Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:39:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Parity Multisig wallet  (Read 120 times)
victorkimba17 (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:53:24 AM

Parity multisig library was hacked in 2017. This is 2019. I suppose it is safe to use parity for sending multisig transaction.

I type parity --help on the command line. I do not see anything that can create multisig wallet.

How do i create a multisig walltet address using parity?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 09:59:39 PM

Will mention this beforehand, I neither used parity nor I am knowledgeable of it. However, since you have not gotten any answer yet, I tried googling it and saw their Wiki with this answer:
Parity only allows to watch wallets and interract with them (view and sign transactions, send funds..). It does not allow to create multi-sig wallets.

Also this one which was posted over a year ago:
Currently we only support third-party multisig wallets, and not automatically deploying a new one for you.
You can pick any third-party multisig wallet you trust (those are just smart-contracts controlling the corresponding funds in Ethereum, after all) -- and after deployment you'll be able to add it into the Parity interface.

THis our approach might or might not change in the future.

And an old blog from 2017, Create a Multi-Signature Ethereum wallet using Parity (just to remind you, this is not official from parity)

I am not sure if there were changes now, so you should do further research about it. Tbh, because there was a hack happened last 2017 on parity’s multisig wallet, I do not recommemd that you use it. Please consider using other Multi sig wallet
victorkimba17 (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 02:19:57 AM

Will mention this beforehand, I neither used parity nor I am knowledgeable of it. However, since you have not gotten any answer yet, I tried googling it and saw their Wiki with this answer:
Parity only allows to watch wallets and interract with them (view and sign transactions, send funds..). It does not allow to create multi-sig wallets.

Also this one which was posted over a year ago:
Currently we only support third-party multisig wallets, and not automatically deploying a new one for you.
You can pick any third-party multisig wallet you trust (those are just smart-contracts controlling the corresponding funds in Ethereum, after all) -- and after deployment you'll be able to add it into the Parity interface.

THis our approach might or might not change in the future.

And an old blog from 2017, Create a Multi-Signature Ethereum wallet using Parity (just to remind you, this is not official from parity)

Thanks. I also found the link http://johnmathews.eu/ethereum-parity-multisig-wallet.html

and this https://medium.com/tomochain/i-hacked-parity-multisig-wallet-ropsten-network-89241af06fd1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: