Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:10:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NK fires short range missile // escalating NK - US tensions  (Read 368 times)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 08:21:52 AM

Do you believe in NK media. I have read earlier that their state media broadcast  that their King is no earthly man and do not pass shit.
Did you believed in that shit story too?
The NK state media is obviously the same as what Kim Jung Un is saying.

In other words, Un is saying "we just tested a new weapon". This is something I would be concerned about
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 05:30:49 PM

The DPRK government does not act the same way the US government acts, not by a large margin. NK doesn't go to war, so it doesn't have to pretend it goes to great lengths to prevent civilian casualties. Wars, and military conflicts the DPRK has been involved in over the past century have had the goal of defending itself from American invasion and occupation...

It's well understood that the unprovoked war by NK on SK in 1950 had as its goal unifying Korea as one communist nation.

You are talking about a conflict that should have only been a civil conflict within Korea and not a world war where the US tries to dictate what happens on the other side of the world.  To state "unprovoked" so matter of factly makes me believe you have no bothered to look into the details.  I invite you to take a deeper, more precise look into the history for historical context.  I know most people won't care to learn about the detailed history of the situation (or they would have already?) but I will put it out here for you anyway.  

First, you need to learn about the People's republic of Korea, the first post-war government, established according to the will of the Korean people at the end of Japanese rule, and rejected by the US who wanted to control the fate of Korea themselves.  They placed South Korea under the authoritarian rule of an American general and suppressed the people's repubic.  
Appointed as military governor, Hodge directly controlled South Korea as head of the United States Army Military Government in Korea (USAMGIK 1945–48).[75] He attempted to establish control by restoring Japanese colonial administrators to power, but in the face of Korean protests quickly reversed this decision.[76] The USAMGIK refused to recognize the provisional government of the short-lived People's Republic of Korea (PRK) due to its suspected Communist sympathies.
In the South,  localized governing committees were outlawed and PRK political leaders were imprisoned, murdered or suppressed in some way.
The idea was not popular among Koreans and riots broke out.[62] To contain them, the USAMGIK banned strikes on 8 December 1945 and outlawed the PRK Revolutionary Government and the PRK People's Committees on 12 December 1945.[79] Following further large-scale civilian unrest,[80] the USAMGIK declared martial law.
more
The military governor Lieutenant-General John R. Hodge refused to recognize the PRK and its People's Committees, and outlawed it on 12 December.[4]:p.57 He later stated, "one of our missions was to break down this Communist government".[6]:p.202 On July 19, 1947, Lyuh Woon-hyung was assassinated by a right-wing Korean.[4]:p.65
The US mission was to assert its will in Korea and its right there in that quote.  The people did not want this.  You can't just skip over all of this and talk about the puppet regime.  

Meanwhile in the North...

When Soviet troops entered Pyongyang on August 24, 1945, they found a local People's Committee established there, led by veteran Christian nationalist Cho Man-sik.[4]:p.54–57 Unlike their American counterparts, the Soviet authorities recognized and worked with the People's Committees[5]:pp.105–107[6]:p.227–228 By some accounts, Cho Man-sik was the Soviet government's first choice to lead North Korea.

Up until 1950, there were still Koreans fighting for their country in the South, and the North knew this and wanted to liberate the South to unite the country.  Keep in mind, it was one Korea before the US divided it.   Kim Il Sung tried to peacefully unite the country through elections but puppet Rhee was not having it
On 7 June 1950, Kim Il-sung called for a Korea-wide election on 5–8 August 1950 and a consultative conference in Haeju on 15–17 June 1950. On 11 June, the North sent three diplomats to the South as a peace overture that Rhee rejected outright.[

Before calling the preemptive strike "unprovoked,  have to consider who Rhee was, how he came to power, and what is intentions were.
President Harry Truman installed Syngman Rhee as dictator. South Korea’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission recently estimated that Rhee killed from 100,000 to 200,000 political prisoners.

Rhee bragged about invading the North. “South Korea’s neurotic right-wing government leaders clamor stridently for United States help to ‘unify’ Korea — that is, for the South to conquer the North,” wrote Andrew Roth in the Nation magazine (Aug. 23, 1949).

Truman emissary John Foster Dulles went to South Korea five days before the war erupted. Dulles had been managing partner of Sullivan & Cromwell, the Rockefellers’ law firm and would become President Dwight Eisenhower’s secretary of state.

Dulles egged on Rhee, who had constantly launched attacks on the North. A half-billion dollars had been lavished on the South Korean puppet army and it was expected to roll over the North.
The US had no business intervening but the truth is that American capitalists were so butthurt about the "loss of china"  (as if china belonged to them in the first place) that they had to make an example of the next country that tried to control its own destiny.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_of_China
It sounds so absurd that if I didn't know any better, I'd think the notion was made up by anti-americans, but it really is an accurate portrayal of how US policy felt about a certain side winning a civil war on the other side of the planet.  

Since 1950 the difference in economic growth of the two Koreas is breathtaking.

You mean since 1976?  Another key detail you either didn't know or choose to omit in order to sound more convincing.  North Korea was more economically advanced than South Korea for 25 years and didn't stagnate until the 80s.  So many people form such strong opinions with so little information and without even bothering to look into context.

Actually I can and am ignoring your drivel and that is justified because I'm only looking at the economic picture.

A bit more of that, from the same reference.

North Korea operates under a tightly controlled command or planned economy, which is often labeled an unreformed dictatorial economy.

South Korea, which is a mixed economy, has seen significant growth, putting it in the top 20 countries by GDP in the world.

Some more interesting facts.

https://www.indexmundi.com/factbook/compare/south-korea.north-korea
Men live to average age 79 in NK, 66 in SK. Female 86 to 75. Infant mortality, SK 3.0/1000 NK 22/1000.
Severely underweight children < 5 years of age SK 0.7%, NK 15%

Got a few problems there with your commie paradise, buddy?
At least you admit to ignoring history.  No one said North Korea was wealthier than South Korea so its strange you are ONLY looking at something that isn't on-topic.   Even though you are ONLY looking at today's economic picture, you are completely disregarding how we arrived at that economic picture and how the economics evolved over time.

I would be proud of you if you could at least apply those same statistical categories to the US to analyze how the system here is inferior to that of the social democracies of Scandinavia but I'm sure you already have some sort of double standard prepared.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 12:00:32 AM

At least you admit to ignoring history.  No one said North Korea was wealthier than South Korea so its strange you are ONLY looking at something that isn't on-topic.   Even though you are ONLY looking at today's economic picture, you are completely disregarding how we arrived at that economic picture and how the economics evolved over time.

I would be proud of you if you could at least apply those same statistical categories to the US to analyze how the system here is inferior to that of the social democracies of Scandinavia but I'm sure you already have some sort of double standard prepared.

Its kind of weird reading a living contradiction personified in human form.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 01:25:24 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2019, 01:58:48 AM by Spendulus

At least you admit to ignoring history.  No one said North Korea was wealthier than South Korea so its strange you are ONLY looking at something that isn't on-topic.   Even though you are ONLY looking at today's economic picture, you are completely disregarding how we arrived at that economic picture and how the economics evolved over time.

It's unnecessary.

Trump has invited Rocket Boy to defuse tensions, told him to share in the wealth is possible, and given him a guarantee of protection.

Trump has outright told NK they can be as rich as SK, and US will help them get to that point.

That's what matters. The NOW. The path FORWARD.

And your anger is because it's not COMMUNIST.

And it never will be.
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:38:23 AM

The South Korea defense ministry has said that North Korea has fired a short range missile at 9:06 am local time
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:47:42 AM

At least you admit to ignoring history.  No one said North Korea was wealthier than South Korea so its strange you are ONLY looking at something that isn't on-topic.   Even though you are ONLY looking at today's economic picture, you are completely disregarding how we arrived at that economic picture and how the economics evolved over time.

It's unnecessary.

Trump has invited Rocket Boy to defuse tensions, told him to share in the wealth is possible, and given him a guarantee of protection.

Trump has outright told NK they can be as rich as SK, and US will help them get to that point.

And it never will be.
No I have no interest in what the path forward for Korea is.  My anger is that the US wants to dictate the path forward for people on the other side of the world so much that it is trying to extort them into not defending themselves..  I say that the path forward for Korea should be left to the people of Korea and should have always been.  And no one believes the US.  The US has no credibility.  Asks Libya how working with the US worked out.  Ask the native americans how treaties with the US worked out...
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206

🔰Buy/Sell Cryptocurrencies🔰

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 09:22:53 AM

Having a war is really the thing we have to always check because there is a lot of people that will be affected with it without even knowing it.
NK is a really have military strength focused country that is doing their best to develop their war capabilities.
Even if NK is a smaller country, it is so much strong with influence and character.
The US should consider them as well.
Trump must listen to Jared's advice as Jared is a genius person.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 08:27:55 PM

Do you believe in NK media. I have read earlier that their state media broadcast  that their King is no earthly man and do not pass shit.

Short range missiles are quite different than ICBMs. Rocket Boy may just be testing how far he can go before he provokes a reaction.

For example, suppose his goal was to denuclearize but perfect precision short range tactical rockets? He may think there is an export market for those.
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:55:19 AM

It's unnecessary.

And it never will be.
No I have no interest in what the path forward for Korea is.  My anger is that the US wants to dictate the path forward for people on the other side of the world so much that it is trying to extort them into not defending themselves..  I say that the path forward for Korea should be left to the people of Korea and should have always been.  And no one believes the US.  The US has no credibility.  Asks Libya how working with the US worked out.  Ask the native americans how treaties with the US worked out...
NK currently has “elections” but they are not real.

The current NK government has removed many basic freedoms from its people, such as freedom of speech, even among other citizens speaking 1:1. It also has millions of its citizens in what amounts to concentration camps that use forced labor, who were convicted of questionable crimes under questionable circumstances.

I can’t imagine how anyone could possibly think this is how the NK people want to live.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 05:21:40 AM

Short range missiles are quite different than ICBMs. Rocket Boy may just be testing how far he can go before he provokes a reaction.

For example, suppose his goal was to denuclearize but perfect precision short range tactical rockets? He may think there is an export market for those.

No doubt in the new as South Korea also confirmed their testing of missiles in sea of Japan.
On the side note, I also read that their current testing of short range missile is not in violation of their promises/treaty with USA.
might be they are impatient to get some aid now.

NK currently has “elections” but they are not real.

The current NK government has removed many basic freedoms from its people, such as freedom of speech, even among other citizens speaking 1:1. It also has millions of its citizens in what amounts to concentration camps that use forced labor, who were convicted of questionable crimes under questionable circumstances.

I can’t imagine how anyone could possibly think this is how the NK people want to live.

I find the situation sad. oppressor of fundamental rights is being invited and promised of rosy picture ahead.
No more coming good days for NK citizens.

I am alive
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 12:54:30 PM

Most likely what happens with NK is a gradual easing of tension and opening of trade and discussion, such as what happened with Russia, and completely separately with China.

Say over twenty years.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 11:58:46 PM

This will never come to an end. To show them powerful to the outer world the only possible way preferred by each and every country is to show the weapon power. North Korea does it without sticking to the terms that every country is subjected to follow.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: