Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:50:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Adoption = Instant mobile transactions  (Read 642 times)
rmilly (OP)

Activity: 312
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 05:51:59 PM

I was just discussing this with a friend the other day about how mass adoption of crypto will have be as easy as a venmo request and payment to someone. Right now tech is quite clunky and seeing peoples' keys can be intimidating to any new comer. What do you think will happen?

Do we have any projects in the works that help with this currently? I know Elixxir is in the works to make a messaging and payments app but they are still in alpha. I could see Lightning Network creating some sort of app
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 08:18:24 PM

I think the mass adoption can be made only if people will afford to buy crypto and hold, and shops with crypto, but indeed maybe lightning network can help because of speed of the transfer, and yes a smartphone will help because of portability.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 08:20:02 PM

I see lightning network as big deal especially with the recent event and news that says that amazon has started accepting btc as payment via lightening network i think this is very positive news and i hope dozens of big companies are going to follow this and it is vital step for adoption.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Dr.Sponge

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 08:29:10 PM

Well, in my country, cryptocurrency doesnt sound too much. But online transactions using fiat is preferable rather than using crypto. Its more even faster and its blazing fast.
ccryptopark

Activity: 300
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 08:37:35 PM

I saw that Amazon is accepting btc now too which is rad. Would love to see a venmo payment sort of system so if elixxir is anything like that than I am hopeful
shadowduck

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 08:56:31 PM

TON platform will be released very soon. this can greatly change the current position of the market and change the concept of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 05:38:17 AM

You can already use Lightning network for bitcoin with the use of blue wallet[1].

[1] https://bluewallet.io/
[1] https://bluewallet.io/lightning/

TON platform will be released very soon. this can greatly change the current position of the market and change the concept of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency
Is this the Telegram ICO? this was done since last year and they're not yet released after raising $15B for funding the project?
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:57:53 AM

Mobile user's around the world are huge and if developers only create software based on any other than mobile it won't spread as wished, mobile wallets will make transactions easier and faster, it's one of the reasons I don't join projects with no mobile wallets or even try to promote them

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:29:52 AM

I was just discussing this with a friend the other day about how mass adoption of crypto will have be as easy as a venmo request and payment to someone. Right now tech is quite clunky and seeing peoples' keys can be intimidating to any new comer. What do you think will happen?

Do we have any projects in the works that help with this currently? I know Elixxir is in the works to make a messaging and payments app but they are still in alpha. I could see Lightning Network creating some sort of app
The transaction time will not be a problem for crypto to be adopted by everyone,only the value changes stops people from using it as currency.Already lightning network for bitcoin launched on some wallets so the chances those project ideas get successful is less.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
taratorly

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:40:52 AM

Elixxir is a beautiful project. In fact, they are already curious about the community, but it is too late. Today is the age of speed. Elixxir has been in development for a very long time.

There are different projects I know. For example, Zeux, although it has claims about the SCAM, nowadays the IEO is about to start. Let's see what happens.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Saugani

Activity: 672
Merit: 35

#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2019, 08:07:14 AM

I presume that, this times so many various developers are trying to increase the value of the value of a fast transaction not spared also on bitcoin transactions.

if refer to the bitcoin, a process that is circulating about this like the lightning bitcoin so own-nodes with all the existing nodes will look good mobile transaction needs

well I know developer as Elixxir, I was glancing its project they have currently holding a contribution on the network nodes and the stage of development.

I know Elixxir is in the works

GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 06:16:55 AM

Elixxir is a beautiful project. In fact, they are already curious about the community, but it is too late. Today is the age of speed. Elixxir has been in development for a very long time.

There are different projects I know. For example, Zeux, although it has claims about the SCAM, nowadays the IEO is about to start. Let's see what happens.
That is why whatever one need to do and develop, one should be fast about it, probably they were thinking that they are the only ones with the idea, forgetting that whatever Idea they feel they have, someone somewhere also has it, just that they might not have the chance to execute it or know how to go about it the.

Now that we are in the age of competitions, we have lots of people also stealing people’s ideas, even if they cannot execute it, they use this idea to scam people and go, but I do hope that in the mist of these competition, elixirr will still stand out among them, they just need to put in more efforts because I really believe in them.
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 08:39:43 AM

Of course it will be easy to be adopted by peoples if we just need to use our mobile phone to transact instantly.
But to achieve such technology, we need more security. Cryptocurrency fear many peoples who got scammed or hacked by others.
To gain quick adoption, we need fast, secure, with small transaction fee cryptocurrency coin in our gadget.

semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 08:44:59 AM

We know that studies are being carried out in this area. But I'm not sure if it can complete a large-scale transaction capacity.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 09:10:46 AM

Most things these new generation coins can offer are obtainable in cryptocurrency. Even with Coinbase as a third party payment platform, I pay for seo services online using bitcoin and ethereum. Although this can be improved on but I want the indiscriminate fraud in cryptocurrency to be reduced to barest minimum first before we talk about full adoption
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1162

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 04:09:02 PM

These are the kind of projects that I expect to create mass adoption, projects that come with working products that will be of high demand, so I really see massive adoption of cryptocurrency when they eventually release the real version of whatever application they are developing.

We have millions of mobile users around the world, if the application can be tailored to cut across the entire world, then I believe there will be a mass adoption but if it is only limited to a particular region or country, there will also be adoption but it will be too low to have any effect that much as standalone in the marketcap of cryptocurrency.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 04:21:11 PM

Mobile user's around the world are huge and if developers only create software based on any other than mobile it won't spread as wished, mobile wallets will make transactions easier and faster, it's one of the reasons I don't join projects with no mobile wallets or even try to promote them

I think you have the kind of thinking going through me.

However, the society has a role to play and it is already doing so because if the society don't adopt high level technologies that is already leading to digital society, cryptocurrency adoption is going no ware because it will all be strange.
wattcrypto

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 04:57:54 PM

I know Elixxir is slow to launch because they have been behind closed doors building a pretty promising product. I think with David Chaum's experience with Digicash and then analyzing what more needs to be done it will be what he envisioned back in the 80s but better
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:36:03 AM

how mass adoption of crypto will have be as easy as a venmo request and payment to someone. Right now tech is quite clunky and seeing peoples' keys can be intimidating to any new comer. What do you think will happen?
I believe that mass adoption in crypto will soon be an obligation and not just a choice, unless you don't want to be relevant in this time, a big crisis is coming to the economic world which is going to cause a lot of downfall in the economy of many countries of the world unless they can adopt crypto so quick, this crisis I am talking about will happen so quick, my biggest guess is that it would happen in 5 years from now, so let's get prepared for it.

There are many projects are working on instant payment options but that alone will not attract mass adoptions. Particularly it may take more time so that people slowly will understand and then stat using an all new payment system. Still, I agree mobile based instant transaction will encourage people to go for using cryptos for their daily needs.
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 07:53:44 AM

Lightning Network looks promising but then, these technologies have to be made easier to help propagate fast adoption of crypto. Therefore I think the relevant crypto bodies and developers should focus more on mass education rather than launching coins daily

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████