Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:17:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin wallet need this function - Payment Callback  (Read 466 times)
zenchew (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 07:49:53 PM

I don't think it is a good idea.Because if This method is applied then there will be more chances of getting scammed.And also bitcoin will be more negative to people.Bitcoin had a problem with transaction speed which is recovering by Segwit and others.So, i don't think bitcoin has to improve in any area of it now.       

By automatically confirming your invoice through bitcoin payment in your own application will increase chance to being scammed? Which means everytime you use credit card / paypal you are scammed because the merchant know you have successfully paid the amount? How does a callback function has to do with transaction speed, it will callback to your system the moment the amount is paid no matter it is 0s or 10min or 1day.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 03:38:11 PM

~
Currently using 1% fee callback API, I believed this simple function can be implemented at wallet level without even the need of 3rd party API to do it, that's why I started this thread.

I guess https://docs.btcpayserver.org/#how-it-works is what you need, zero fees, and no 3rd party intermediary. It requires some code though if you can't do it on your own I suggest hiring someone professional to the job.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 05:26:00 PM

There are already many services that support payment callback to integrate to your website for online checkout with bitcoin like coinpayments, but the biggest problem are their high fees and slow confirmation.
zenchew (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 04:14:35 AM

~
Currently using 1% fee callback API, I believed this simple function can be implemented at wallet level without even the need of 3rd party API to do it, that's why I started this thread.

I guess https://docs.btcpayserver.org/#how-it-works is what you need, zero fees, and no 3rd party intermediary. It requires some code though if you can't do it on your own I suggest hiring someone professional to the job.

my question for btcpay :

1. downloading 200gb of blockchain file to any small-medium vps for business is not feasible, maybe a huge business like amazon might doable.

2. how does btcpay know you have paid the address and how does it callback your server when the said amount is paid? (maybe I didnt read the doc clearly, but cant find any nor in their code as well)
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 07:15:17 AM

"callback" is a very bad choice of words since as you can see people are already confusing it with "chargeback" which is impossible with bitcoin. you should have used the term "Payment Notification" instead.

and for that it will come down to your needs. if it is a big business processing lots of transactions per day then you must run a full node on your own and the setup which is not even expensive does not matter since you are already processing a lot of transactions and need that kind of setup. and with a full node you get the "notifications" when you receive a payment, and you can have a lot of other functionalities by using the JSON-RPC commands of the full node and write the simplest code on top of it.

if it is a small business then pruned nodes or SPV wallets which will still give you the notification you need. and if you need more functionality you still can either code it yourself (paying a small fee to someone to do it on top of already open source clients) or open up an issue with the developers and ask the feature to be added. as it was mentioned Electrum already does this. when you subscribe to a server (listen on an open port) you will receive each time a transaction is received in any of your addresses with its transaction id, full bytes of it, the amount, the number of confirmation,....

there is always also the option of using third party payment processors which will add centralization and fees but it is something many merchants use specially if they dislike the volatility.

Only Bitcoin
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2019, 10:52:46 PM

I will be glad if this function is indeed done but then is it really possible. Anyway i know this issue must have crossed the minds of developers and if they payment callback function is really needed, they will in time add it. Lets just wait and watch events unfolds as the technology is still young, more to come.
antisocial77

Activity: 378
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 06:56:29 AM

There has to be third person-system for it.it can be like an escrow.but i agree with you, its necessary if we eant to use bitcoin for buy stuff

Silica NeXus                 
▄▄▄▄▄  Crowdfund the Nexus  ▄▄▄▄▄
bobsav2121

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 07:54:39 AM

I'm pretty sure these guys already do this with their wallet? https://www.blocpal.com
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

New features are not always good to implement and by the way, this is not a new feature. Was there when Bitcoin core released with their old version but then later it was removed as some vulnerabilities where found. So funny how you can get some third party apps to do that for you are you can just keep an eye I on whatever you are doing are sending transactions and think about not using this feature. but if you still think this feature is essential then you can request new wallet developers to add this and experiment how this should go.
zenchew (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 11:33:04 AM

I'm pretty sure these guys already do this with their wallet? https://www.blocpal.com

that wallet service charges 1% fee
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 03:29:49 PM

At first, I thought it was something like "to chargeback" or "reversal of a certain transaction". Since there are lots of incident due to hacking or incorrect sensing of Bitcoins, I thought someone has an idea to bring stolen BTC. While at the back of my mind, that should not be implemented because it will really do chaotic effects on the ledger.

Now, I think I got your point about the "callback". It is a "confirmation notification" from the destination node. I think it is easy and already exists. I don't think no one have thought of that before.
Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 11:10:53 PM

That is the worst idea I have ever heard about bitcoin. The whole point is that everything that happens on the blockchain is permanent and recorded forever.
Nothing wrong with accepting bitcoin as payment. I you use a payment proccessor you can withdraw to your bank or btc address or as you please. You keep the fiat value.
Or you can accept direct bitcoin if you believe in it. It will go up in years from now so what is the issue? Payment window is only 30min-60min and that is not very long to confirm a payment.
With a bank you need additional steps to fill in and you will sometimes need to email proof of payment which is the most annoying thing ever.

jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 11:52:55 PM

I don't think that is necessary for a normal human. They already have a lot of features where many features are already ignored. A callback feature is easily possible with many sites even blockchain API provides callback feature. and on top of all these, you can easily make a callback feature as you can easily detect if any transaction is incoming or not and if it has any confirmation or not. Not a priority feature right now.
Deallove9
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 06:12:18 AM

I dont see any reason to have a pay back system on bitcoin as the block can't be rewind , once mine then the result is final just need to be careful with how and when you send your coin to any one and should not in any way miss out for the purpose of receiving.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 06:22:37 AM

No this would do more harm than Good .
If people are able to call back payment anytime then the party getting paid will actually just stop receiving the payment in Bitcoins.
There are many flaws in this particular job , developers already would have involved it if it was reasonable enough.
You should understand this , if a payment is not successful it is already added in your wallet so this is good enough .
It would literally destroy any jobs related to bitcoins and people will start loosing trust.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
diahsw

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 08:52:41 AM

Accepting bitcoin as a merchant is never been that smooth other than its highly volatile prices and slow confirmation (1mb block size really?). Now try accepting bitcoin payment for customer to purchase your product/services is another big issue as well.

Bitcoin wallet (especially light wallet) need to have a proper callback function without downloading the whole pain in the ass 150 GB blockchain file into our VPS/server or relying on some 3rd party API like blockchain.info. Paypal/Mastercard/Visa has much better callback system than bitcoin system.

Do you support a light wallet to have callback function that will automatically call to your server whenever a payment is received, how much received, tx id, confirmation status using programming script in JSON format that works with Java/PHP?

Automatic Payment Callback JSON

Automatic callback function to your serverside script (http://127.0.0.1/myscript) without the need of cronjob or manually curl the wallet. So that your computer will automatically detect transaction and mark paid invoices.

Xpub Generate Payment Address (Exists in electrum merchant)
{
   "address": "38H49jK1uvm8dLgykM8LM2nSBN1eK24wj9",
   "index": 0
}

Unconfirmed TX
{
   "amount": 2000000,
   "txid" : "56d1cc5ec0a531b783680d880fd4b0a6bb62242162c1ead252bf2fc29c14e9d5",
   "status": "0"
}

Partially confirmed TX (1~2 confirmations)
{
   "status": "1"
}

Confirmed TX (>3 confirmations)
{
   "status": "2"
}

Related Article :

https://developer.coingate.com/docs/payment-callback

https://www.blockchain.com/api/api_receive

https://www.blockonomics.co/views/api.html

Pardon for my noobie programming skills, Im not from CS major Grin

Technology provides the inevitable birth of cryptocurrency, which aspires to be a means of transacting through digital forms. Many well-known E-commerce stores have agreed to cryptocurrency payment options, and the amount is increasing every week. The main pros including cryptocurrency can be removed to cancel because cryptocurrency payments cannot be changed. Consumers and traders alike like Bitcoin because of its anonymity. Bitcoin is a discovery with an interesting history and a promising future. Bitcoin decentralizes public ledger, namely Blockchain. build instant trust between parity without each other's prior knowledge. Virtual currencies that work on peer-to-peer networks offer many benefits compared to using a credit card.
Freedom in payment
Low transaction costs
Security
Speed
Global access
Blockonomics starts a watcher and blockexplorer wallet and its services enhance the functional wallet that you already have. And the goal is to keep trying to accept Bitcoin directly, whether you're making an invoice, accepting donations, or running an e-commerce store.

S T R A Y   ███  ANIMAL TOKEN - CHARITY AND INVESTMENTS
───── ─    BUY NOW       ─ ─────
WEBSITE     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     REDDIT     WHITEPAPER
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 09:47:15 PM

No this would do more harm than Good .
If people are able to call back payment anytime then the party getting paid will actually just stop receiving the payment in Bitcoins.
There are many flaws in this particular job , developers already would have involved it if it was reasonable enough.
You should understand this , if a payment is not successful it is already added in your wallet so this is good enough .
It would literally destroy any jobs related to bitcoins and people will start loosing trust.
Please please pretty please...
You are a senior member...
Please read back at least some posts on this page...
Those newbies and jr members who only read the title of the topic and don't read the posts here create similar posts like yours...
It's nothing about payment chargeback or  payment reversal or anything similar....
This payment callback is pretty different, please read a few posts back (at least 10) and you'll find it yourself...
So don't worry, no payment recall, no payment reversal, no chargeback.... this is just some programming stuff to have information about payments themselves...
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2019, 10:32:03 PM

Well i don't know the details, but i once sent coins to Bitpay from Electrum and immediately Electrum showed some sort of certificate. I'm sure this has a pretty name somewhere and quite documented, but if they can have that any merchant can. Thing is Bitpay knew immediately i was sending them coins without waiting for any confirmation (which is good as they have a 15min window).

It says "Payment request for BitPay invoice" and it shows a pretty icon with "View Invoice", this shows a Signature: Certificate, etc.

This all leads me to believe such thing already exists...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print