March 13, 2014, 04:06:20 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2015, 06:24:53 AM by Pepijn

-
gogodr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:23:00 AM

I am looking to buy unused/spare  Hero Member ID & Pass ( bitcointalk forum) . PM me your offer.
:/ buying hero status, a mod should be aware of this. This is extremely suspicious.
just sayin'
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:25:56 AM

DONATE button for that in the forum navigation bar on top. 50 BTC should get you what you want Wink
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:30:11 AM

I am looking to buy unused/spare  Hero Member ID & Pass ( bitcointalk forum) . PM me your offer.
:/ buying hero status, a mod should be aware of this. This is extremely suspicious.
just sayin'

While I don't condone it, it has been allowed in the recent past.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:56:08 AM

just sayin'

While I don't condone it, it has been allowed in the recent past.
[/quote

seriously?

that is so suspicious.

There is no way it should be allowed, people trust long standing members and this would open up massive scam opportunities.

BINTEX

Powered by,
C.Steven

Activity: 633

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:04:54 AM

It is suspicious, but KWH is right, the action of buying/selling forum accounts is allowed here.

Btw, you should not trust a person just because he has been active or is a hero member.
The account could have been hacked, or have been sold, or simply the owner have turned to the dark side.

Tradefortress is a VIP (donated 50btc to bitcointalk), and has gone with 4000+ btc.
John K was a mod, and has been MIA for 2 months now.

studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:30:09 AM

It is suspicious, but KWH is right, the action of buying/selling forum accounts is allowed here.

Btw, you should not trust a person just because he has been active or is a hero member.
The account could have been hacked, or have been sold, or simply the owner have turned to the dark side.

Tradefortress is a VIP (donated 50btc to bitcointalk), and has gone with 4000+ btc.

I agree but people look at peoples trust and make decisions based on it.

Obviously if the owner of the account is not the person that built up that trust it is worthless.

BINTEX

Powered by,
princecash

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Joined primedice 18-02-2014/249 posts

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:37:37 AM

If this type of transactions continues bitcoin talk will loose credibility, because scammers can buy sr member account and do anything with it.

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:18:42 AM

If this type of transactions continues bitcoin talk will loose credibility, because scammers can buy sr member account and do anything with it.

The mods have already said that while they do not condone it, they aren't banning it for the sheer reason that even if it was banned it would still be quite easily possible to sell accounts without much knowledge of the mods/staff. So they allow it so that it's easier to be transparent and know who is doing what.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:01:31 PM

50btc for donator sign?
wasn't 50btc when bitcoin price was very low?
they didn't changed that lol

EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:28:54 PM

At least don't let him get it cheap, guys!  Grin

varunsin

Activity: 376

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:02:44 PM

50btc for donator sign?

who would have thought by 2014 BTC would touch the $1K mark
Tongue
Buziss

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:26:26 PM

50btc for donator sign?

who would have thought by 2014 BTC would touch the $1K mark
Tongue

+1
Otherwise, why would someone donate 50btc for "VIP" tag, and pay 10000btc for a pizza Tongue

gogodr

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:03:19 PM

The mods have already said that while they do not condone it, they aren't banning it for the sheer reason that even if it was banned it would still be quite easily possible to sell accounts without much knowledge of the mods/staff. So they allow it so that it's easier to be transparent and know who is doing what.
that's dumb, it is easy to know when an account has changed owner if you have access to the server.
you can make an IP log and make an automatic system that judges if an account usage location has changed or not. (a very simple neural network could do this easily)
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:30:13 PM

I didn't realize John K is gone now.  Darn, I was going to use him for escrow.  Is there any other reputable escrow people active?

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:35:29 PM

Maidak provides a great escrow service. I've used him in the past for a few trades.

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 06:42:36 PM

Now this is shocking, if someone with reputation of mods or VIP can do that I don't understand whom to trust, even trusting members with Good +trust rating is not safe because People are selling trust here, how low it will go from there..!!!!!!!! Thank god i have good connections outside this forum too..! There are few members I came across on this forum who are very genuine and I respect them , but if someone with VIP status can turn into a scammer[only if thats true] its very hard to trust anyone.

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:30:29 PM

that's dumb, it is easy to know when an account has changed owner if you have access to the server.
you can make an IP log and make an automatic system that judges if an account usage location has changed or not. (a very simple neural network could do this easily)

IP logs don't really work because some people like to remain anonymous and will open this via Tor/VPN. If they get a different IP every time how would you know if it is a different person. Anyways, I'm not the person who sets the rules, go talk to theymos.
DeoxyBit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:22:13 AM

i wouldn reccomend
StuffSneak

Activity: 405

Strive for Success

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:25:44 AM

How can hero account would be unused?
And how about all you people stick to topic instead of offtopic talk.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: