Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:14:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Predictions through 2016  (Read 2542 times)
g27wr (OP)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

I like guns.

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:33:36 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 12:43:28 AM by g27wr

I have done my own speculation over the past few months (like everyone else) and am confident in my theories.
This entire post does not take into consideration an Alt coin picking up steam and surpassing Bitcoin (because I don't see it happening).

Dec '14 = $1,600
Bitcoin will grow this year, but not as quickly as the following two years due to all of the recent negative press. There will surely be more coming this year, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. What doesn't kill BTC will only make it stronger. We've seen growth through the nastiest news so far (cough mtgox). If the price can remain stable with $550 Million missing, I'm confident in Bitcoin moving forward.

Jul '15 = $2,900
Bitcoin is added as payment options for some more big companies after they have evaluated how it's worked with TigerDirect, Overstock, etc. Some jump on board and open the gates for more new Bitcoin users. Around this time, I see Google testing the implementation of some Bitcoin payment methods (paying for services such as Drive, etc).

(Between Jul '15 and Dec '15, we should see a smooth system to get Bitcoins to consumers much easier than now, preferably by a company with a long-standing reputation worldwide)

Dec '15 = $5,500
After business success with Bitcoin, we have our first Fortune 100 company adopt Bitcoin as a payment method. Sit back and watch the growth continue to skyrocket.

Jul '16 = $9,900
More businesses and average folks are adopting Bitcoin faster than ever before because they are seeing how easy it is to get Bitcoins and make purchases, and realize the freedom it offers. A switch to mBTC might be beneficial, since people unfamiliar with Bitcoin do not buy because they 'cannot afford the price'. mBTC will eliminate any confusion with this for the n00bs. Plus, as the price grows, it only makes sense to work in mBTC.

Dec '16 = $16,000+
I don't think Dec '16 needs an explanation based on the previous comments. More and more companies will adopt Bitcoin as a payment method. Wall Street takes it seriously and gets involved in one form or another. As Bitcoin becomes more popular, the price will continue to rise until demand slows down, which I see happening in later years (2018, 2019).

My anticipation is a peak price during it's lifetime of ~$25,000 (probably mid-end of 2017) and come 2019-2020, we'll see it drop and level out around $15,000

In any event, I currently don't have a whole lot of BTC but I do plan on buying more and holding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:49:20 AM

Think your curve is too smoothly linear, there will be greater peaks and troughs
But largely okay with the logic

harkonnen

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:06:58 AM

Unless you can explain your speculation with some formula, it's all bs.
My simple speculation of gut feeling is about $2000/BTC around Dec 2016.
g27wr (OP)

I like guns.

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:09:08 AM

It's not bs, it's speculation based on hypothetical situations dealing with business and consumer engagement moving forward. If it were bs, you could tell me with 100% certainty that I'm not correct (which you can't do unless you can predict the future).

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:49:09 AM

Care to put your money where your mouth is?

$10k by the end of 2016:
http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1532

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
harkonnen

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:26:54 AM

It's not bs, it's speculation based on hypothetical situations dealing with business and consumer engagement moving forward. If it were bs, you could tell me with 100% certainty that I'm not correct (which you can't do unless you can predict the future).

You are not still explaining how did you come to your conclusion. Therefore, your prediction is total bullshit.
Also can't you see I am telling you with 100% certainty (with confidence I might add) that you are total bullshit while you are only speculating with baseless assumptions?
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:58:02 PM

does anyone else see the irony here? Grin

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:03:47 PM

hes new in bitcoin, give the poor fella a break Cool
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:07:05 PM

I have done my own speculation over the past few months (like everyone else) and am confident in my speculations.

Jul '16 = $9,900
More businesses and average folks are adopting Bitcoin faster than ever before because they are seeing how easy it is to get Bitcoins and make purchases, and realize the freedom it offers.

Dec '16 = $16,000+
I don't think Dec '16 needs an explanation based on the previous comments. As Bitcoin becomes more popular, the price will continue to rise until demand slows down, which I see happening in later years (2018, 2019).

Explain why the difference from the trendline analysis:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=322058.0

In my opinion, nobody, but institutions will be buying whole bitcoins at $10K, it is just silly to imagine otherwise.
However, regular folks might be buying and using millies (mBTC).
Therefore, bitcoin prices has to be switched to either mBTC or satoshi's quite soon.
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:42:14 PM

I have done my own speculation over the past few months (like everyone else) and am confident in my speculations.

Jul '16 = $9,900
More businesses and average folks are adopting Bitcoin faster than ever before because they are seeing how easy it is to get Bitcoins and make purchases, and realize the freedom it offers.

Dec '16 = $16,000+
I don't think Dec '16 needs an explanation based on the previous comments. As Bitcoin becomes more popular, the price will continue to rise until demand slows down, which I see happening in later years (2018, 2019).

In my opinion, nobody, but institutions will be buying whole bitcoins at $10K, it is just silly to imagine otherwise.
Therefore, bitcoin prices has to be switched to either mBTC or satoshi's quite soon.

It's so funny the number of people in this day and age who don't understand...decimal points.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:56:01 PM

My anticipation is a peak price during it's lifetime of ~$25,000 (probably mid-end of 2017) and come 2019-2020, we'll see it drop and level out around $15,000

Whoa, that is not a light statement. You're talking about going from over a $450bn cap to under $300bn cap. That's a lot of money. Heck, not even Apple has that much cash on hand (and they have a lot). Even in major financial markets, a $150bn swing is not something to sneeze at. If BTC has as much adoption as you anticipate, a swing like that would have massive impact.
g27wr (OP)

I like guns.

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:59:55 PM

Whoa, that is not a light statement. You're talking about going from over a $450bn cap to under $300bn cap. That's a lot of money. Heck, not even Apple has that much cash on hand (and they have a lot). Even in major financial markets, a $150bn swing is not something to sneeze at. If BTC has as much adoption as you anticipate, a swing like that would have massive impact.

It's just a feeling, obviously, but we're dealing with a whole different beast here. I think it will peak, and then over a few years level off much lower and then stabilize. My reason for this is because I see big companies, fortune 100 companies, picking it up in masses in a few years time which will bring people quickly to bitcoin. Then, over a few years, users will slow down and drop off, and we'll stabilize.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:07:52 PM

Jul '16 = $9,900

Dec '16 = $16,000+

It's so funny the number of people in this day and age who don't understand...decimal points.

It does not mean that I don't, Wink
However, try to explain to anyone that they can buy 0.01 BTC and see their reaction.
ickyt2012

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:17:53 PM

You are not still explaining how did you come to your conclusion. Therefore, your prediction is total bullshit.
Also can't you see I am telling you with 100% certainty (with confidence I might add) that you are total bullshit while you are only speculating with baseless assumptions?

Ha!

Also, Ha!

Cryptocurrency.... because hey, fiat money is just imaginary too
g27wr (OP)

I like guns.

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:18:39 PM

Jul '16 = $9,900

Dec '16 = $16,000+

It does not mean that I don't, Wink
However, try to explain to anyone that they can buy 0.01 BTC and see their reaction.

I see this all the time. When I mention Bitcoin to people who are slightly familiar with it, I get responses such as "Yea I'd get some but can't afford them at such a high price".

*facepalm*

I tell them "You can go up to 8 decimal points out" and then they start to see the picture.

MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:42:19 PM

A buddy of mine wanted to invest in Bitcoin and wired me $6000. He didn't care how many "coins" he was getting - he wanted $6000 worth of Bitcoin at the going rate, so I got it for him (at $525 - not bad) and put it in a paper wallet. I'd hope that most buyers would think of it the same way - they are just "buying Bitcoin" - where Bitcoin is a plural describing a commodity that can be broken up so granularly that it might as well be gold dust coming out of a stream.

"I will take $6000 worth of gold dust, please! At the current market rate, of course!"
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:21:31 PM

It's just a feeling, obviously, but we're dealing with a whole different beast here. I think it will peak, and then over a few years level off much lower and then stabilize. My reason for this is because I see big companies, fortune 100 companies, picking it up in masses in a few years time which will bring people quickly to bitcoin. Then, over a few years, users will slow down and drop off, and we'll stabilize.

That's fair, I only mention it because when I read that part, tons of flags went off in my head. I actually think you have a reasonably lucid justification for the price points and development along the way.

I agree that the success that Overstock has had will likely materialize into something much more significant and adoption by a Fortune 100 retail company would be a huge step. Although Bitcoin is still yet to be adopted by a Fortune 500 retail company. What I could imagine happening is there being major companies that transact in BTC for the convenience for most people.
g27wr (OP)

I like guns.

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:26:30 PM

That's fair, I only mention it because when I read that part, tons of flags went off in my head. I actually think you have a reasonably lucid justification for the price points and development along the way.

I agree that the success that Overstock has had will likely materialize into something much more significant and adoption by a Fortune 100 retail company would be a huge step. Although Bitcoin is still yet to be adopted by a Fortune 500 retail company. What I could imagine happening is there being major companies that transact in BTC for the convenience for most people.

Agreed. Once a big player such as Google, Walmart, etc adopt it, I think we'll see an increase in value like nothing else in history. My cap of $25,000 could be way off. It may be closer to $100,000. Some say that's a crazy value, but it is mathematically possible.

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:33:38 PM

Nice speculation and I hope you are right. But without having a stable price for a long period, I don´t see Bitcoins implemented by big companies.

How can you count bitcoin as a payment method when the price jumps daily. Just my 2 cents. And I´m no troll, I´m 90% in Bitcoin.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:34:10 PM

the market cannot be explained by a formula, because people are irrational. all one needs is a measure of sentiment, basic fundamental knowledge, and chart reading for entry and exit.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: