportunity they see, and hodl. I believe this coming bull run many people will regret not buying Bitcoin when they have had the opportunity to do so. Already Bitcoin is getting set to do another marvelous thing again.

Salahmu

Activity: 406
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2023, 11:02:53 PM

Honestly this thread has really been of a great help to us especially on my Bitcoin investment journey, however just like they said information is power before I came here I had no good strategy on accumulating Bitcoin and I had no knowledge about DCA and the only strategy that comes to my mind then is Lump sum and it affected my Bitcoin accumulation because I used all I had that time to buy Bitcoin and later on I ran out of funds and it affected me seriously then.

But coming here became a game changer for me and I was able to learn different strategies I never new existed, so this thread is like a school of thought were we can learn different accumulatimg strategy from each other but however all thanks to @Jay who has been really of a great help to everyone here through his wonderful ideas that will guide us on our Bitcoin journey.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 414 »
  Print  

Jump to: