Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:01:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Humanity at risk of Tribalism and is cryptocurrency a viable solution?  (Read 148 times)
raymondspeaks (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 11:05:57 AM

Okay, so let's put some context on this:

I've been watching the USA Politics for a while now. I live in the UK. I see a lot of what's happening over there seep over into our shores too. Particularly with the politicising of identity and the crazy ravines between two-party leaderships. I've always been left of centre. Dems would probably these days call me a sexist racist, and some republicans would probably call me a loony lefty. Truth be told I'm more centre ground and like ideas from both parties.

Because I'm central I seem less and less able to connect with either party on any sort of issue. The more I discuss one topic then it's assumed that if I don't agree with the person I'm discussing it with then I'm obviously from "the other side." It's forcing a lot of us centralists to pick sides when usually we wouldn't. Alas, I'm sticking to my normal left-of-centre beliefs. I won't let anyone dictate to me what I should think or what I should believe.

Now I've been hanging in crypto communities for a looong time now. I may be Jr Member but don't let that fool you into how long I've been around in this sphere. As I've said before. I like to read, rather than chat. This is changing though now that I'm beginning to spearhead my own projects. That being said I've met people from all over the world in all denominations and party affiliates from all backgrounds - and the beautiful thing is that in most communities I have been in we don't let our Politics divide us. We have goals - and I firmly believe that which connects us is far more powerful than what divides us. I love that in crypto we all share a powerful goal. Decentralisation and the destabilisation of centralisation.

Thoughts, anyone? Smiley

Fast 1% Dice ░ Rakeback 🔶 YOLOdice.com 🔶 Competitions ░ Exchange (https://yolodice.com/r?Po8A-2GPc)
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 11:55:16 AM

What things you want to remove from current political system? All major problems that we have did not come because of centralization.

Is Humanity at risk of Tribalism and is cryptocurrency a viable solution? 
Cryptocurrency is a currency / payment system / commodity or however you wanna call it. But that changes did you want to achieve by using another currency? With the same threat to modern monetary system you can start buying another fiat currency (like indian rupi) while leaving in UK. Blockchain did not provice any super new solution.
Any governmental changes due to the blockchain are also less likely to happen. For example in US we see a huge bureaucratic machine in charge of the country, it will not replace itself just because there is such thing like blockchain.

raymondspeaks (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:00:05 PM

Oh definitely. Governments have been trying since it made its first climb to $1000 to remove it. Banks have too, but to no success.

But if you look at Facebook and twitter and all the major social media outlets they still keep us centralised in our little country-friendly groups, with our little Political echo chambers.

Crypto is different. I sit on a few discords with people from Panama, Venezuela, Nigeria, etc, all sorts -- people from countries I'd have a hard time connecting with previously.

Fast 1% Dice ░ Rakeback 🔶 YOLOdice.com 🔶 Competitions ░ Exchange (https://yolodice.com/r?Po8A-2GPc)
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:15:10 PM

They do say "those who fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it". The last few survivors of both world wars are gradually dying off right now and people tend to forget the lessons of the past. Unfortunately populist leaders like Trump, Erdogan, Jinping, etc. signal that we are back in dangerous times. Even more so, the planet is warming up and heat tends to turn people irrationally angry.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:33:49 PM

Yes, I also very much admire the fact that cryptocurrencies unite all mankind.And it turns out we are all people who have the same goals and no one has a reason for hatred or enmity.
raymondspeaks (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 01:50:09 PM

They do say "those who fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it". The last few survivors of both world wars are gradually dying off right now and people tend to forget the lessons of the past. Unfortunately populist leaders like Trump, Erdogan, Jinping, etc. signal that we are back in dangerous times. Even more so, the planet is warming up and heat tends to turn people irrationally angry.

Yep! If you look at the far left they are currently trying to silence people from certain things. You know who else did that? Germany, 1930's-1940's, Communist Russia, China, AND North Korea.

My dad hated global warming. He was high up in the Nuclear Gas industry. I think he was biased and a bit brainwashed. His salary was over 100k per year. Of course you're going to be scared of losing that lol

raymondspeaks (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 01:50:40 PM

Yes, I also very much admire the fact that cryptocurrencies unite all mankind.And it turns out we are all people who have the same goals and no one has a reason for hatred or enmity.

Preach, brother, preach Smiley

sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 08:56:38 PM

You should have checked the point of view of a normal person in the U.S and not focuses on the broadcasts of the media. It is so much different. Tribalism is something we can consider as our instinct and was our origins. We're like wolves that were raised to follow the hierarchy, leadership, tribalism. However, even though people, in general, are getting used to it and accepted it, some also prefer to be alone.

Cryptocurrency could be a solution but it won't solve all the problems and would only solve the financial industry. We can't tell if it would really happen but to solve the major problem globally, we have to restore things.
raymondspeaks (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 09:16:19 PM

You should have checked the point of view of a normal person in the U.S and not focuses on the broadcasts of the media. It is so much different. Tribalism is something we can consider as our instinct and was our origins. We're like wolves that were raised to follow the hierarchy, leadership, tribalism. However, even though people, in general, are getting used to it and accepted it, some also prefer to be alone.

Cryptocurrency could be a solution but it won't solve all the problems and would only solve the financial industry. We can't tell if it would really happen but to solve the major problem globally, we have to restore things.

I'd have to disagree with you there my friend. Crypto isn't just financial. With the scope of ICO's I've seen out there and the problems they plan to solve we've infiltrated almost every industry there is. Apart from perhaps car mechanics! I haven't seen that yet.

I've always believed crypto was a viable solution to tyrannical centralised governments. Look at the US. I hear you guys can't fart the wrong way without documenting your crypto trades to the authorities. KYC is just a step in a long line of procedures of stripping away anonymity and keeping us chained to our masters. But.. let's see what the future has in store for us. Perhaps there will be other counter-measures Smiley

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 10:44:41 PM

Okay, so let's put some context on this:

I've been watching the USA Politics for a while now. I live in the UK. I see a lot of what's happening over there seep over into our shores too. Particularly with the politicising of identity and the crazy ravines between two-party leaderships. I've always been left of centre. Dems would probably these days call me a sexist racist, and some republicans would probably call me a loony lefty. Truth be told I'm more centre ground and like ideas from both parties.

Because I'm central I seem less and less able to connect with either party on any sort of issue. The more I discuss one topic then it's assumed that if I don't agree with the person I'm discussing it with then I'm obviously from "the other side." It's forcing a lot of us centralists to pick sides when usually we wouldn't. Alas, I'm sticking to my normal left-of-centre beliefs. I won't let anyone dictate to me what I should think or what I should believe.

Now I've been hanging in crypto communities for a looong time now. I may be Jr Member but don't let that fool you into how long I've been around in this sphere. As I've said before. I like to read, rather than chat. This is changing though now that I'm beginning to spearhead my own projects. That being said I've met people from all over the world in all denominations and party affiliates from all backgrounds - and the beautiful thing is that in most communities I have been in we don't let our Politics divide us. We have goals - and I firmly believe that which connects us is far more powerful than what divides us. I love that in crypto we all share a powerful goal. Decentralisation and the destabilisation of centralisation.

Thoughts, anyone? Smiley

cryptocurrency is causing the tribalism, once the us american and euro humanistic banking cartels collapse, tribalism will effectivly be unavoidable.

its not stopable, tribalism in jugoslavia started with the end of the jugoslavian central bank

regards

TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 07:46:49 AM

I think this "tribalism" you are speaking of is more a backlash against unbridled globalization that some see as destroying their livelihood and culture. Just look at the US.

I don't think crypto will provide any solution or change the situation. At the end of the day it's just money.
raymondspeaks (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 09:40:04 AM

I think this "tribalism" you are speaking of is more a backlash against unbridled globalization that some see as destroying their livelihood and culture. Just look at the US.

I don't think crypto will provide any solution or change the situation. At the end of the day it's just money.

Crypto isn't just money my friend. I think you need to go back and read Satoshi Nakomoto's whitepaper on Bitcoin lol

okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 10:12:06 AM

Crypto is a community of same set of mindset that is freedom and decentralization this is the only thing we are pursuing in the community, our idea is different from that of the rest of the society. In cryptocurrency no body care about your religion, tribes or political affiliation all we are after is how to get total freedom from the oppressive regime.
raymondspeaks (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 10:40:01 AM

Crypto is a community of same set of mindset that is freedom and decentralization this is the only thing we are pursuing in the community, our idea is different from that of the rest of the society. In cryptocurrency no body care about your religion, tribes or political affiliation all we are after is how to get total freedom from the oppressive regime.

I agree with this. This is what I've found too.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: