Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:04:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freewallet delaying refunding(Solved)  (Read 223 times)
kingplaya4 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 07:03:51 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2019, 10:35:35 PM by kingplaya4

I've tried to be patient, but it's been over a week and they refuse to give me a timetable for any return of funds and they have ignored my latest email. I tried to exchange 1.89 btc for BAT tokens. The transaction hung for hours and I guessed they probably didn't have any access to the tokens so I emailed them that they could just refund my BTC, figuring the exchange could easily be cancelled and my BTC returned.

They emailed me that it had to be done manually and this could take days. Well, it's been days and no action that I see has been taken. I told them in subsequent emails I would be happy either with return of BTC or the BAT tokens I ordered.

Edit: They are currently working on return of coins which apparently were sent to a different eth wallet. While I wish they had been more proactive without constant pushing, the worst I can say at this point is service can be slow when a mistake is made, but this might be industry standard. I will update with how long the entire process takes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 11:48:52 PM

Please follow this format for your scam report.

Code:
[b][color=black]What happened:: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Scammers Profile Link: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Reference Link: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Amount Scammed: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Payment Method: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Proof of Payment: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]PM/Chat Logs: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Additional Notes: [/color][/b]

There are lots of exchange that accept btc/bat or vice versa, but why freewallet? While there are lots of unresolved scam accusation against this wallet.

You can try to PM this user https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1177176 as its one of the exchange's rep on this forum.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 04:15:07 AM

I guess you're looking for a quick exchange without using any centralized exchange. After some little browsing, it seems that they use Changelly for this exchange purpose (https://freewallet.org/exchange). So you should protest to Changelly I suppose.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kingplaya4 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 10:47:44 AM

I have contacted the Freewallet team member on here. Thanks for the information on Changelly, but I'm not sure freewallet would appreciate me going around them on this. I would hope they have already contacted Changelly and me doing so might just further confuse the issue.

I will let the community know the result of everything and how long it takes. Thanks for those who messaged.
kingplaya4 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 11:21:20 AM

Just to update- I did receive a response to my last email that they are "already working on it" and they want a screenshot of the transaction. Unfortunately the hash has now expired, so I will continue to update on this thread the entire process of refunding in case others either have already used the wallet or wish to use the exchange function. If you do use the wallet, I would currently recommend only exchanging to the main tokens they list, even though other eth tokens will pop up.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 12:10:30 PM

Just to update- I did receive a response to my last email that they are "already working on it" and they want a screenshot of the transaction. Unfortunately the hash has now expired,
~
Hash is:7ca986aa6b436714584dc230de7f345f97337b24263a27cb1da3aa054754e14a
which hash has expired? the one you posted in the OP?
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/7ca986aa6b436714584dc230de7f345f97337b24263a27cb1da3aa054754e14a
why would they need a screenshot? couldn't they just check it in their own system?
it's a custodial wallet (you don't own/have privkeys), isn't it? so they probably keep logs of everything on their server

Murat

Activity: 2156
Merit: 711

Telegram @tokensfund

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 12:20:07 PM

This is such a shame though I haven't heard of freewallet yet. why you choose to use them when there is some reputable DEX. I would recommend using Airswap where you own your own money. It's kinda sketchy why they would ask for screenshot as they can already see in their system. They could ask for sign message but yet they choose to ask screenshot where any can fake a screenshot. 1.89BTC is over $10000 USD I would always do proper research before I use a site with that much money. I feel sorry for you & I hope you get your money back. 

I tried to search on google and I came up with this thread. Freewallet is Scam - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047087.0

Freewallet

Activity: 552
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 01:41:46 PM

Just to update- I did receive a response to my last email that they are "already working on it" and they want a screenshot of the transaction. Unfortunately the hash has now expired, so I will continue to update on this thread the entire process of refunding in case others either have already used the wallet or wish to use the exchange function. If you do use the wallet, I would currently recommend only exchanging to the main tokens they list, even though other eth tokens will pop up.

Dear David,

Your case is being worked on and is our high priority. We will be updating you via email as soon as we have more info. Thank you for understanding!

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
kingplaya4 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:50:33 PM

Yes, the freewallet member on here got the ball rolling and I hope to have this situation resolved in the near future. Thank you again.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 03:32:39 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2019, 07:40:23 AM by Freewallet

This is such a shame though I haven't heard of freewallet yet. why you choose to use them when there is some reputable DEX. I would recommend using Airswap where you own your own money. It's kinda sketchy why they would ask for screenshot as they can already see in their system. They could ask for sign message but yet they choose to ask screenshot where any can fake a screenshot. 1.89BTC is over $10000 USD I would always do proper research before I use a site with that much money. I feel sorry for you & I hope you get your money back.  

I tried to search on google and I came up with this thread. Freewallet is Scam - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047087.0

Hi and thanks for your feedback. We'd like to admit that the screenshots requested are only required for the purpose of solving the exact user's case due to its peculiarities. As for the thread you are referring to, if you read those threads till the very end, you would see that all those cases have been followed up on/resolved and scam accusations are common for any crypto service. What makes us different is that we make the most effort in providing a friendly and secure service.

Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 03:40:09 PM

Yes, the freewallet member on here got the ball rolling and I hope to have this situation resolved in the near future. Thank you again.

Hello! We'd like to once again emphasize that as we are talking about the transaction sent to a wrong address, this case may require some time to be resolved. We are doing our best to solve it for you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Freewallet

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 04:23:54 PM

I've tried to be patient, but it's been over a week and they refuse to give me a timetable for any return of funds and they have ignored my latest email. I tried to exchange 1.89 btc for BAT tokens. The transaction hung for hours and I guessed they probably didn't have any access to the tokens so I emailed them that they could just refund my BTC, figuring the exchange could easily be cancelled and my BTC returned.

They emailed me that it had to be done manually and this could take days. Well, it's been days and no action that I see has been taken. I told them in subsequent emails I would be happy either with return of BTC or the BAT tokens I ordered.

Edit: They are currently working on return of coins which apparently were sent to a different eth wallet. While I wish they had been more proactive without constant pushing, the worst I can say at this point is service can be slow when a mistake is made, but this might be industry standard. I will update with how long the entire process takes.

Hello, we are happy to inform you that your case has been successfully resolved. Thank you for your patience and have a great weekend!

kingplaya4 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 10:30:52 AM

Just wanted to say Freewallet did return all the coins to me and I have been able to exchange them back into BTC. They returned them several days ago, I was just waiting on making the exchange and wanted to make sure I would be able to get the coins out of the wallet and do the exchange successfully. Thanks to the freewallet representative on here who helped.
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 10:41:32 AM

Just wanted to say Freewallet did return all the coins to me and I have been able to exchange them back into BTC. They returned them several days ago, I was just waiting on making the exchange and wanted to make sure I would be able to get the coins out of the wallet and do the exchange successfully. Thanks to the freewallet representative on here who helped.

Good to hear your issue is solved.

You should remain the thread title to SOLVED and lock this thread.

Kudos!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: