Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:51:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your plan if you bought around all time high?  (Read 3187 times)
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 06:59:29 PM

In a few years you will laugh at how high the price of Bitcoin is. Guess what? Many people bought at $1,000 during the previous peak, and they held, and now they have way more return on their investment. So the answer is just hodl and you will make money in the long run!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thirdlight

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 07:03:56 PM

I bought during that period too.
My strategy has been to see and buy back at a lower price compared to the price I sold.
I think it's better than just holding it and doing nothing waiting for the market recovery.
Yes, but sometimes your method can also cause damage.  The fact of the matter is that in the world of cryptocurrency there is no concrete path to success. You need to look for it.

K21000

Activity: 71
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 07:35:22 PM

I didn't buy around the all time high (quite the opposite actually). But if i did i would sell my bitcoin during one of the small pumps we have been having recently. It is never a good idea to buy into crypto because of hype. If OP does not want to sell his BTC for fiat they could diversify and buy some altcoins or simply keep holding the BTC hoping the price breaks $20,000 again some point in the future.

The last lot that bought at all time high of $1200 in late 2013 had to wait until late 2016 to sell at a profit so if BTC is to have a new ATH it probably wont be until the early 2020's.
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 07:42:54 PM

Of course, if you purchased a cryptocurrency at the peak of its price at the end of 2017, then one of the best ways to save your invested funds will be their further retention until they again rise to the previous record price. What to do with this cryptocurrency further should depend on how promising the blow job itself or token is how successful their project is.
However, just holding coins is not the most successful method of making a profit. It is best to combine cryptocurrency with partial trading with significant decreases and increases in its price.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
christotle

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 08:31:10 PM

As soon as i was able to sell the coins i bought at a higher price, i will divide my capital into four and start investing level by level, leaving some money on standby in case of deep where i can buy and recover with ease.
TimeBits

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 08:33:26 PM

If they still have it, Strong hands will hold it to a new high.  (most probably sold at a loss because they are possibly the worst at trading)
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 08:36:13 PM

I want to ask everyone who got into bitcoin towards the end of 2017 and is currently at a loss, like myself  Sad What will you do when the market goes up and you get your money back. Sell or just keep holding?

I buy and sell bitcoin depending on the actual conditions that occur in the market, whether they can provide profits in the short or long term, the point's we must be able to see their price movements even further before we make a decision.

I think this depends on our financial condition at that time, if it's stable, then I will leave my bitcoin there and wait until the price rises at a significant level by continuing to hold until an indefinite time limit, and the chance to gain profit big most likely will come true.

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 09:37:40 PM

It depends on how high the price went and how badly it is crashing. If the price sky rockets all of a sudden without any reason and I have bought at the peak, then after seeing the price crash, i would instantly sell whatever I have bought to reduce my losses. If there is a clear sign that the price was manipulated I would have done the same, that is sell out everything.
People if they wan't they can keep holding the coins to recover but until then will have to have patience.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 09:50:21 PM

It depends on how much at a loss you are. If you held from ATH all until now you are still in deep shit and I envy your strong hand. Now it's a bad idea to sell because we got a golden cross which means the end of the bear market. The price can go up and down but it will eventually go back up after this maybe in May we'll go to 6000 dollars.

If you are at a small loss don't worry about it and if the loss is big try to buy more to get even faster when the price goes up to 6000.
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 03:48:02 AM

Roll Eyes I'am still waiting for it, I gain nothing last 2017 I still have some of my coin and kept holding it, and still waiting for the right time for the market to go up, or else I will lose all my coin if I sell it all with the condition of bitcoin...well good for those who already have it maybe they're now rejoicing of what their profit..

Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:42:45 AM

I want to ask everyone who got into bitcoin towards the end of 2017 and is currently at a loss, like myself  Sad What will you do when the market goes up and you get your money back. Sell or just keep holding?

If this happen to me, i think to recover losses, i will do trade and double my bitcoin to recover on USD value. But before make trade decision, we should choose legit coin and have good trading skill because price fluctuation very high

omone1

Activity: 843
Merit: 52

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:04:35 AM

Well, am going to sell some holding and never will I sell all, when bitcoin awareness wasn't as much as we have now, it went ATH, I can't really say what caused the price crash, but as we stand now, if the bitcoin ever touches $20k, it means something must have token it there and that would be adoption, I doubt one will ever see it to buy that low again as we have now. Many eyes are on bitcoin including government of different states, so selling all position could mean a doom. Just my proposed strategy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: