Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:13:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun stuff to do with bitcoin?  (Read 14474 times)
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 06:15:33 PM

I remember the first years of bitcoin's life. There were so many things to do and learn: mining, faucets, wallets, blockchain visualizations, etc.

Nowadays the bitcoin world is pretty boring: mining is for people with deep pockets, faucets don't exist anymore, wallets are getting centralized by big corporations (blockchain.com, coinbase, etc.).

Is there anything fun left to do with bitcoin, any specific application, website, app, anything that will make bitcoin fun and interesting again? Otherwise I just keep on holding and that's it.

Yeah it was really fun filling the captcha for faucets and get little reward, and we can earn as much as possible depends on our work.
Right now earning in crypto is purely luck sometimes we worked hard for nothing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 06:21:08 PM

I remember the first years of bitcoin's life. There were so many things to do and learn: mining, faucets, wallets, blockchain visualizations, etc.

Nowadays the bitcoin world is pretty boring: mining is for people with deep pockets, faucets don't exist anymore, wallets are getting centralized by big corporations (blockchain.com, coinbase, etc.).

Is there anything fun left to do with bitcoin, any specific application, website, app, anything that will make bitcoin fun and interesting again? Otherwise I just keep on holding and that's it.

Yeah it was really fun filling the captcha for faucets and get little reward, and we can earn as much as possible depends on our work.
Right now earning in crypto is purely luck sometimes we worked hard for nothing

Yes there are lot fun to do with bitcoin like mining, faucets, wbtc wallet which allows us to transact anywhere  using mobile app as well hence there are lot more to do with bitcoin.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
roosbit

Activity: 891
Merit: 43

Random coins :)

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 06:22:08 PM

Happy to have been part of this era, guess we need to get creative once again.

Miss those bounties of hidden btc in a puzzle...those where on another level

I guess anything decentralized is usually shut down in the name of control and it seems all services are leaning towards centralization
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 07:54:20 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2019, 08:13:59 PM by Mpamaegbu

Those things aren't even fun things except you're a tech kind of guy. For me, they're confusing when newly introduced. I remember how frustrating it was for me trying to get something as flimsy as a wallet address a few years ago. It was in this forum that I got it sorted out. Now that experience seems laughable. I think Bitcoin has sped past those teething stage and most newcomers don't even see it as an issue except to acquire and hodl now.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:09:51 PM

All the study options you cite are aimed only at enrichment. But even now there are many interesting things in cryptocurrency that can be studied.I don't even know what To offer you because I'm at a loss.Even sitting on the forum you can find a lot of things useful and interesting.Do not be discouraged.Despondency leads to deep depression.

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
secone

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:33:10 AM

the thing that makes bitcoin fun is that you can still take a vacation and make any kind of payment when going on vacation without having bother to exchange the currency of your home country to the currency of your destination where your vacationing country supports the payment system using bitcoin. And in some Southeast Asian states, bitcoin payments start to appear when vacation
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:42:43 AM

the thing that makes bitcoin fun is that you can still take a vacation and make any kind of payment when going on vacation without having bother to exchange the currency of your home country to the currency of your destination where your vacationing country supports the payment system using bitcoin. And in some Southeast Asian states, bitcoin payments start to appear when vacation

And as the Bitcoin infrastructure continues growing and we will be able to make more payments have more places not only online but also in person and it will happen before the year 2030 mark my words because Bitcoin is unstoppable
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:48:53 AM

The most found that I've had with Bitcoin is probably dr. Well, I actually can't think of a single thing because there's so many good memories that I've had with Bitcoin but probably my most fondest memory of all is just spending Bitcoin to buy things in the first place because it's such a revolutionary way to spend money where we don't have to submit to the will of third parties who try to control us.
mopap

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:59:14 AM

Best thing to do with BTC: Buy some... wait a while... make millions... it's huge fun.  Grin
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:59:25 AM

The fun fact with bitcoin is that your House members and even your wife thinks it as a fraud scheme and you still believe on it and make profit with it. When the odds are against you and still you end u as a winner then what more can be more fun than this. Wink
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 04:33:17 AM

Everything still exist. It's just that it is not noisy as of the moment. For sure many are still on their Bitcoin and crypto stuff until today.
When I started here, I have witnessed the crowd due to the drastic increase in crypto value, people only joins the party when they talk about good value. Sad to say but it is true.
Fun? I got into faucets before, it was quite fun but not profitable in my opinion, I also tried some gambling sites, same. I guess, there is some fun, but when you lose, there will be nothing left but regrets.
marycrazy08

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

Peace and love

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 06:57:15 AM

haha last year i got into bitcoin gambling, too bad. dont do that. i lost a lot of money.
gleilsonsilva

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 01:39:08 PM

well, I still do not understand much of the crypto industry, especially if we talk about trade, but why are they always trying to make fun of it?
onchoys

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 01:45:09 PM

well, I still do not understand much of the crypto industry, especially if we talk about trade, but why are they always trying to make fun of it?
it is convenient - to hide your own incompetence
uspetike

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 01:49:06 PM

If want to learn more about trading, go to the taklimakan. there are good materials to deal with everything
superbotolo (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 01:52:19 PM

I see that many users suggested me to gamble or trade. I understand that this might be fun for someone but to me it's not really fun in term of discovering and doing something new related to bitcoin. I could just gamble or trade with real money, no difference.

Fun stuff was mining with USB dongles on my Mac (when this made sense), buying my first little mining machine (I think it was one of the products branded Butterfly-something), using the first multi-currency mining pools and discovering all those alt-coins, testing the first websites that allowed users to authenticate documents by placing a hash on the blockchain, renting mining power from cex.io, buying my first bitcoin from a guy at a coffee shop through localbitcoins, etc.

Nowadays it's just having a recurring buy on coinbase and checking prices once in a while. No way to mine, no way to play with little transfers, I can't even install Bitcoin Core on my computer because I don't have 250 GB of free space on a performing HD (I tried to do this on a normal HD and it was incredibly slow).
ditrore

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 01:55:14 PM

the problem of noobs, that you don’t know something, and in wanting to quickly get the benefit without making an effort.
uspetike

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 02:02:13 PM

the problem of noobs, that you don’t know something, and in wanting to quickly get the benefit without making an effort.

therefore knowledge must be paid for. Join the platform if you are willing to share experiences, because they pay for it
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 11:54:02 PM

Just buy and Hold, that's simpliest and the wisest thing to do now. It's not boring since you could expect something in the near future, you might not realize how valuable your holding now but the future will surely make you realize that it's worth holding. Knowing that the community is ever growing and rich investors are intervening, there is no way the price will go to the moon. So while the price is affordable, just buy and hold.
TimeBits

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 03:42:41 AM

faucets don't exist anymore? There is like 100`s of them, here is the best paying one I found atm, that you can get 4 altcoins from and cash

www.bitswift.cash click "item mine" for the altcoins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: