Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:04:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S17+ S9k/SE T17 S17/Pro DR5 B7 Others All Overclock per chip and Voltage Control  (Read 10181 times)
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:44:27 AM

Hello chipless,

What is the current status of this firmware and are you still working on it?

The status is the fw is working and yes I am still working on it. In fact I am finishing up the ability to choose any voltage from 260mv to 1000mv or higher if your brave. I will also be adding the same for the frequency. You will be able to select any freq from 260m to 825m+. You wont be restricted to just a specific freq selection.

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dizzyDancer1995

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:04:20 PM

Good evening everyone! I have just signed up here, I am not so awared of crypto, but really interested in mining as a passive income. Could you suggest a right place to have a consultation and buy equipment? Thanks
I can help you, you wanna know where to buy equipment or how to start and what are requirements? As I have started mining 2 years ago, have some experience
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:12:40 PM

ah cute. two bot's replying to each other (bobbafeet2k19 and dizzydancer1995). Go through their post history -- some of them are the exact same texts.

-j

dizzyDancer1995

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:29:11 PM

Good evening everyone! I have just signed up here, I am not so awared of crypto, but really interested in mining as a passive income. Could you suggest a right place to have a consultation and buy equipment? Thanks
I can help you, you wanna know where to buy equipment or how to start and what are requirements? As I have started mining 2 years ago, have some experience
You are from US? I know all basic staff about the necessity of cheap power, etc. I have all the conditions. I just can not choose the best pick up regarding the equipment and how to deploy it
I have buy from Asicequipment com regulary, have chatted with some other guys who bought from this store, but different models. Model strongly depends on your goals and possibilities. Now I am considering S17 56 TH/s
I wanna mine Bitcoin basically, do guys at asicequipment com have something for suitable for BTC mining? Ot it is all suitable?
Yes, for example T17 antiminer, powerful machine as described on their website take a look yourself or call them. I have called the office before purchase. Office placed in NY. Herr is the direct link: asicequipment.com/product/antminer-t17-40th-s/
dizzyDancer1995

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:36:36 PM

NY is good, but I live in EU. So that's the point or they are international company?
They are situated in NY but have free worldwide shipping on all orders. Aren't there any options in EU?
dizzyDancer1995

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:43:51 PM

NY is good, but I live in EU. So that's the point or they are international company?
They are situated in NY but have free worldwide shipping on all orders. Aren't there any options in EU?
Unfortunately, no decent options. So that's why I am looking for a worldwide option. I'll call them and get back to you
Sure, waiting your decision. I can share how they work when shipping and debugging
chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 12:44:46 AM

Nothing but a sales bot.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 09:12:53 PM

Now Available Z11 v2.1 Chipless Nitrous - Provides Nicehash Support OC/UC and OV/UV full support!!!

Average Speeds as high as 161 k/sol @806m with peaks as high as 192 k/sol .....Gain +4% in speed. PM for purchase details.

Now you can choose any voltage or any frequency you want... Public version is limited to 775m any voltage and private version is fully unlocked for any voltage and any frequency

Superman2236

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 11:24:31 AM

Hi.
I have z11 and firmware 2.1 freeware. But i cant ajust voltage and any frequency and fan. On firmware 2.0 a have same problems.
Its avelabe only in full version?
what standart voltage for 775mHz?
I have power consumption 1800W and PSU 2400W.
Minerbunker

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 03:44:49 PM

Hi Chipless,

Have a couple of questions.

1.- Does this firmware solve the rejection problem in nicehash?
2.- Whats the average speed with the default OC settings? In Ksol/s
3.- Is the firmware source code unlocked? I want to use it but of course I will have my programer check the code to see if it is safe.
4.- You say there is no Dev-fee, so you don't have control at all over the firmware once we install right?
5.- How do  you benefit from making and distributing this firmware?

Best regards. Grin

chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 09:25:06 PM

Hi.
I have z11 and firmware 2.1 freeware. But i cant ajust voltage and any frequency and fan. On firmware 2.0 a have same problems.

775 could run at about 900-920mv. The fan is always in auto with the latest version because it is based on the latest bitmain release which fixes the NH issues. I am going to release a non NH version later tonight or tomorrow which should fix some other issues also.

The freq and voltage is set if it doesnt take the first time click save settings again. I have had a couple reports that some z11's are acting funny with it. I am looking into it today to see why some it is fine and others it is not setting correctly

chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 09:29:54 PM

Hi Chipless,

Have a couple of questions.

1.- Does this firmware solve the rejection problem in nicehash?
2.- Whats the average speed with the default OC settings? In Ksol/s
3.- Is the firmware source code unlocked? I want to use it but of course I will have my programer check the code to see if it is safe.
4.- You say there is no Dev-fee, so you don't have control at all over the firmware once we install right?
5.- How do  you benefit from making and distributing this firmware?

Best regards. Grin

Yes it fixes the NH reject issues
I run mine at 800m 1volt and get 158-160k
Yes the code is unlocked. All mods are done directly to the cgminer binary
No I dont have any control over the miner.
No dev fee no hidden backdoors nothing like that just plain old patched cgminer

I benefit only from donations and sales. Otherwise I like to do this as a hobby and to mod my own stuff so I know it is safe from dev fees and other hidden things others put in their images.

dimaz_ldv

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 01:22:03 PM

Hi.

775 could run at about 900-920mv. The fan is always in auto with the latest version because it is based on the latest bitmain release which fixes the NH issues. I am going to release a non NH version later tonight or tomorrow which should fix some other issues also.

The freq and voltage is set if it doesnt take the first time click save settings again. I have had a couple reports that some z11's are acting funny with it. I am looking into it today to see why some it is fine and others it is not setting correctly

Hi. Have some Z11 miners with Chipless Firmware 2.1. (Before it was 2.0 and same effect).
Any settings in frequency and voltage didn't work, but wrote to config file.
Maybe it is need to restart "cgminer" from ssh shell? Or maybe upgrade cgminer?
Power consumption is 1800 and it is much higher than 1500 in standart bitmain firmware.
Where is the problem?!

Miner Type   Antminer Z11 Chipless Free
Hardware Version   9.0.0.5
Kernel Version   Linux 4.6.0-xilinx-gff8137b-dirty #22 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 22 12:25:44 CST 2017
File System Version   Sat Jul 6 23:34:47 CST 2019 (Chipless v2.1 Free Version - Buy Private for Higher Mhz. Freq selections)
CGminer Version   4.9.0

Frequencies and voltage settings are saved, but not effect on hash and power consumption:
root@antMiner-1:/# cat /config/cgminer.conf
{
"pools" : [
]
"api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-groups" : "A:stats:pools:devs:summary:version",
"api-allow" : "A:0/0,W:*",
"bitmain-use-vil" : true,
"bitmain-freq" : "775",
"bitmain-voltage" : "900"
}

AntMiner
Chain#   ASIC#   Frequency   Ksols/S(RT)   HW   Temp(PCB)   Temp(Chip)   ASIC status
1   3   731   51.77   0   59   79   ooo
2   3   731   43.25   0   60   82   ooo
3   3   731   39.32   0   60   83   ooo
chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 06:51:50 PM

Hi.

Hi. Have some Z11 miners with Chipless Firmware 2.1. (Before it was 2.0 and same effect).
Any settings in frequency and voltage didn't work, but wrote to config file.
Maybe it is need to restart "cgminer" from ssh shell? Or maybe upgrade cgminer?
Power consumption is 1800 and it is much higher than 1500 in standart bitmain firmware.
Where is the problem?!

Miner Type   Antminer Z11 Chipless Free
Hardware Version   9.0.0.5
Kernel Version   Linux 4.6.0-xilinx-gff8137b-dirty #22 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 22 12:25:44 CST 2017
File System Version   Sat Jul 6 23:34:47 CST 2019 (Chipless v2.1 Free Version - Buy Private for Higher Mhz. Freq selections)
CGminer Version   4.9.0

Frequencies and voltage settings are saved, but not effect on hash and power consumption:
root@antMiner-1:/# cat /config/cgminer.conf
{
"pools" : [
]
"api-listen" : true,
"api-network" : true,
"api-groups" : "A:stats:pools:devs:summary:version",
"api-allow" : "A:0/0,W:*",
"bitmain-use-vil" : true,
"bitmain-freq" : "775",
"bitmain-voltage" : "900"
}

AntMiner
Chain#   ASIC#   Frequency   Ksols/S(RT)   HW   Temp(PCB)   Temp(Chip)   ASIC status
1   3   731   51.77   0   59   79   ooo
2   3   731   43.25   0   60   82   ooo
3   3   731   39.32   0   60   83   ooo

If you can post the contents of the cgboot and voltage files located in the config folder it will give me a better idea of what is going on. Minus your wallet id

Looks like it jumped back into a different freq mode. I had another have a issue where is was going inot scan mode when it shouldnt and set the freq different. The bug is being looked into. I so far havent been able to duplicate the issue and will keep looking into it. It may be a a timing issue as to the cgminer restarting after applying setting and will be testing some things today to see if it fixes the problem.

efudd

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 07:43:17 PM

chipless - microcontroller saves previous voltage/frequency state in certain situations, which might begin to explain some of what you are seeing. It can serve to fool one into thinking that they've got control of freq/voltage, and then "not work" the next time around.

For Z11, the bitmain-voltage setting in the config file is *not* connected to voltage setting in their cgminer, nor is bitmain-freq connected to the frequency setting in their cgminer.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 08:40:48 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2019, 09:01:37 PM by chipless

chipless - microcontroller saves previous voltage/frequency state in certain situations, which might begin to explain some of what you are seeing. It can serve to fool one into thinking that they've got control of freq/voltage, and then "not work" the next time around.

For Z11, the bitmain-voltage setting in the config file is *not* connected to voltage setting in their cgminer, nor is bitmain-freq connected to the frequency setting in their cgminer.

-j

Understand, the files and setting are still being used by my mods in a different way. I am wondering though if the boot.bin file needs to be updated on some miners. The 6/05 had a new boot.bin with it. My miners have been updated with it but i left it out of the package until I compare them. I havent compared them yet but will have to look in a minute. Most miners it is ok except a couple of them. I also may have to redo a few things to trigger the pic write that helped on older versions.

I have one where I did relinked the chip_freq.config but cant seem to get the format correct in it. It reads and tries to select the freq but ends up back at 681 due to the file format

efudd

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 09:32:26 PM

-j

Understand, the files and setting are still being used by my mods in a different way. I am wondering though if the boot.bin file needs to be updated on some miners. The 6/05 had a new boot.bin with it. My miners have been updated with it but i left it out of the package until I compare them. I havent compared them yet but will have to look in a minute. Most miners it is ok except a couple of them. I also may have to redo a few things to trigger the pic write that helped on older versions.

I have one where I did relinked the chip_freq.config but cant seem to get the format correct in it. It reads and tries to select the freq but ends up back at 681 due to the file format

Highly likely that it ends up back at 681 because of an autotune thread, not the format.

BOOT.bin is not what you think it is if you think that helps with setting freq/voltage. It has absolutely nothing to do with the ASIC/PIC and is literally just about booting the FPGA/linux.

Anyway, enough of me being helpful for today, back to my corner.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 10:14:36 PM

That is what I figured on the boot.bin file. That is why I had left it out.

I get an open chips-freq.config open file failed message in the log. I have been playing with it for fun. I use part of the auto-tune and if the numbers arent in the right order for checking then you get 33k-100k at any freq. I just redid the file and am testing it.

efudd

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 10:47:21 PM

I get an open chips-freq.config open file failed message in the log. I have been playing with it for fun. I use part of the auto-tune and if the numbers arent in the right order for checking then you get 33k-100k at any freq. I just redid the file and am testing it.

I’ve told you the format of that file a few times now.... and all it does is save the previously tested autotune state. Aka, auto tune is still the controlling factor and decides what to set the frequency to, not the user.

-j

chipless (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 11:17:31 PM

I’ve told you the format of that file a few times now.... and all it does is save the previously tested autotune state. Aka, auto tune is still the controlling factor and decides what to set the frequency to, not the user.

-j

I tried the 0 750 1 750 2 750 you posted as well as other ways and same crap every time. I have an idea how I want to use it if I can get it working. If not no big deal.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: