Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 09:38:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is this mystery deposit of AGES to my alt wallet (marked as spam)?  (Read 120 times)
eeh (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:09:46 AM

Questions: Does anyone have experience with "smart assets" or hopefully even finding out how to cash out of this token I received? Has anyone had a mystery deposit before?

I saw an alt trading in the top 50 on the app that I use. Didn't know much about them and decided to try their wallet (which offers a some features I thought I'd use). A deposit marked "AGES" dropped out of nowhere into my wallet a few days ago and then it was marked as spam.

I searched for the AGES name. Wallets, exchanges, etc. Couldn't (and still haven't) found a thing. Not an airdrop. Nothing. So I asked customer service for my wallet, and they said:

"You will not use the token for fraudulent purposes. You will not set a script on a smart asset that limits exchange transactions on Waves DEX by asset quantity."

I felt like they thought I was trying to scam them or something. Well, I didn't create the (*#&% thing, so there's that.

Anyway, here's the transaction (as proof I'm not trying to mislead anyone):

This is the transaction on the explorer: https://wavesexplorer.com/tx/5Z8Rz1nKuVAQuMLCruFYeuQzCLCgoWrQ9Bd45h6HoRAt

They even have a nice little motto that I tried to search for with no relevant results. I haven't seen it mentioned in the threads here either.

Any help would be appreciated.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3066
Merit: 602

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:28:14 AM

There's already the hint from the description.

"Marketing"

This sort of incident is popular to the community and I've seen another topic that might give you more info.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wavesplatform/comments/b25jew/ages_spam_token/

Rent this sig space so that BTC goes to $100k.
eeh (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:35:02 AM

You are brilliant! Thank you.

At least I'm not the only one. And I don't understand the point of taking all the time needed to create a token and then for it to just be a dead end. Seems pointless.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:36:49 AM

There are many Spam airdropped tokens on Waves. You won't see them in other exchanges nor has a standalone wallet. If you received one with "SPAM tag", just ignore it and don't bother to sell. Mostly you will get an error in contract or you need to buy first. You won't be sure if you can sell it after, so you should play safe. IGNORE THEM

eeh (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 12:38:43 AM

IGNORE THEM

Will do. That person on Reddit was even considering using their funds to burn the AGES tokens. Glad I avoided that too.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: