Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:46:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2019-04-18] Corporate Traveller Now Accepts Bitcoin Payments  (Read 233 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 01:04:18 AM

I reckon the bitcoin news media should stop these misleading types of news articles about bitcoin's acceptance. The payments are processed by Bitpay and converted to fiat.

Corporate Traveller is not accepting bitcoin. It is using Bitpay's services to accept fiat.

Corporate Traveller, a subsidiary of the Flight Centre Group, has just announced that it will be accepting Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) due to increased demand from its clients.

Corporate Traveller is the UK’s largest business travel service and will be processing the cryptocurrency payments through BitPay. The payments will be converted to Pound sterling (GBP) and settled within two business days.

The company has said it sees the potential in blockchain technology and wants to be the first in their sector to integrate cryptocurrencies as payment.

Read in full https://beincrypto.com/corporate-traveller-now-accepts-bitcoin-payments-flight-centre-may-be-next/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 02:56:41 AM

i think it is not that misleading though. they surely accept bitcoin using bitpay gateway. if that can't be called as accepting bitcoin as payment system, then any merchant who use bitpay or something similar also can't be called as accepting bitcoin.

sure the bitcoin is converted to fiat asap, but customers still use bitcoin to pay them.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 08:35:28 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2019, 08:48:47 AM by Carlton Banks
Merited by BitHodler (1)

I reckon the bitcoin news media should stop these misleading types of news articles about bitcoin's acceptance. The payments are processed by Bitpay and converted to fiat.

Corporate Traveller is not accepting bitcoin. It is using Bitpay's services to accept fiat.

the amount of BTC that merchants convert to fiat is chosen by the merchant which use these payments companies

are you claiming to know the details of every BTC transaction this merchant will ever make, in the remaining entirety of space-time?

Vires in numeris
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 01:16:22 PM

That'll do me for now at least, though I do wish there was an alternative to Bitpay that wasn't hostile to the thing that allowed them to exist in the first place.

It's naive to expect most operations to go full BTC. The end vendor might be putting 1-2% on top of a supply chain that's pure fiat.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 07:16:31 PM
Merited by Mahanton (1)

Sure, but we can't expect a company to go from no bitcoin to full bitcoin and running their own node in a single step. Having to work out the infrastructure, logistics and staffing to host their own hot and cold wallets, payments, storage, conversion, customer refunds, relevant taxes, etc,. is a huge undertaking for a large company.

Companies starting to use payment processors is a necessary first step on the road to adoption. No company is going to go through all the above steps to find out that no one actually wants to pay in bitcoin. They'll use a payment processor first, and if there is a large enough demand, then hopefully they'll start to move towards directly accepting bitcoin.
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 08:48:02 PM

Sure, but we can't expect a company to go from no bitcoin to full bitcoin and running their own node in a single step. Having to work out the infrastructure, logistics and staffing to host their own hot and cold wallets, payments, storage, conversion, customer refunds, relevant taxes, etc,. is a huge undertaking for a large company.

Companies starting to use payment processors is a necessary first step on the road to adoption. No company is going to go through all the above steps to find out that no one actually wants to pay in bitcoin. They'll use a payment processor first, and if there is a large enough demand, then hopefully they'll start to move towards directly accepting bitcoin.
I complete agree to this point on where these big companies wont really be that careless on taking full adoption directly because they are just being dragged out by the hype on
using up crypto into their business.Everything would be done on a gradual way and most of them would really end up on using 3rd parties payment processors at first just
to test out waters if it do have a demand or not.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:06:40 PM

It still accepted as accepting BTC from their clients. If you prefer to cash out your BTC and pay fiat to them then its up to you. Its your option but for some would try out even with 3rd party. For the business people I guess they will just look at this as a marketing strategy just to get a pie from the crypto community which is getting bigger. Getting ahead from competitors is good so your competitor will look like a copy cat in the end once the competitors also start accepting BTC.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:16:59 PM

The problem I see here is that crypto related news media sites are always hungry for clicks and views that's why they tend to create misleading or clickbait-y headlines in order to get attention. That's not even one of the worst types of tactics created by these news sites some may even go as far as creating either a recycled or fake information in their article so that they continue to generate traffic. The only good thing I see about their article is they clarify it that they are accepting BTC payments through Bitpay which is a start.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:20:02 PM

The problem I see here is that crypto related news media sites are always hungry for clicks and views that's why they tend to create misleading or clickbait-y headlines in order to get attention. That's not even one of the worst types of tactics created by these news sites some may even go as far as creating either a recycled or fake information in their article so that they continue to generate traffic. The only good thing I see about their article is they clarify it that they are accepting BTC payments through Bitpay which is a start.

Everyone knows that almost all regular established businesses who take BTC will only be using it as a payment rail for USD. You'd have to be very dim to think it was any other way. You can pay for their services with Bitcoin and that's the bit that interests people. The back end can whistle for it.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:28:34 PM

What is your problem? This is merchant adoption regardless of how you look at it, and as said by Carlton Banks, merchants can choose to either hold a small portion, hold everything, or have it all instantly sold to fiat.

You can't possibly know what they will do with their coins, and even if the coins are sold to fiat instantly, merchants accepting Bitcoin one way or another doesn't change the fact that people can buy their goods with Bitcoin.

Be happy that merchants are willing to put that Bitcoin accepted logo on their site....

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 04:38:09 AM

the amount of BTC that merchants convert to fiat is chosen by the merchant which use these payments companies

are you claiming to know the details of every BTC transaction this merchant will ever make, in the remaining entirety of space-time?

No. I am claiming that the way the article is written is to hype bitcoin similar to what most of the bitcoin news media have been doing from bitcoin to altcoins to ICOs.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 10:17:21 AM

No. I am claiming that the way the article is written is to hype bitcoin similar to what most of the bitcoin news media have been doing from bitcoin to altcoins to ICOs.

I wouldn't really call it hype as such. It's news that informs Bitcoin users that their utility just increased a little bit. Growing merchant adoption is a pretty rare thing these days. Compare it to 2014 where it seemed like your cat would be accepting it before the year was out.
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 02:23:13 AM

@gentlemand. The title of the article is clickbait, I reckon. It might not be a hype article for bitcoin, however, it is a kind of promotion for Bitpay which might be their way to adverise their company from their expectations for the coming bitcoin craze phase.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 08:49:58 PM

The title of the article is clickbait, I reckon. It might not be a hype article for bitcoin, however, it is a kind of promotion for Bitpay which might be their way to adverise their company from their expectations for the coming bitcoin craze phase.

Can you name me one of the more recent articles that isn't clickbait one way or another?

It has been proven that articles with flashy titles attract more clicks than articles that don't have a flashy title. News outlets are businesses, so there is already the incentive for them to do it. It also comes down to how they optimize their titles and article content to improve their web ranking and searchability, so that's another incentive right there.

If you ran a business, you would also do everything to get the marketing aspect done the right way. I don't agree with it being a clickbait article, but I accept that you see it differently, and that's fine, but be at least open to look at the article from a different perspective (i.e. business perspective).
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:52:17 AM

@1Referee. That does not make their attempts to market their sites right by using clickbait titles and hype articles. I reckon it is close to unethical because they are supposed to be the bringer of news which should be composed of the facts.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 03:21:13 AM

I think the news is somewhat a marketing strategy of reaching out to BTC holders.
Corporate Traveler might also saw that BTC holders are a frequent traveler, so for ease conversation of BTC
they partnered with Bitpay for creating a fast and convenient payment facility. Both businesses win in the end.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 11:20:40 AM

@1Referee. That does not make their attempts to market their sites right by using clickbait titles and hype articles. I reckon it is close to unethical because they are supposed to be the bringer of news which should be composed of the facts.

Roll Eyes difficult to take you seriously

recently, you were whipping up FUD about "somthing bad" that's going to happen to Bitcoin.... in the year 2100

Vires in numeris
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 03:45:17 AM

@Carlton Banks. However, was it fud? Am I not allowed to question the monetary policy of bitcoin and open a discussion to argue that it might not be sustainable for the very longterm when all the coins are mined?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 06:07:09 AM

That does not make their attempts to market their sites right by using clickbait titles and hype articles. I reckon it is close to unethical because they are supposed to be the bringer of news which should be composed of the facts.

In a way it does, because you are donating traffic to them by posting an article that you consider clickbait, which you don't seem to like. In other words, their 'clickbait' articles do their job, and this will lead to news outlets releasing more of these articles instead of less.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 09:48:40 AM

That does not make their attempts to market their sites right by using clickbait titles and hype articles. I reckon it is close to unethical because they are supposed to be the bringer of news which should be composed of the facts.

In a way it does, because you are donating traffic to them by posting an article that you consider clickbait, which you don't seem to like. In other words, their 'clickbait' articles do their job, and this will lead to news outlets releasing more of these articles instead of less.

right

"I disapprove of unethical clikcbait, here's a link to some" Roll Eyes

Vires in numeris
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: