Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:10:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 126 weeks behind WALLET PROBLEM  (Read 1159 times)
Evoc (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:30:39 AM

Hi guys, I have downloaded the new bitcoin client 0.8.6 and it says 126 weeks behind where the synchronize bit is.
Stupidly, I had already sent a small amount of coin to the address in the wallet before seeing this 126weeks behind thing.
It has several confirmations on the blockchain but no sign in my wallet.

I don't know if I have done something wrong or what but any advice, I sure would be greatful.

Thanking you.
austin

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:47:23 AM

Hi guys, I have downloaded the new bitcoin client 0.8.6 and it says 126 weeks behind where the synchronize bit is.
Stupidly, I had already sent a small amount of coin to the address in the wallet before seeing this 126weeks behind thing.

I don't know if I have done something wrong or what but any advice, I sure would be greatful.

Thanking you.
Has the blockchain finished downloading?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3239

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:17:37 AM

The wallet will not see your transaction until it downloads the block containing it. That will take a while.

Has the blockchain finished downloading?

126 weeks to go means that there are still about 127,000 more blocks to be downloaded.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
austin

Activity: 584

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:30:09 AM

126 weeks to go means that there are still about 127,000 more blocks to be downloaded.
You're right. I just asked because he either hadn't waited for the entire blockchain to download, had been checking the wrong confirmed transaction or it was a different mistake. Smiley
Loophole

Activity: 619

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:55:15 AM

Thanking you.

Don't worry, your bitcoin is not lost.
The transaction will appear in your qt wallet when the initial sync is finished.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 01:01:55 PM

It's currently downloading the blockchain. It hasn't downloaded the record of that address receiving BTC thus it doesn't display it until it gets downloaded. Just wait till the sync finishes.

E.exchanger

Activity: 714

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:16:11 PM

I have the same problem in installing my litecoin wallet from litecoin.org, It was going all good but suddenly after about half an hour it stop updating and error shown was 'no block source available'
 i tried everything i can think and googled a lot about it but no luck so far !!! Huh Sad
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 09:18:30 PM

I have the same problem in installing my litecoin wallet from litecoin.org, It was going all good but suddenly after about half an hour it stop updating and error shown was 'no block source available'
 i tried everything i can think and googled a lot about it but no luck so far !!! Huh Sad
It probably means there just weren't other people connected to the Litecoin client. Or you might be having issues with your firewall. If it's the first case then you just have to wait until someone connects.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: